From Nothing To Coc #1

tibere

Hello every one (sorry for my eng im french).

Its been 2 weeks that i have bought my coc #1 and#2 and i think i'm not doing the good things to close those grippers.

Some one to give me a litle program ?

Im really close to close the #1 (3mm) ans the end is really hard for me.

How many training per weeks ?

I dont understand every prog who were given (because of some exercice).

Can some one help me to build a little program based on the gripper exercices ?

Thx you.

Hello every one (sorry for my eng im french).

Its been 2 weeks that i have bought my coc #1 and#2 and i think i'm not doing the good things to close those grippers.

Some one to give me a litle program ?

Im really close to close the #1 (3mm) ans the end is really hard for me.

How many training per weeks ?

I dont understand every prog who were given (because of some exercice).

Can some one help me to build a little program based on the gripper exercices ?

Thx you.

KTA PROGRAM!!!!

Shut the #1 as far as you can with one hand, then use the other to push it shut all the way. Try to hold it there with one hand. Do that every couple of days.

Shut the #1 as far as you can with one hand, then use the other to push it shut all the way. Try to hold it there with one hand. Do that every couple of days.

Do the same with the #2 so will close the #1 faster.

No i didnt buy the trainner, i think i wouldnt have been useful because i really close to crush the 1.

What does it brings to use paralel ?

Thx you.

Edited by dju

No i didnt buy the trainner, i think i wouldnt have been useful because i really close to crush the 1.

What does it brings to use paralel ?

Thx you.

It is easier to close it from parallel set. Once you can close it from parallel you can try to close it with les set each training until you arrive at no set.

No Set = Pick up gripper and close it with one hand

Set = Place gripper in hand, use other hand to position for best leverage (as in the picture above), then close it with other hand

Overcrush = Smash gripper handles together as hard as possible. Try to dent the handles.

Be careful with the #2 for a few weeks. Do not do too much too soon. The hands need time to get used to the grippers.

Try this article to learn more about gripper training:

http://www.farmstrength.com/ClosingBigGrippersFinal.doc

I would stay away from negatives at such an early stage in your training. Buy a cheap store gripper, you can get them close to the same strength as the trainer and they only cost $10. Use that for your workouts until you can close the #1. It won't take long.

And as for how often I would reccommend you train 3 times a week until you can close the #1. At that point you are working with enough resistance to reduce your workouts to 2 or even once a week.

Edited by Left Side

Keep working hard bro. I just got involved with grip training and it took me a month to learn proper technique. I have only been training for 2 months and I can close my coc#2 for 17 reps and BBsm for 4 nice reps. I am now working on the number 3. Hang in there and it will fall.

I trained in powerlifting for 5 years. I never really trained my grip at all. I ordered my coc grippers 2 months ago and closed my number 1 out of the box. After 2 workouts I was able to close my number 2. It took me about 3 weeks to close my BBSM. I have very small hands (only 7") so I am very pleased to be on the road to closing the number 3. I hope to cloe it by the end of 2006. Good luck to you bro. With practice you will be on your way.

Sorry i cant edit the last one...

I saw people saying im 2.4, 3.6 ? what does it means ?

It is an evaluation of the grip power ?

Thx.

When someone says 2.4 is means that the gripper rates 4/10 of the way from a #2 to a #3. A #2 rates 195 lb and a #3 rates 280 lb so a 2.4 would rate 229 lb.

A BBSM rates about a 2.7. The poundages shown at the WW site are calculated differently from IM's.

A BBSA rates about a 1.6 and would be useful to you at your level.

OK here's my suggested work out for you for a couple of weeks. This assumes that you only have the weak store bought gripper and the #1 and #2.

Do this 3 times a week and always rest at least a day in between (rest 2 days if you are really sore or tired)

Warm up with a couple of sets of about 10 reps with the very easy gripper.

Then alternate attempts at closing the #1 with NC's (Negative Crushes with the #1) To do a negative crush, grip the gripper as usual and use your other hand to force it closed and then let go and squeeze as hard as you can for 7 seconds. Since you are only 3mm away from closing your #1, you may be able to hold it almost completely closed during some or most of the NC. With NC's the idea is to not hold it in one placem but to hopefully have it closed more than the 3mm that you are currently able to close it one handed and to squeeze as hard as possible.

So your work out looks like this...

#1 attempt

#1 7 sec NC

#1 attempt

#1 7 sec NC

#1 attempt

#1 7 sec NC

#1 attempt

#1 7 sec NC

#1 attempt

#1 7 sec NC

If you prefer to do 5 attempts and then 5 NC's, that should be fine.

Note that I don't have you doing anything with the #2 yet. This is to minimize your chances of injury until you shut the #1 consistantly and until you have built some more foundation for harder workouts.

Once you can consistantly shut the #1 it is time to OC it. (Scott nicely explained OC in an earlier post)

So you next level workout may be like this....

Warm Up 2 sets of 10 reps with easy gripper.

Work out...

#1 close

#1 close

#1 7 sec OC

Choked #2 7 sec NC

#1 7 sec OC

Choked #2 7 sec NC

#1 OC until failure (hopefully longer than 7 sec)

Choked #2 7 sec NC

#1 7 sec OC

Choked #2 7 sec NC

You can choke your #2 with a hose clamp around the spring coil. There are pictures at this site showing how to do that. This will make your #2 easier and also allow you to concentrate more on the final close. Once you can consistantly close the #1, I'd recommend choking the #2 down to 1inch (25 mm) spread. It will likely be too hard for you to close 1 handed, but once you gain strength and the NC's become too easy or you can close it 1 handed at that spread, loosen the hose clamp and widen the spread somewhat (maybe to 30 mm) and as you gain more strength, continue to widen it.

Also as you gain more of a foundation, you may be able to add a few more sets. You also will be able to vary and do some reps with the #1 rather than OC's.

Don't forget to work your extensors for a few sets at least twice a week on off days.

.. hope this helps .. neilkaz ..

THx you so much for your answer.

Thx for the program :)

litle question : when you say : # 1 attempt : means as much rep as i can do ? Or just 1 attempt (concentrate to close it ? )

I have started to do negatives with the #2 its bad ?

Untill i cant close the #1 your advice is not to train with the #2 so ?

Im sorry but i dont understand everything (because of eng :p )

"" You can choke your #2 with a hose clamp around the spring coil. There are pictures at this site showing how to do that. This will make your #2 easier and also allow you to concentrate more on the final close. Once you can consistantly close the #1, I'd recommend choking the #2 down to 1inch (25 mm) spread "" ?????

You talk about the kind of ring you put on the higher part of the gripper ?

Where to buy this stuff ?

What does warm up means ?

Thx you all !

You should be OK doing negs with the #2. How difficult are they ? Can you keep it nearly closed or does it open up quickly ? If it opens up quickly I'd suggest choking it to make it easier.

I'll post more in a few hours when I get home from work.