My Training Log

verdigriz

Heres where I am up to after 3 weeks of lower arm work:

LEVERING

Begin with a light set of levering with 2.5kg on the end of a dumbell, 10 reps to the left and right both hands, and then 5 reps each arm to the front and to the rear.

Next my working sets: 2 sets each arm of 3 reps with 7kg left and right supination, and 2 sets of 5 reps rear anf front wrist raise.

PINCHING

Begin with light hold (2hands)of 10 seconds with 35kg

2 working sets of 3 second holds with 50kg.

FOREARM SPECIFICS

With the same conglomeration of 50kg weights all tied together I do the forearm bar roll with the weight dragging on the ground, 2 sets with 4 metre rope as far as I can drag/roll it.

PUTTING IT TOGETHER

I then do a pully style arm wrestle pull with a iron handle while my arms on a bench, I did one set with 20kg for 7 reps each, my pully is really shotty and has alot of friction, but i find it a real challange as it puts alot of sticking point s on the pull.

GRIPPERS

I just sold my hg200 today and tried some strap hold with my crap store gripper but it was too slipperey, ill hold out another week for my I.M.

cheers

Next session...

LEVER WORK

Warm up with 2.5 kg on end of dumbell, figure eights concentrating on going very slow. Then instead of heavy supinations I wanted to try for some timed holds, so i used the same weight and with arm at side I held the front raise for 20 seconds and the rear lift for the same, did this times 2, good burn.

PINCH WORK

I added 5 kg to my best for a total of 55kg for a 2 handed pinch. I use an old narror brick for my block, but I dont count that weight but it must be around 3 kg.

I did 5 singles for 2 secs each.

WRIST ROLLER

I used the same weight for pinching and did 2 sets, alternating the direction of wrist turn each set, I only budged the weight a meter or 2 but my forearms were pumped!

ARM WRESTLE SIMULATION

I added 5 kg to the last time i did this for a total of 25 kg for 3 singles, left arm needed some assitance from the right.

Any advice would be great cause i dont know if I am going about my trainintg correctly?

you have some pretty strong wrists and pinch grip for the time you've been training.

that hg200 you sold, is that the best gripper you have closed? what coc are you waiting for in the mail?

only advice i have is get you hands on a thick handled DB. i have the Holle-it up from iron mind, it has recently become my favorite exercise.

Yeah the HG200 is the only gripper I have used, closed it second time around, my hands were sore for about 5 days after the first time i used it, everytime i saw it lying around i had to try ot..overtrained etc..then when my hands were fine i closed it easily. The iron mind gripper is the #3...miles ahead of where i am i know, but i just need to feel how hard it is...its a mental thing that will make me train harder, i tend to go in reverse some times, like reading a book backwards. The same thing when i first began weight training a few years back...the standard to reach if you were quite strong in the bench was 100kg, i began on 40kg. So one day i thought i wonder how bloody hard this 100kg bench is, so i got 3 spotters one on either side and one behind me to help me with a negative rep, just to see what it felt like....it gave me motivation in some weird way to bench reasonably heavy, my best being around 120kg, not super great, but better than the average joe off the street with average genetics.

Thanks for your advice on the thick handled db, its got me thinking about surcing some thick metal for a home made version...

I have a stratigy in place for the #3 when i get it, a method that pavel uses, it probably will just be another attempt at a magic bullet for the #3 but i will keep the forum posted if it works significantly....im not expecting it to be an easy ride as my hands arent the biggest around but onwards and upwards :rock

i think what your going to realize when you get the #3 is that you should have gone with the #2. the coc#2 is way harder than an hg200 and a bit harder than an hg250. don't even worry about the hand size thing though, mine are only 7'' long and i'm a hair away from the #3. good luck with everything.

i think what your going to realize when you get the #3 is that you should have gone with the #2. the coc#2 is way harder than an hg200 and a bit harder than an hg250. don't even worry about the hand size thing though, mine are only 7'' long and i'm a hair away from the #3. good luck with everything.

I know you are right, and i will have to go backwards in gripper size, but thats ok, im fond of negatives, partials and forced reps, also my strategy is designed for me to be along way off from closing..ideally it will work..lol.

Im glad to know that your hands are the same as mine in length..i was getting abit worried reading through posts about hand length and the #3, how long you been at the #3 and gripping? I hope you crush that baby soon!

Thanks for the motivation

i started grip training this past june, i was not able to close the #2 yet. i also recently started slacking on the grippers(powerball took over my life :D ) but i'm back into them more serious again and i'll get that #3 soon.

keep us posted on your progress with this method of yours.