How's April 1st For The Show Of Hands Grip Cup?

EricMilfeld

Can those of you seriously interested in competing please chime in yes or no. If for some reason this particular Saturday doesn't work for you, please list alternative dates.

Also, let's use this thread as a sign up sheet for the event, so I can get a head count. List all those you will be bringing with you, as well. Thanks.

If I show up on April 1 will there be anybody else there, Or just a note saying APRIL FOOLS DAY!! :yikes You've got me worried now.

YES. April 1 is good for me, so far .Sign me up.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to bring anybody else, If I do find somebody else I'll let you know.

Later, Jason

\\m//

If work allows I'll be there. Will be bringing 2 guys with me. One is a member, he just doesn't know he's coming yet. :) The other is a friend of mine who has no idea he's coming either. But with enough ether I think both will allow me to load them up in the car and drive away... :)

Count me in as I've always wanted to meet ya'll. It'll just be me though. All I get around here now is a rolling of the eyes when I show them the new _____ I've done. No more being a "recreational hand strengthener". 5 months of training; time to see what the fear of embarrassment against some of the best can do for me....seriously.

Great, guys! I'll now start working on the rules and other specifics for official posting. It looks like April Fool's it is. Wouldn't that be funny if I gave you guys directions to a knitting class! :yikes

Great, guys! I'll now start working on the rules and other specifics for official posting. It looks like April Fool's it is. Wouldn't that be funny if I gave you guys directions to a knitting class!

Yes it would be funny! But wouldn't it be funnier if I was already scheduled to TEACH that class? :tongue

Count me officially in.

Where are you thinking of holding this event Eric? I have an idea or two if you don't.

W

Count me officially in.

Where are you thinking of holding this event Eric? I have an idea or two if you don't.

W

Cool, Dub!

Well, I guess it depends on how many contestants we're gonna have. If the turnout is small, a garage could work. What are ya thinkin'?

• 2 weeks later...

I will be there.

-Keith

Too cool! :)

Gah! Two months later and I'd be in! I'm moving to Denton, TX right after I get married June 24. Good to know there's a bunch of active grip guys where I'm going!

I'm a "maybe." It of course depends a lot on what finances are like in April.

Ok guys, got confirmation on the location. It will be in Burleson Texas at the Burleson Athletic Club. A gym owned by former Icelandic Olympian and former Universtity of Texas Strength Coach Oscar Jacobson. We will probably have some of the local guys from the gym interested in representing the gym and competing with us. The local highschool powerlifting coach wants his team to come watch and I bet a couple may compete as well.

I will post links to some pictures of the exits before the date as it is very easy to get to off I-35. Like one block off of the Interstate.

Address is

212 Northeast Wilshire Boulevard

Burleson, TX 76028

google hybrid satelite map is here

Map to Burleson Athletic Club

If you guys have any questions please feel free to pm me and I will do what I can.

I'm very happy to be in the background and help Eric with this event. My only request of you guys is to help me respect Oscar, his gym, and his clients. We will be there during business hours for at least 3 hours as we plan on starting at noon on April 1st. The gym's business hours on saturday end at 3pm and Oscar has said he will stay open for us to complete the event. So as he is respecting us and does not plan on charging us for this even I would like to pay him a thankyou both in cash and in respect. He asks that we not yell and scream vulgarities, and be respectful with regards to his equipment.

So that being said, come one come all. If you are coming please let Eric know the how many in your party are competing, and please let me know how many spectators are coming so I can help Oscar plan the set up and just how much we will need to modify the layout of the gym to accomodate us.

Thanks again and I can't wait to see and compete with you all.

Weldon

I would like to go but w/ college its a never ending cycle that leaves you wondering when youll get some free time.I certainly know Im in no way ready for a grip contest at all but it would be a great learning experience and thats why I want to go.Its actually close to me to,well maybe, where Burleson at?I live in Amarillo and if you are in Fort Worth Im guessing that Burleson is close to there.What all lifts will be done?so I can do some kind of training if I am able go.Sounds like yall are really on the ball and good know I have some fellow grip addicts in the region.

Here is a link to the contest info: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=16927

Burleson is just south of Fort Worth. The events will be 2 Hand Plate Pinch, V-Bar, Bending, and 2.5" Crusher Deadlift.

It would be great to have you come to The Show Of Hands Grip Cup.

I hope you can make it.

Jason

\\m//

Edited by com202

Count me in as I've always wanted to meet ya'll.  It'll just be me though.  All I get around here now is a rolling of the eyes when I show them the new _____ I've done.  No more being a "recreational hand strengthener".  5 months of training; time to see what the fear of embarrassment against some of the best can do for me....seriously.

Actually, for me, it's not the fear of embarrassment....its just the plain ole embarrassment. It will be nice to see the lifts in person rather than hovering in front of the computer screen taking notes.

A big "Thanks" to Eric and Dub..for lining this up. Let me know what I can do!

D. :mosher

Count me in as I've always wanted to meet ya'll.  It'll just be me though.  All I get around here now is a rolling of the eyes when I show them the new _____ I've done.  No more being a "recreational hand strengthener".  5 months of training; time to see what the fear of embarrassment against some of the best can do for me....seriously.

Actually, for me, it's not the fear of embarrassment....its just the plain ole embarrassment. It will be nice to see the lifts in person rather than hovering in front of the computer screen taking notes.

A big "Thanks" to Eric and Dub..for lining this up. Let me know what I can do!

D. :mosher

Don, glad you can make it! And thank you for the offer. :)

The events will be 2 Hand Plate Pinch, V-Bar, Bending, and 2.5" Crusher Deadlift.

Just four events? Maybe I can git in the ole car and make the drive over there! :D

The events will be 2 Hand Plate Pinch, V-Bar, Bending, and 2.5" Crusher Deadlift.

Just four events? Maybe I can git in the ole car and make the drive over there! :D

John, I heard your name mentioned in the "strongest board member" thread. I guess that qualifies you for a spot in the contest. :tongue Seriously, Snott, come on down!!!

I will now officially be offended if you don't snot. lol

(tounge firmly planted in cheek)

:rolleyes

If you can, you would certainly be a welcome addition.

W

• 1 month later...

I've some great news! John offered to help sponsor the contest and has supplied us with four t-shirts, two hooded sweaters, and a skull cap, all of which have either the Strong logo or the Fat Bastard logo.

I'm getting excited, even though this is week 3 with no training due to tendinitis in my wrists. I'll still give it heck on April 1.

We still have a full crew coming?

Benzilla

Opensysme

Thorfin

Eric

Me

Strongmitts said he would come judge if we want him too.

Who else is a confirmed show? Clay, have we convinced you to come?

Eric, we need to go visit the gym. Maybe some evening next week?

W