Idea For Armwrestling Device

Elfer

-- i e-mailed the company -in english--did not get a reply back--

--if someone could translate the specs i'd appreciate it--

bump

-- i e-mailed the company -in english--did not get a reply back--

--if someone could translate the specs i'd appreciate it--

bump

Looks like its just me and you who likes this machine and is willing to pay for it

• 2 weeks later...
this is easy to make works great and moves to any position http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=4199

You gave me inspiration to a similar device. I just made a table for myself and a removable device similar to yours. Mine can be moved to any corner and is inserted into the square tube of the frame. When not in use, the corners are covered. The device rotates inside the square tube and followes the direction of the pull. The mounting in the corners also makes the feeling more like the one from an opponent, not just pulling sideways.

Thanks for a great idea, Dan!

Here are some pictures:

http://www.jimgahnfelt.se/bilder/table01.jpg

http://www.jimgahnfelt.se/bilder/table02.jpg

http://www.jimgahnfelt.se/bilder/table03.jpg

http://www.jimgahnfelt.se/bilder/table04.jpg

//Jim

Chalk up another solid looking device from the inventor and masterful craftsman jimcg. :bow

nice craftmanship :mosher i screwed up when i made mine when i was competing i trained on the positive side of the pull and when my opponent pulled me to his side i was weak and lost so insted of starting all the time with my arm straight up at 12 oclock start lots of pulls at 1 or 2 oclock and when you hit 12 you will be rolling also do bands and springs good luck hope you do well

Chalk up another solid looking device from the inventor and masterful craftsman jimcg. :bow

Thanks! :blush

nice craftmanship :mosher i screwed up when i made mine when i was competing i trained on the positive side of the pull and when my opponent pulled me to his side i was weak and lost so insted of starting all the time with my arm straight up at 12 oclock start lots of pulls at 1 or 2 oclock and when you hit 12 you will be rolling also do bands and springs good luck hope you do well

Thanks for the advice, I see your point. I can use a 1 or 2 o'clock staring position with my "opponent device" so I'll start doing it that way.

//Jim

I use something similar.....I use a high pully though, feel good for when you get close to the pad just straight down locking side......

So let me understand what your saying here. You trained a similar way back when you pulled, and only trained positive movement with your hand inside your shoulder. This didn't work to well when your opponent got you off center and you felt your power was gone? So do you suggest that when I train this way I start with my hand outside my shoulder at a 1 or 2 o' clock possition? Also last question. When you adjusted your training to having your hand outside your shoulder. Did it allow you to feel more comfortable than you did when you only trained with your hand inside? meaning if someone was to hit you quick and put your off center you felt you were able to still stay or get back in control of the match.

Thanks for your responce in advance, I am like a sponge when it comes to anything armwrestling.

I use something similar.....I use a high pully though, feel good for when you get close to the pad just straight down locking side......

So let me understand what your saying here. You trained a similar way back when you pulled, and only trained positive movement with your hand inside your shoulder. This didn't work to well when your opponent got you off center and you felt your power was gone? So do you suggest that when I train this way I start with my hand outside my shoulder at a 1 or 2 o' clock possition? Also last question. When you adjusted your training to having your hand outside your shoulder. Did it allow you to feel more comfortable than you did when you only trained with your hand inside? meaning if someone was to hit you quick and put your off center you felt you were able to still stay or get back in control of the match.

Thanks for your responce in advance, I am like a sponge when it comes to anything armwrestling.

yes you got it also used bands or a bike inner tube to pull against also try this you can use a heavy garage door spring cut in half put it inbetween your weight and the cable on your table for a different feel when you pull the weight off the floor the spring makes it bounce and fight your arm . good luck

yes you got it also used bands or a bike inner tube to pull against also try this you can use a heavy garage door spring cut in half put it inbetween your weight and the cable on your table for a different feel when you pull the weight off the floor the spring makes it bounce and fight your arm . good luck

I'll look into that. When I train side pulling, I try to concentrate on the rotator and elbow strain that I get when I actually pull someone. Because I can move a decen amount of weight by putting my whole body into it. But I think that defeats the whole purpose of building side pressure. Thanks for the info once again :mosher:mosher