How Many Days A Week?

Shenandoah

After years of weight lifting, I have decided to go full bore on my forearms, devoting a full 40 minutes to them. I have always worked my forearms, but always as sort of an appendix to my regular routine. Now I want to pull out all stops and push my forearms to the max.

My question is would three days a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, be over-training? Would two days a week, say, Monday and Thursday be better? Naturally, I want to devote the time that will produce maximum results.

I started doing grip as a single exercise after back or biceps. Now I still do one power grip exercise after these days, but I also have added a whole day to work: crushing, levering and pinching. So, 1.25 days of grip per week for me. :D

What do you want size or strength?

Holy Shinola, Stal! Is that really your arm?!!

Well, then, I guess you know what you're talkin' about. So, you essentially do a full-blown forearm routine only once a week? And that's enough? By the ".25", I'm assuming the gripping is just one other day in a week.

How often per week do you work the same body parts?

I've always done total upper body three days a week and legs two days a week? (I'm good with math)

Now I plan to rip my forearms to shreds three days a week, and unless someone who knows a lot comes along and tells me that's way too much and is detrimental, that is the regimen I plan to follow.

I appreciate your response!

Whoa! The Oxman showed up as I was responding to Stalwart!

What do you want size or strength?

I want size. Over the years I've built 18" arms, but my forearms have never quite gotten up to 14". They're like perpetually stuck on 13 3/4" I would love to add another inch! Next question - what am I doing? Everything! You name it - gripping, overhand/underhand wrist curls, pinching, wrist rolling/twisting, leverage. I've made a lot of my own equipment.

And, thanks for your response, Oxmeister!

• 2 months later...

I do grip 2- 3 days a week directly, but in storngman my grip gets worked no matter what. evory other week i do grippers and hub on mondays and pinch on thursday, the inbetween weeks i do thick bar and bomb, and then on that friday of that week i will do ither v-bar or random feat of grip. somtimes i will throw in wrist rollers or wrist curls, but i will never do grip more then 3 days a week for more then 15-20 mins.

I work mine 3 x week, for strength.Grip work primarily. As Ross said it can get worked with other training, as it does with my Sambo training.

Work them everyday of the week. Sometimes twice a day. When they get tired rest a few days and start all over again.

What did a farmer do everyday who has cows. He milked them. With what his hands? What were the hands made for? To work everyday with. Can you over train your hands if you yes. In your head. Some days train 50% some 110% Train it all, all the time. Get sleep and learn to heal over night and the pain will never come back.

Work them everyday of the week. Sometimes twice a day. When they get tired rest a few days and start all over again.

Thats exactly what I do, sometimes I get lazy tho...

This is one of those questions you can't really answer for somebody else. What is optimal to the other guy might be too much or not enough for you. Keep a log and find out what works for you.

Training every day might be good if done right. You just have to cycle everything accordingly.