Best Tools For Forearms

Blackheart

Which do you believe are the best tools for strengthening and GROWING your forearms? I believe from my experience : thick wrist rollers, and especially the hardest a 3" wrist roller, levering, and thick bar training.When i do these exercises my forearms are fired up.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blackheart

• Bearcat 74

• Scott Styles

• climber511

Formulator.

I 2nd that motion.

I also think wrist roller is very good.

I think to maximize the size potential of your forearm, you need to strengthen your entire grip. Working flexion and extension will build the superficial muscles, but if you want to make them really big, you need to make the muscles that close the hand stronger too.

I would expect a narrow wrist roller to work the forearms harder than a 3" roller. I personally find that the bigger a bar gets, the more of the stress goes to my thumbs instead of the rest of my grip / wrist.

Yes i agree with the formulator, but to buy this kinda difficult..

And if you add the shipping too....I would like to get that piece of equipment...

I've got a 2" wrist roller from FBBC for instance. Much easier on the thumbs than my 2.5" Dumbell or Thick bar. Still fries them. Taken to an extreme, PDA offers a wrist roller that is 1 3/8". It's kinda pricey, like $60, but I bet you could make something similar with a piece of 1" or 1.25" inner diameter pipe.

barbell wrist curls, 6-8 rep range, full range of motion but no finger roll

Since you capped "growing" I picked these. They blew up my forearms in no time.

For size gains Power Forearms are the ticket. I am a true believer in this workout program - other than Davids foundation routine, I think every new grip trainer should do it for 3 months to start out.

The Formulator. It is worth the price. Save up for one. Shovel some snow, rake leaves, cash in empty soda bottles. Whatever your method of earning a couple of extra bucks, just get one. Over the course of your lifetime, it will amount to less than a penny a day to get one.

The Formulator does a great job and will blow up your forearms. What's nice is that it puts less strain on the wrist tendons than a dumbbell. Also, your grip and thumbs does not become a limiting factor. I have had problems and pain using hammers and dumbbells and have none with the Formulator.

Formulator. You can use it more than just wrist curls and reverse wrist curls.

Wrist Roller. Although I really want a formulator I think true massive forarms will be acheived thru other means then with the forulator.

I think holding onto a barbell in general that has a heavy load will do the best. Top deadlifters and Oly Lifters have massive forarms.

Supermagnoman, what do you mean? "More than just flex/extension?" Hmm...

Blackheart- I have never heard of anyone maxing out on the Formulator. It can hold more weight than is humanly possible. (?) (What IS the most that a human wrist can support w/out snapping?)

Here is a free gift for someone more motivated and rich than me.

What about a ONE HANDED formulator? Basically a box in which you insert the hand, a bar extends off the top with which weight is added. Move not just in two directions (flex/extension) as with the F-word, but in ALL directions. Front and back levering, 360 degrees, etc.

I have always wanted to make one but never got around to it. Someone build it and let me know how it works. Send me a check soemday.

u can do levering movements on it and pronation and supination movements as well.

Get a formulator from John Wood its a great tool.It was shipped fast I live in the UK it only took 5 days.Once you do a few sets of ten on it your forearms feel huge look etc its a great tool

What about a ONE HANDED formulator? Basically a box in which you insert the hand, a bar extends off the top with which weight is added. Move not just in two directions (flex/extension) as with the F-word, but in ALL directions. Front and back levering, 360 degrees, etc.

You can use the Folrmulator 2 handed flexion/extension and reverse curls. You can use it one handed for flexion/extension, front lever, rotation, hammer curl, reverse curl and regular curls. So you can do more than just two movements with the "F-word"

I put 5 dollars a week into an envelope for about 35 weeks and bought a Formulator. It is the bees knees.

Shovel some snow, rake leaves, cash in empty soda bottles.

I just got a job shoveling snow!! :blink Uh, does it snow a lot in Georgia? :ohmy:unsure

You can use the Folrmulator 2 handed flexion/extension and reverse curls. You can use it one handed for flexion/extension, front lever, rotation, hammer curl, reverse curl and regular curls. So you can do more than just two movements with the "F-word"

Wow! I guess I didn't realize you could do all that but I suppose it makes sense. You can tighten it down so it clamps hard on just one hand right?

Though I have a rip off I built I have a seperate savings account that gets a little money every week for my real Formulator someday.

Here's what I'm talking about:

http://www.theformulator.com/radialulnar.html

http://www.theformulator.com/radialulnar.html

If you highlight the pick, then you can see how the exercise is done.

Shovel some snow, rake leaves, cash in empty soda bottles.

I just got a job shoveling snow!! :blink Uh, does it snow a lot in Georgia? :ohmy:unsure

You guys need to learn about the "Dollar a Day Savings Plan" I have been doing it for a few years now, and it works very well. However, you must be disciplined about it. I have had anywhere from $580 to over $700 extra cash in a years time, with this method. :)