Best Tools For Forearms

Blackheart

Yeah, Heath works, it is my name afterall. :)

My best is 40x20 flexion, like a wrist curl, and 12.5x20 extension, this was done after grippers. I have done more weight, but never for a set of 20, those are all I count. The poundage is weights only, I don't count the collar, seems like it is 2.5lbs?

I always do grippers first and it seems to act as a good warm-up. There are others that have handled more weight, John Wood has done some big poundages and I think Austin Slater has used some good weight. I have had mine since late November so hopefully my weights will come up with more use.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blackheart

• Bearcat 74

• Scott Styles

• climber511

The poster that came with the Formulator had a sample workout and it was all sets of 20, I started on that gained on that and until something goes wrong I will stay on that. That is my main working set. Say I try 45lbs and get 11 reps, I will drop to between 25-35lbs and rep out, I write both sets down, but to me neither count because I didn't get 20 with the goal weight, and I have already done 20 with the lighter weight so it is just extra. I never do more than 2 sets flexion/extension. I may be able to handle more, but 2 is comfortable. If I go 2-3 workouts t say 45lbs and I am not progressing, I will drop back to 40lbs and go for reps and then drop again for reps. Same with extensor work, only with much lighter weights.

isn't the formulator like $250? That's way too much IMO. There is not enough material used to justify that price, just padding somebody's pockets

$175 including shipping, it is pricey, but it was worth it to me. Some people may not see the need and that is fine, there are other good wrist/forearm lifts, but to me, nothing compares to the formulator.

Yeah, I just have not got around to it. Football weightlifting has started up and my training has been sporatic.

i cannot lever big weigths but when i lever my forearms are really fried!!! i believe it is the best exercise not just good for bending activities but for overall strength of the wrist.Much better from the wrist curls at least.Brutal exercise..Does levering also thickens the wrists (in time of course)????

• 1 month later...

Someone here mentioned the Power Forearms program, by Health For Life. Could you tell me a little about what it's about? It's hard to decide to spend money without having some idea what you're paying for. Thanks!