Books And Dvds

Starkmann

I'm considering picking up a book/dvd or two in the next few month. I'm looking for suggestions. For me grip is a fun pursuit but largly a means to an end. I'm very interested in different kinds of weight training. I enjoy powerlifting and would like to do strongmans. I don't know olympic lifts but want to learn.

I own John Brookfields two books, I have Mastery of Inner strength by Bill pearl. I own the bench video from west side and elitfts.

So what do you all recommend to me?

Book - The Mighty Atom

DVD - Slim the Hammerman

I second that! Also Dinosaur Training.

Edited by nickr104

I second that! Also Dinosaur Training.

Can't beat Dinosaur Training! :bow

Also check out Bill Hinbern's site: Click Here

Also check out Bill Hinbern's site:

Nice site, I signed up for their catalog. Any specific thoughts on what is best on that site?

Magnus Samuelsson - ''The Worlds Strongest Arms'' dvd.

this has grip, weights, strongman, and arm wrestling segments... oh and Svend and Magnus are really funny!!! :laugh

Books:

The Spiritual Journey of Joseph Greenstein

Dinosaur Training

Relax into Stretch by Pavel

DVD's

Slim the Hammerman

336lbs of Fury

I've really enjoyed the 2 DVDs Big Steve made. Primarly because in addition to demonstrating the feats, he teaches them. You get a lot of content for the money too ($50 for the pair, I think).

DVD 1: http://heavenbent.net/_wsn/page3.html

DVD 2: http://heavenbent.net/_wsn/page2.html

I also want these two DVD's, but haven't bought them yet:

Slim the Hammerman

336lbs of Fury

So it looks like Slim the Hammer Man and Dinosaur Training are leading the charge, with 336 lbs. of fury coming in late in second. I'm not familiar with 336 lbs. of fury so I will be googling that soon. Thanks for the input thus far. I'll take whatever anyone else has.

The Spiritual Journey of Joseph Greenstein and The Mighty Atom are the same book - sorry for any confusion I might have caused those who didn't know that.

Regarding Dinosaur Training. Copies have been making regular appearances on eBay recently. However, the price soon approaches and occasionally exceeds what one would pay for a new copy from Ironmind.

Pistol Pete's Homework Basketball. Dribbling and Ball handling.

:)

Whoops. Wrong forums.

The TPS strongman training video series. Excellent break down of many of the core events in the sport of strongman.

On Killing by Dave Grossman, nothing to do with strength sports but a good book nonetheless.

The Weightlifting Encyclopedia by Arthur J. Dreschler is one of the books for Oly stuff.

Hmmm...

I've really enjoyed the 2 DVDs Big Steve made.  Primarly because in addition to demonstrating the feats, he teaches them.  You get a lot of content for the money too ($50 for the pair, I think).

DVD 1: http://heavenbent.net/_wsn/page3.html

DVD 2: http://heavenbent.net/_wsn/page2.html

I have Big Steves 2 DVDs, 336 Pounds of Fury and Slims DVD. They are all awesome. You can't go wrong with purchasing any of them. My personal favorites are Big Steves 2 DVDs and they cost less than the others.

You can't go wrong with Big Steves DVD's and Dinosaur Training. You will learn a lot form both the book and Steve's DVD's. Dinosaur Training lays out some real ass kicking work outs that force your body to grow. Its some of the hardest work I've ever done. :rock I can't say enough about Big Steve the man and his video will make you feel as if anything is possible. He drives my every bending workout. the man is a STUD. :bow

I forgot to mention "dino training" and "Rock iron steel" I haven't read those in awhile.

Dino training was the first book that gave me a few new ideas, and "rock,iron,steel" taught me some crazy strength/endurance stuff , boths of these books are great for "strongman" event training.

Let's see,

KTA- actually I have that and like it a lot. I'm not yet trying to get certified but even the first pages on gripper setting and set up helped me.

On Killing- bought it at the end of basic and read it then. Very interesting, basically we kill more efficiently today because of video games and more realistic practice.

The Ronin- Is this novel about samurai, a novel off of which the movie Ronin was based, a self help type book or sme completely different.

Thanks again for all the input. I'll take what I can get although I think some of you have convicned me to get more items than originally planned. I may have to just put them in order and buy them as budget allows. I'll take further suggestions.