Big Bri's Grip Training

big bri

Hi everyone. My training from the beginning has just been for entertainment and for the self-gratification with no intent to compete. Recently I've been interested in competing for fun. I'm currently planning on at least attending if not competing if there's no conflict with my schedule at college. I have no intention on winning or doing remotely well since I'm not nearly as strong as the other competitors that will be there. I just want to go for fun. I sure hope I can make it. So having said that I'll be posting my training here. My current training is a slight modification of the routine that Heath Sexton wrote about in his article "Closing Big Grippers" which I found on this forum, so he takes credit for the routine.

Monday, January 2

Grippers:

Warmup #1x1, #2x1, #3x1

4 attempts at my #3 turned into a negative (I can currently, with a CCS, get my #3 to 1/8 of an inch and improving).

3 strapholds with my BBSM with 10 lbs

Tuesday, Jan. 3

RT:

95 lbsX4

140X1

150x1 PR

150x1

135x1 with a 10 second hold

2 hand Pinch:

90x1

100x1 PR

105x1 PR again

105x1

90x1

I haven't been training RT very seriously until now. In the past few weeks since I've had it I just messed around with it from time to time. So I'm pleased that I'm making progress. Also with the 2 hand pinch, I have only tried it once before and got 90 lbs my first try. So getting 105 my second try made me happy.

Repeat after me - I wil compete, I will not watch other people have fun and hate myself for not signing up - I will compete!

Hi everyone. My training from the beginning has just been for entertainment and for the self-gratification with no intent to compete. Recently I've been interested in competing for fun. I'm currently planning on at least attending if not competing if there's no conflict with my schedule at college. I have no intention on winning or doing remotely well since I'm not nearly as strong as the other competitors that will be there. I just want to go for fun. I sure hope I can make it. So having said that I'll be posting my training here. My current training is a slight modification of the routine that Heath Sexton wrote about in his article "Closing Big Grippers" which I found on this forum, so he takes credit for the routine.

Monday, January 2

Grippers:

Warmup #1x1, #2x1, #3x1

4 attempts at my #3 turned into a negative (I can currently, with a CCS, get my #3 to 1/8 of an inch and improving).

3 strapholds with my BBSM with 10 lbs

Tuesday, Jan. 3

RT:

95 lbsX4

140X1

150x1 PR

150x1

135x1 with a 10 second hold

2 hand Pinch:

90x1

100x1 PR

105x1 PR again

105x1

90x1

I haven't been training RT very seriously until now. In the past few weeks since I've had it I just messed around with it from time to time. So I'm pleased that I'm making progress. Also with the 2 hand pinch, I have only tried it once before and got 90 lbs my first try. So getting 105 my second try made me happy.

great complete workout, looking strong on grippers and RT...I feel yeah on RT I've started training it again and it's a interesting lift :shifty

thanks man...i've fell in love with RT lately. call me a romantic.

Tuesday, Jan. 5

Grippers:

#1x1

#2x1

#3x1 CCS attempt (1/16 in. from closing PR) turned into a negative

#3x1 same as before

BBSM straphold with 15 lbs held for 7 seconds

#2 overcrush

#2 overcrush

#2 overcrush

choked BBE attempt

choked BBE attempt

extensor work

I'm happy to hit that PR, gets me one step closer to certifying!

Edited by big bri

Jan. 9

Grippers:

#1x1

#2x1

#3x1 missed by 1/16 inch turned into negative

#3x1 same

#3x1 same

3 strapholds with BBSM with 15 lbs held for 10 seconds each

3 overcrushes with #2 held for 10

extensors

contrast bath

kind of a lackluster workout but at least i didn't get weaker.

Jan. 10

RT:

95x6

140x1

140x1/3 held for 10 seconds

130x1 held for 10 seconds

2 hand pinch:

90x1

90x1/4 held for 12 seconds

I probably should mention that I go heavy on RT and pinch every other week and I go light in between heavy weeks. this is my lighter week and then next week i'll go for more of a max effort lift.

i decided that i'm going to take a week off and let my hands rest up.