Millenium Lifters?

stranger

Steve ,

Will the Millenium bell be finding its way to the Oscar Heidenstam dinner in March 2006 ?

Doubtful. I'm not even sure I'm going. However, now that I am in Gloucester and just over the Severn I'm a lot closer to you than I was and so you're welcome to a have a go.

Make a chance. Tell the board where you live, then arrange to go to a Millennium dumbbell and lift it anyway - so long as it's one handed. Crooked or not it will be a small group you'll be in. Mark's repping is to be admired as was Joel Sward's level effort.

John Wood has given is some air time no tilt. Certain people don't seem to beleive it because theres no pictures but there have been more than a few credible witnesses around when hes done it.

I think I could pick one up if I had the chance. Not sure how good my form would be though, probably crooked.

:rolleyes you better have a famous name behind that keyboard.

thanks guys. are there any vids of people doing it?

I have $5 on it that you cant get it off the ground crooked or not.

I'd like to see Sward,Mobster,Henry(and Odd,Pfister and Samuelson)take a shot at the Excalibur.Only two in existance.

Link to Excalibur 250#

Another look at the beast

what are the dimencions of it and how much does it weight or is it loadable?

John Wood has given is some air time no tilt. Certain people don't seem to beleive it because theres no pictures but there have been more than a few credible witnesses around when hes done it.

Just one - word is bond.

thanks guys. are there any vids of people doing it?

Yes - look in the gallery

I have $5 on it that you cant get it off the ground crooked or not.

I'd have as much as well.

I'd like to see Sward,Mobster,Henry(and Odd,Pfister and Samuelson)take a shot at the Excalibur.Only two in existance.

Link to Excalibur 250#

Another look at the beast

what are the dimencions of it and how much does it weight or is it loadable?

Dimensions. What does it weigh? It says what it weighs in the title ie: 250lbs. As for loadable - what do you see in the image? One more question: are you a troll?

i have to say i do think he has got some air under that monster, why lie about it. ya know what i mean

i have to say i do think he has got some air under that monster, why lie about it. ya know what i mean

There's no question of lying or not. I mean there's a pic of him holding it at waist level - by his own admittance merely supporting it from the back of a pick up. Check the gallery it'll be there somewhere.

However, for many a year the gripboard has had a 'rule' regarding what will be a world class feat of strength. ie: videos and pictures. I, who lifted it first, had to provide the same, there's pictures of Mark Henry and there's pics and a very short clip of Joel Sward. There are none of John Wood.

Until such time as they are produced and given historys habit of renowned strongmen talking a good game rather than playing one (or others on their behalf - a la Paul Andersons 1200 or even 1400 squat) his name will not be added. The same 'rule' applies to everybody. Read your own red lined signature.

I am sure John has or had the strength and could do it again if he put his mind to it. So could others.

I find it interesting that this topic gets raised every so often. The same old BS gets used as well.

1) My tilting style isn't all that: compared to what? Typically the person saying it cannot pull the Inch never mind the MDB, has never closed a CoC 3 and has a low number of posts here (indicating they wont have seen the topic before). As I have never claimed to have deadlifted it only 'lifted it with one hand' my claim to fame stays as is. However, there is a pic of me in the gallery with both ends above the knees and in front of, among others, Wally Pullum, David Morgan (Silver medallist at a Commonwealth games that year and Steve Angell) at a grip seminar I gave a few years ago at Pullum Sports in Luton.

2) That they could lift it but don't have access to it etc etc: I trained using a 2.5-inch thick handled plate loaded dumbbell. When I train to pull the MDB, baring in mind it's sitting in my lounge right now, I still use the same equipment. Access? I flew 5000+ miles to compete in the GGC 2004 - I think that means I have travelled among the furthest to compete - putting up and shutting up. At the end of the same event I did did the best on the Inch there - it's on the video.

3) That John Wood should be counted: Even Kim Wood, John's outspoken dad, doesn't beat this one to death and John barely mentioned it at the time - good lad. John and Kim are well aware that the burden of proof lays with them - as it did with me, Mark and Joel (his vid and evidence was put forward first via Joe Roark and others). So why do others who ought to know better raise the old dog and beat it trying to give it some life when it's dead? (so to speak). I think John will put up a video as an when he cares enough to be known as someone who lifted it. Right now he obviously couldn't give a fig. If he doesn't why do you?

There are others here who could do it, now and with training. Showlarson has 1, Kim W has - as far as I know - two. I have mine here and all are welcome to arrange to come and have a go. When I was in London Jim Wylie arranged to come and have a go - alas not successfully. It may well be that Chris James is up for another go. He has set up a similar bell and pull similar weight before. Train, make arrangments to visit, pull and become a MDB lifter.

thats just my opinon i'm not gonna debate this

It's not open to debate. Nor did I disagree with you. I stated what has been a GB rule on WR attempts or world class feats of strength for a while. Like I said - the red wording in your sig line is enough: 'In a world filled with people that “talk the talk” then there are those select few that actually “walk the walk” which are you?' Just a talker - that's my opinion.