Best Hammer Curl?

JamesG

I agree with what Josh said. Great hammer curl strength with a weak front wrist and your overall backpressure on the table will be subpar. Ive seen guys who can hammer curl a ton not have much backpressure because thier wrist is bent out of position easily and its hard to generate backpressure from this position. . .

Unless you train it.......... :whistel:upsidedwn

I think you should certainly incorporate some training with your wrist bent so you're more ready for it in a match. That said, your backpressure is going way down once your wrist is flopped, I don't care how much you train it.

i think the only way to isolate the weight and get a good idea of a max poundage is doing them on a preacher bench arm straight down and up for a rep. :blink

To dangerous for negs so I don't even think about doing it.......

huh???

I wouldn't do it, I feel more safe doing negs seated concentration style......so I can stop the dumbell at the point I want to. Doing preachers makes this a little more hard to do than I like.

I don't know what your confused about it's pretty self explanatory.

I was just talking about doing negs, I know he was talking about a different movement.....

I agree with what Josh said. Great hammer curl strength with a weak front wrist and your overall backpressure on the table will be subpar. Ive seen guys who can hammer curl a ton not have much backpressure because thier wrist is bent out of position easily and its hard to generate backpressure from this position. . .

Unless you train it.......... :whistel:upsidedwn

I think you should certainly incorporate some training with your wrist bent so you're more ready for it in a match. That said, your backpressure is going way down once your wrist is flopped, I don't care how much you train it.

Yeah.......but it would be sick to be able to apply some wrist poping back pressure with your wrist flopped back.

im going to try to do get a workout in today i broke my big toe thursday so it still hurts but doing them on a preacher bench is easier than some big dude yanking and torking on your arm and wrist at a tournament and you could always just drop the weight if it didn't come back up or we train together and help each other out at a sign of sticking or reach down and help with your left hand plus you can put a stop at the bottom to rest the weight on when it gets stuck .

Dan-Good luck with todays workout. Have you ever thought about having a training log? I think alot of people could learn from how you do things.

Dan-Good luck with todays workout. Have you ever thought about having a training log? I think alot of people could learn from how you do things.

Thanks Austin I found a new pain pill from this broken toe Advil liquid gels.They are great.They also gave me tylox pills and I didn't have to take any yet.As for a workout log I could not keep up a regular schedule with my work and part time work so I workout when I can.Sometimes 10 or 11 at night and after work like I told garythedino I'm just lazy and read everyones posts and vids to relax.Good luck in your armwrestling this year when you compete :mosher

im going to try to do get a workout in today i broke my big toe thursday so it still hurts but doing them on a preacher bench is easier than some big dude yanking and torking on your arm and wrist at a tournament and you could always just drop the weight if it didn't come back up or we train together and help each other out at a sign of sticking or reach down and help with your left hand plus you can put a stop at the bottom to rest the weight on when it gets stuck .

I guess....but I always found armwrestling easier to do for me than weight lifting. No matter who is pulling me it just feels right I dunno.

But yeah I train by myself, so I just feel safer doing it the way I do.

I hope you train well today man!!!