Reverse Curl Pr's

JamesG

What is everyones pr's and what is considered world class or very good?

I hit 95x1 at 275. Probably not good but hopefully it will come up. Im coming after you Slater! :tongue

J.P

James,

Get used to them. this is one of the lifts I want to test on my Dad's birthday this year. Got a gripper goal, plate wrist curl goal and a reverse curl goal. ;) December 12th is the date . . .

One of the Pallock brothers who were both armwrestlers did 135 3x10 at 180 bwt. Which is pretty impressive.

Austin

I have reverse curled 120lbs. on an Apllo's Axle and I have done 135lbs. on an easy curl bar at a body weight of 250lbs.

I have also strict curled 162.5lbs. in a comp. on an easy curl bar at 250 body weight.

Thanks Austin, I'm trying to drop done to 220lb. and set some new records. :rock

I have hit 135 on three different workouts, and have failed many, many times at 140. All of the reverse curls were done in strict curl form.

I currently train strict curl 3 time a week and I'm chasing 170lb.

I have also cheat cruled 240lb., But it was very, very ugly. :whacked

105 pound reverse curl at 220 the other day before I got sick. I want 135 this year. It's doable with enough work.

Do you guys arc the bar away from you or do them drag style grazing your torso?

40 Kilos thumbless reverse curl on my Axle tonight - grip might have gone a little higher but I can't reverse curl any more than that.

Do you guys arc the bar away from you or do them drag style grazing your torso?

I do them arc. I haven't done them in a LONG while. I'll toss them in (E-Z bar), between alternate dumbell curls and cable concentration curls and see how I do. :laugh

fatboy - Your main goal is to lift more so are concetrated on that exercise or you have another goal? Also you train your whole body?

I have many goal for myself.

Close CoC#3 and bend a lot of reds.

Over head press 300lb. Bench 450lb.

Deadlift 550lb.

Lift Blob and Pinch 2 35's

Lose 30 pounds.

Thats just the short list.

fatboy - Your main goal is to lift more so are concetrated on that exercise or you have another goal? Also you train your whole body?

I have many goal for myself.

Close CoC#3 and bend a lot of reds.

Over head press 300lb. Bench 450lb.

Deadlift 550lb.

Lift Blob and Pinch 2 35's

Lose 30 pounds.

Thats just the short list.

That's an impressive list to hit. I bet no one calls you fat! Best of luck in hitting your goals.

From the site.................

"fluent in five languages"

"Purple Heart for his military duty".....in Korea

"studied at the Sorbonne in Paris, the University of Munich and Syracuse University. Graduating cum laude at UCLA, he received a Masters in Russian Area Studies"

Wow! Bill Smith is one impressive guy!

That's an impressive list to hit. I bet no one calls you fat! Best of luck in hitting your goals.

Thanks Denis, I sure some people have call me that behind my back.

Good luck and i wish the best with your training fatboy!

Thanks Blackheart, I also wish you and every member of this board the best of lucky with their training and attaining their goals in every thing they do.

My PR in the Reverse Curl is 35lbs.

• 1 month later...

Very surprised at myself on this one.

99lb (45kg) on olympic bar 2 reps. aiming for bodyweight.

bodyweight 143lb (65kg)

Did this after heavy (for me) clean and jerk singles. i think the residual strength helped alot.

I am doing them so that my hands are shoulder width, elbows tucked but kept forward and lifting to full curl and resting in front squat rack position. Is this how you guys are curling?