Gripper In Between Bbm And Bbsm

denisbeck

Denis, did you ever get that RB180, and if so, is it the tweener you were looking for ? .. neilkaz ..

Neil,

Well it finally arrived! It is a handsome gripper to say the least. It was smaller than I expected, came with a 3" spread, and the Black Handles were very nice. The black coating on the silver spring was disappointing as the center of the spring was not coated. It looked as though the coating was sprayed on and not dipped. I gave it a few squeezes and it was every bit as hard as my Supermaster. This was due to the spread as all my grippers (Sans the IM2 & 3) fall within the 2 5/8 - 2 3/4" range. I had debated not seasoning prior to its arrival, but when I saw how the coating was missing on the spring I decided to anyway. The spring diameter was smaller and I had to work the piece of 1/2" rebar onto it slowly, whereas with other grippers I own there was room to spare. I put 100 stomps on it in each direction and I could actually feel it getting easier. The gripper seasoned down to 2 3/4" and sustained no damage from the seasoning. I gave it several squeezes and now fianlly have the tweener between my Master and Supermaster.

Joe,

Me either, everyone that I had seen had raised my expectations to where I was surprized at what I received. I would have preferred it to come with an unfinished Black Spring instead, but if it was to pretty to season, I might have foregone it so it worked to my advantage anyway. What also caught me by surprize that I forgot to mention was that there was absolutely no marking on it all all. I don't know that since they are made of aluminum instead of stee if this is commonplace or not.

Anyhow, after seasoning you ended up with a gripper that is the strength you were looking for, which is great !

Disappointing that for the added price, this gripper didn't come with a completely black spring and with RB180 engraved into a handle.

All my RB's are aluminum handles some with chrome springs and some not ( I ordered all not, but was sent some chromed for the same price) and I am very happy with them.

.. neilkaz ..

No marking either, wow.Im going to half to be sure to get a real good talk in w/ him before I order mine next month.

• 2 weeks later...