Millenium Lifters?

stranger

from what i understand the millenium is the same as the inch but it weighs 250lbs! so how many men have lifted the millenium dumbell?

ok, so what is the millenium dumbbell?

Only Mark Henry has done a millennium bell lift worth mentioning.

Actually Mark Henry, Joel Sward, and Mobsterone (Steve Gardener) have all lifted it to about the mid shin to around knee level (correct me if I'm wrong). No one has fully deadlifted the thing as far as I know.

Check out some of the old galleries for the Sward vid (he is the guys that farmers with the inch bells about 75'!)

Not to blow my own horn but I can pick up the inch any day of the week and did so my first time seeing one. BUT the millenium will not do anything but pop one side up and roll out of my hand!!!!

Edited by showlarson
  • Like 1

Wow......the only time Mobster was ever ''humble''********* and doesnt metion himself and he gets burned and snubbed.

********(never though I would see the day)

Lmao. :flame

Can anyone provide a link to a site which explains who makes this dumbell and what it looks like?

Can anyone provide a link to a site which explains who makes this dumbell and what it looks like?

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=3103

That is a MDB shown compared to an inch db...they are not made anymore and I believe only 7 in the world (4 in the UK, 3 in US- 2 in us owned by Kim Wood , the other by me.)

The handle looks alot longer on the MDB! I cant imagine how hard it is to pick one of those up.. unreal.

Mobster Steve Gardner,co inventor of the MDB has lifted it well above shin level,i videod and witnessed it at the OHF dinner in the UK.

ok, so what is the millenium dumbbell?

Google it using images. It's a bigger dumbbell than the Inch (172 v 228). And search this site.

I'm always suspicious of a new member (27 posts) making slagging comments. Mark did no better than me indeed as per Gazza I've lifted it higher. Mark has done it three times left handed and three times right the first time he saw it.

Myself and Alan Radley (PhD) created the bells. This site and google have images.

• Like 1

im pretty sure if magnus samuelsson tried the thing he would get it, unless he already tried and failed

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=3103

That is a MDB shown compared to an inch db...they are not made anymore and I believe only 7 in the world (4 in the UK, 3 in US- 2 in us owned by Kim Wood , the other by me.)

well show if you haven't lifted it its because its not on the top of your list . i think after christmas and you get a break you should focus on it and get it done i know for a fact you can do it . i also put handgripper man second to do it if he had one and wanted to train for it :whistel

I'd like to see Sward,Mobster,Henry(and Odd,Pfister and Samuelson)take a shot at the Excalibur.Only two in existance.

Link to Excalibur 250#

Another look at the beast

I'd like that to. Even with the extra weight the lack of globes mean it would be equal to a MDB. It'd doable. I have gone as heavy as 300.1lb on a plateloaded dumbbell and the Excalibur is as solid as can be. And it's nigh on pretty as well :happy

I'm hoping to compete in the worlds in 2006 and if big John can be persuaded to bring it in his 4x4 I'll give it a try.

I'd like to see Sward,Mobster,Henry(and Odd,Pfister and Samuelson)take a shot at the Excalibur.Only two in existance.

Link to Excalibur 250#

Another look at the beast

I'd like that to. Even with the extra weight the lack of globes mean it would be equal to a MDB. It'd doable. I have gone as heavy as 300.1lb on a plateloaded dumbbell and the Excalibur is as solid as can be. And it's nigh on pretty as well :happy

I'm hoping to compete in the worlds in 2006 and if big John can be persuaded to bring it in his 4x4 I'll give it a try.

If you lift it with the 2 3/8" knurled handle?

Have Pexter slip on the 2.47" smooth handle.Hope it happens.

Yes it is a pretty piece of metal.

West coast choppers -meets the strength world.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

With the knurled handle deffo. With the larger smooth handle I'll need to work to about 310-320 on my plated loaded bell. It's that nice to look at that I had it as my desktop at one point.

I have no idea what "slagging" means. Based on the images I have seen so far, only Mark Henry has done anything respectable with the Millennium dumbbell.

Chris have you ever had a go @ this bell ?

I have no idea what "slagging" means. Based on the images I have seen so far, only Mark Henry has done anything respectable with the Millennium dumbbell.

Explain why. If it involves the bell being straight PM me your address. Plus and I ask this of all those with such opinions and comments, what could you do with it? I mean other than roll it up and down.

Chris have you ever had a go @ this bell ?

Yes. He two handed it to his shoulder and attempted to one hand press it getting a push press/jerk as far as his ear (ie: about 3-4 inches).

• Like 1