Deaner's Weight Loss And Getting In Shape Log

deaner

My thinking is if I start a log on here, it'll help keep me motivated to stick with it. I'll get my weight tommorow, probably around 250, with the short term goal of 225. M-W-F: pullups/pushups, Tues legs, back, core and cardio, Thursday: shoulders, chest, back, arms, cardio Saturday: core, cardio. My problem is the need to eat alot, I'm always hungry and get low blood sugar easily which leads to me being a jerk.

Couldnt get my weight, the gym scale was gone. Heres my workout:

Hang Snatch/Overhead Squats 95 3x5, did 1 hand snatch w/95 too

Deadlifts 225x5, 315x3, 325 2x3, 315 x3 1 min rest between sets

Should be able to add some weight to these

Squats/russian twists superset 135#/5# 2x20

Tried to keep up the pace, 25 minutes total in weightroom

Treadmill 30 minutes total 4x2 minutes running

Good luck man! same problem here, also a bit heavy at 240lbs at 5"9 with about 16%BF so i am too striving to be 225 at 12%.. eating.. man, can't stay away from it :D

WEdnesday with gripwork did pullup/pushups

2-10, 2-12, 2-14, 2-16, 2-18 total 10-70

want to get them pullups improved real bad, think losing some weight will help that

Keep it up man. You know what is calling you? The bike and the air trainer, or as soon as we can see some pavement we can hit the road again.

-AK Sean

WEdnesday with gripwork did pullup/pushups

2-10, 2-12, 2-14, 2-16, 2-18 total 10-70

want to get them pullups improved real bad, think losing some weight will help that

I'll tell you what deaner, you'd be surprised what kind of a difference 5 pounds would make on you pullup numbers. Keep at it bro.

Tim

thursday

rotator work

superset laterals w/db press 3x12 15/45 only got 5 last set of presses

barbell rows 3x12 135

triceps pressdown ss w/ reverse curls 3x12

Cardio, 10 min row, 10 min walk, 10 min run

Weight today 250 (or 249.8)

3/31

pullup/push up super sets

2/10, 2/12, 3/14, 3/16, 3/18, 3/20 total= 15/90

pullups felt a bit easier, maybe get some sets of 4 by end of week?

4/1

Missed cardio at gym, had to work late so did jumprope at home.

Neckwork headstrap back of neck 3x10 33#/ front/side rolls 3x10

Jumprope 10x1 minutes

4/3

got new pullup bar at home, did pullups/pushups yesterday but today is my day so here goes

2/10, 3/15, 3/20, 3/20, 3/15, 2/15 total: 16/95

not as happy w/my bar as I thought I'd be, seems so damn strong until I hang from it! Alot of torque on them bolts and I'm not sure how strong they are, they are 5/16" x 5" lag screws, I was gonna get 1/4", but I bent one barehand in the store.

I just read your log today, Jason. Good luck on losing the weight and fighting the hunger.

Not liking the set up? Did you go into the ceiling or into the 45 degree wall of yours? I will have to look at it man. Also, what are the dimensions of the board you are using? Specs man I need specs!!!!!!

Its mounted on the 45. Used lag screws to hold down a 5 foot 2x6, the used 1"OD pipe for the bar, it's a 4 foot bar, so I can go nice and wide. The amount of torque on it when I'm hanging is pretty significant, I'll need to beef it up a little, theres only 3 lag screws holding the board down right now. The pipe is held down by 4 wood screws into each of the 2 flanges I used to hold the pipe to the board.

4/4

Deadlifts 8x3 315 nice lil volume day to get my ass ready for the deadlift work to come

Squats 2x5 225 ss w/ crunches

russian twists 1x? w/5# plate

cardio, 30 minutes 6x2 minute jogs squished in there, they are not fast, just a 10 minute mile putt, but in my condition, it'll do, I like doing 2 minute on 2 minute off it makes the time fly by.

4/5

pull/push 2/10, 3/15, 3/15, 3/15, 2/12, 2/10, 3/10, 2/10

total: 20/97

Slow and steady wins the race my friend. You are doing great!!!!!!!

4/7

pull/push 2/10, 3/10x4, 2/10x3 total 20/80

skipped yesterdays workout, no good excuses, lots of little ones though

feeling like trying some sets of 4 pullups next time, stuck to 10 pushups at a time, shoulder feeling shitty again.

I'm gonna just roll this log into my other one, don't really like having 2 and I've started KTA so won't be putting too much grip stuff down any way, just be focused on losing some fat and closing the MM1 and getting COC so 1 log should do.