• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikael Siversson

• madss

• mobsterone

• Too Tall

What hotel is everyone staying at? I can't wait to see you all again...should be a fun time :rock

you guys post up on Hotels so we can get an idea of were everyone is staying. maybe we can all meet up the night before so I can watch all you guys pull blobs, close grippers, bend things. I will be the motivator! :inno

Sorry I didn't get out to help you guys on Saturday, Scott, but I had an itch to get after some big catfish (should've just come on over to Anson's). I'll be staying at the Wingate Friday and Saturday. We're probably taking my son to the zoo Sunday morning too if any of you guys with little ones want to tag along.

I could only get a room at the Hampton Inn :whacked Hope to see some of you there.

later,

Chad

Sorry I didn't get out to help you guys on Saturday, Scott, but I had an itch to get after some big catfish (should've just come on over to Anson's). I'll be staying at the Wingate Friday and Saturday. We're probably taking my son to the zoo Sunday morning too if any of you guys with little ones want to tag along.

thats ok! the best part was when we had power line run up the street and back. had to be 500ft + on the spool.

We got a good work out with the wire then we got down to business. Fired up the saw and the nail gun. reinforced the spool with bunch of 2x. looks quit ugly but will function. It needs a banner of some sort to cover the inside.

Anson got my lazy, out of shape self to work out and man my arms still hurt. I think he's secretly trying to take me out of the contest :trout .

My clan will be coming down Sat. morning and plan on being at Sorinex at 8 or so to help get everything set up.

Should be pretty easy because Sorinex has pretty much everything.

thats ok! the best part was when we had power line run up the street and back. had to be 500ft + on the spool.

We got a good work out with the wire then we got down to business. Fired up the saw and the nail gun. reinforced the spool with bunch of 2x. looks quit ugly but will function. It needs a banner of some sort to cover the inside.

Anson got my lazy, out of shape self to work out and man my arms still hurt. I think he's secretly trying to take me out of the contest :trout .

My clan will be coming down Sat. morning and plan on being at Sorinex at 8 or so to help get everything set up.

Hey Scott, wanna do another Doggcrapp training session the day before the GGC? :rock I'm looking forward to seeing all you guys June 24 in Irmo, SC.

Hey Scott, wanna do another Doggcrapp training session the day before the GGC? :rock I'm looking forward to seeing all you guys June 24 in Irmo, SC.

I am all about another workout, I feel good nowbut I can't the day before, gotta work :whistel you go ahead and tell me how it goes!

There's at least one other guy coming from Floriday, maybe you could hitch a ride or something.

There's at least one other guy coming from Floriday, maybe you could hitch a ride or something.

Ha, my parents would never let me. Besides, I'd have to sleep in a tent or something. :D

Wes, your parents should take you. It is their parental duty to support your endeavors at self improvement and personal growth. This is a once in a lifetime experience that will teach you what people are capable of with persistence, dedication, and supreme focus. The sort of event that teaches life lessons and reshapes realities. You would be rubbing shoulders with strength legends, networking with highly successful businessmen.

Assuming they want you to grow up into a exemplary adult, I don't see how they could justify doing anything but taking you.

Wes, your parents should take you. It is their parental duty to support your endeavors at self improvement and personal growth. This is a once in a lifetime experience that will teach you what people are capable of with persistence, dedication, and supreme focus. The sort of event that teaches life lessons and reshapes realities. You would be rubbing shoulders with strength legends, networking with highly successful businessmen.

Assuming they want you to grow up into a exemplary adult, I don't see how they could justify doing anything but taking you.

You must of misunderstood, they probably would if they could, but I couldn't just go with someone they haven't known a long time. If there was a competition in Georgia or Florida though, I'd be all over that. Just curious though, who is coming from florida?

Edited to add, just read the rules and I couldn't compete if I wanted, 18+ age group, I'm 16, I could just watch tho':D It would be cool to take a shot at the Inch.

Edited by Wes

It's perfectly reasonable they wouldn't want you to go with someone you haven't known for awhile. That's why they should take you :) The contests are cool when you finally get to one.

You must of misunderstood, they probably would if they could, but I couldn't just go with someone they haven't known a long time. If there was a competition in Georgia or Florida though, I'd be all over that. Just curious though, who is coming from florida?

Edited to add, just read the rules and I couldn't compete if I wanted, 18+ age group, I'm 16, I could just watch tho':D It would be cool to take a shot at the Inch.

don't let the 18 thing stop ya, parents could sign for ya! you could be in the big game. Sorinex has everything you could possibly imagine grip wise, plus a bunch of stuff you did not know existed. Drive up Sat, Columbia SC is about 3 hours from the FL line. work your parents over.

Hey man - if your folks have any questions - I'm sure Scott, Anson, Richard - or any of the promoters would be happy to talk to them and address any questions or fears they might have. I only say this assuming you're in large hands division - if you're in small hands - please stay home :inno

Hey man - if your folks have any questions - I'm sure Scott, Anson, Richard - or any of the promoters would be happy to talk to them and address any questions or fears they might have. I only say this assuming you're in large hands division - if you're in small hands - please stay home :inno

Yah, I would say I'm in the large hands division, my fingers almost touch on a rolling thunder sized handle :D But, I will do my best to make it.

Edited by Wes

Any information on calibration of weights for the pinch and vbar?

For record purposes 'word in not bond'.

the weights have been calibrated so we are good on that end. I believe the big guns are ready to give the records a run.

the weights have been calibrated so we are good on that end. I believe the big guns are ready to give the records a run.

Same rules for all organisers. Please list all calibrated weights (brand, nominal weight and calibrated weight)along with a description of how the calibration was carried out (e.g. a certified scale at a postoffice etc.), just like Jedd and Smitty did for the 2005 GGC (in a PM sent to me and David Horne).

We are still on for our wager, are we not?

Mike Corlett

Yes we are. The gripper is already part of my training program for July. :tongue

Same rules for all organisers. Please list all calibrated weights (brand, nominal weight and calibrated weight)along with a description of how the calibration was carried out (e.g. a certified scale at a postoffice etc.), just like Jedd and Smitty did for the 2005 GGC (in a PM sent to me and David Horne).

We will get that to Dave.

Edited by madss

We will get that to Dave.

And then I will have to ask him so I can update the record lists. Would be easier to just post it on the GB for all to see. It would be best to do this before the competition so any WR claims are fully backed up by a solid calibration procedure. We don't want the vbar "WR" drama of last year's GGC to be repeated.

We are still on for our wager, are we not?

Mike Corlett

Yes we are. The gripper is already part of my training program for July. :tongue

Who says Mikael doesn't have a sense of humor? :laugh

Hbgzr

• 2 weeks later...

Once the contest is done, you will get all the info you need.

-Jedd-