World Grip Council

Bearcat 74

German Grip Council  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for who you think will do the best job as a promotor of grip strength and contests in Germany.

• Burkhard Macht
    • Thorsten Moser
    • Florian Kellersmann

Vote for your choice to sit on the World Grip Panel

Voting will run for 7 days.

Thank you all for putting your names forward, and best of luck. The first task for the comitee of members will be to vote for a chairman of the World board.

Thanks

David

I am actually curious as to why FrankyBoy did not join in ? Did I miss something vital here ?

I presume he did not want tp put his name down. You can't force people. You had to volenteer.

I wonder why only one guy from Germany will enter the council!? Is there a difference to Sweden or Britain?

I am actually curious as to why FrankyBoy did not join in ? Did I miss something vital here ?

Theres a simple explanation for that.

I assume that with the current voting system not the best suited (and thats for sure not me) but the best known will be voted.

I wonder why only one guy from Germany will enter the council!? Is there a difference to Sweden or Britain?

Yes, Flo Martin and me were discussing exactly that topic the weekend.

Neither the number of comps nor the number of currently active gripsters (or competitors) could be a base therefor.

So, what was the base?

Only to get an odd number in total?

The performance of the Germans in open contests against other Europeans.

Maybe we should have based it on population instead. Eight Germans for every Swede or two Dutch for every Swede or perhaps 25 Americans for every Swede.

Complain if you wish but the truth is that without the Swedes and the Brits there is not much left in Europe to match the best Americans in grip.

The number of competitors should be the base not their strength of course.

The performance of the Germans in open contests against other Europeans.

Oh, I didn't noticed that here is the voting for the "Best performance in grip contests".

:blink

Apparently not.

You guys are not doing yourselves a favour in the world of grip by all this wailing.

Focus on getting strong instead.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

It that was really the base, and I do not hope so, then its totally ridiculous.

Hopefully other guys besides Mikael can clear those things up.

It that was really the base, and I do not hope so, then its totally ridiculous.

Hopefully other guys besides Mikael can clear those things up.

1st: Vote for who you think will do the best job as a promotor of grip strength and contests

2nd: I think it's time that we got a panel of grip promotors and enthusiasts together to vote on various contest issues.

Who wants to be involved, put your name below. When we have all the names we can then vote for say 8-10 of them on the gripboard. All done democratically.

So, I am a grip promoter here in Germany.

I think that a member of a world grip council must NOT be the strongest man or something else.

Its okay when he is both, but for the grip sport it's needed that the guy in the council is able to can move things and determined something to act for ours sport.

Only my 2 cents here.

A second panel perhaps. Brilliant idea.

No one said you have to be strong to be elected for the grip panel.

I guess someone totally missed something here. :laugh

Yes you did. You need to distiguish between the performance of an individual and the overall performance of a nations athletes.

A weak person can represent a country which has a strong field of athletes.

I agree with you Frank.

Its hard for me to understand answers like that.

Is THAT the future base for argumentation in a world grip council?

And you missed it again.

I was refering to your 2nd panel. :inno

:whistel hehe

Well you can laugh and go on behind your computer screen. I am done with you guys. You are basically disrespectful.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

:whistel hehe

Well you can laugh and go on behind your computer screen. I am done with you guys. You lack respect in general.

This :whistel was for franky because i misunderstood him.

That was NOT a lack of respect against YOU!

As I've just said in the live chat, coolness is needed here. Lots of things will be discussed, and all these will be done by the members. But everyone can put questions together for the meetings which will (I presume) be posted to the chairman.

Hopefully the start of something good,

David

I beleive, without getting out of my pram, that there were discussions made by a large group both here and in the chat room.

The least amount a single country ought to have is 1. Of the countries that have had competitions names were asked to be put forward - there is a list elsewhere. Then you have the number of competitions and promoters of the same to think of. I think in terms of population Germany is on a par with the UK. Finally and not half as important as Mikeal infers is the standard of the competitors. I would also remind all that Mikael is not the committee and the commitee are not Mikael. It may have been best if he had not answered as it doesn't necessarily represent the views of all others involved in the discussion - esp with the apparent emotional outburst.

Lastly once a committee has been established anyone representing their country who thinks that they ought to have more voting power will be able to table a motion to that effect. They would need to argue the point as to why and provide good reasons. I think the UK got 2 because there have been more events, over more years and David, if not one else, has done as much for the sport in the UK and indeed the world as anyone else - plus he said he'd be interested.

Perhaps if there had been a huge number of Germans competiting, promoting and interested in being on the commitee the decision may have been different. Plus having the odd number of reps means no stale mates when it comes to voting. It does mean Sweden can side with Germany, USA with the UK and so on.

Yes you did. You need to distiguish between the performance of an individual and the overall performance of a nations athletes.

A weak person can represent a country which has a strong field of athletes.

Listen, Mikael: I don't understand this argumentation. Perhaps you can help me out. I would appreciate this. Thanks a lot! :)