Imtug......wow!

1stCoC

I'm ordering the Tug level 1 for my 3 year old girl for Christmas.

I'll let you guys know if she shuts it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gerryg

• 1stCoC

• Oldtime

• Blackheart

My son Bert snatched my #5 Tug off my desk to actually hang on his Christmas tree.I bought a full set (all7) and they are the hit of our gym. If ever I have a Grandson that just might be his first gift.Being a designer of strength equipment for the past 25 years my eyes and hands are trained to pick out a good thing pretty quick...and the Tug is! RS

OK COULD YOU GUYS WHO HAVE THE TUGS RATE THEM TO THE REGULAR GRIPPERS LIKE A TUG 1 EQUILS A TRAINER AND A 7 EQUILS WHAT? A NO 3 ANYONE GET ALL 7 ? :help JUST SAW YOUR REPLY COULD YOU RATE THEM THANKS

Edited by DAN PRAYDIS

OK  COULD YOU GUYS WHO HAVE THE TUGS RATE THEM TO THE REGULAR GRIPPERS LIKE A TUG 1 EQUILS A TRAINER AND A 7 EQUILS  WHAT? A NO 3  ANYONE GET ALL 7 ?    :help    JUST SAW YOUR REPLY  COULD YOU RATE THEM THANKS

From the IM site "For example, use IMTUG1, IMTUG2, or IMTUG3 if you are training with a Guide, Sport, or Trainer Captains of Crush Gripper; go up to the IMTUG6 or IMTUG7 if you're working on closing a No. 3 or No. 4.

Edited by gripperm

I need to get a better paying job...

The little spring collars that I use now to train individual fingers do not have all that great of a feel, but I've got to make the best use of what is available.

I'll probably buy some. Not because I need them. Just because I can't stop buying grip toys. :whacked

I'll probably buy some. Not because I need them. Just because I can't stop buying grip toys.  :whacked

John,

Please let me know which ones yours kids are able to close.

I am ording some for my kids also.

If you are working on this captains of crush gripper: You´ll probably want to use the following imtugs:

Guide or sport: imtug 1 imtug 2

Trainer or no. 1: imtug 2 imtug3 imtug 4

no. 1 or no. 2: imtug 3 imtug 4 imtug 5

no. 2 or no. 3 imtug 5 imtug 6

no. 3 or no. 4 imtug 6 imtug 7

My Tug4 arrived today! Way to easy for my middle and index finger, it feels just right with my ring and pinky finger, and with the pinch it's hard. By the way, I can close the IM#2.

My Tug4 arrived today! Way to easy for my middle and index finger, it feels just right with my ring and pinky finger, and with the pinch it's hard. By the way, I can close the IM#2.

My Tug 3 is the same way, real easy. So I yanked the spring out and replaced

it with the spring from a cheapy sporting goods store gripper. It made this #3

1/2 again harder than the #7. Even though the cheapy spring is about .035

thinner diameter than the #7, the handle width is now 2.5 inches compared to

the Tug`s normal 1.5 handle width. The new width poses no problem, it fits the

hand the same, just that the 2 fingers are opened wider. The torque is very high.

It also feels good with the middle and ring finger!

I got the #5 I and I dont really like it at all.The handles are so thick and the spread so small you only work 2/3 of the open to parallel part of the close and the first 1/3 parallel to closed part.My ring/pinky fingers are weakest on the parallel to closed part of a normal gripper and it doesnt really work that out at all.I closed it w/ ring/pinky first time I tried and I was really not expecting to at all.I will use it mainly for overcrushes and pinch work because I could barely budge it all w/ a pointer thumb pinch.I like the middle ring close as well, I cant remember if I saw it in the magazine or on the back of the box or somewhere like that but they had a list of ways to use the tug and and they had the middle/ring way closing it crossed out for some reason.I wish I would have got the #7 just to have somthing fun to work up to,I wont be buying another one though,the hardest gripper I have legitimately closed is my supermaster.If you really really want to know what they are like then buy one, thats what I had to do.

Edited by Michael86

I received the IMTUG6 in the mail today and it's not easy, especially with my last two fingers and pinched too. When I use my first two fingers, I come very close to closing it, but nowhere near closing it with my last two and pinched. BTW, I can close the CoC #2 and get the #3 handles to be parallel.

Hmm, anyone working with the Tugs notice any great or even mild increase in gripper closing capabilities?

After using the Tugs I just like them better...The quailty and usfullness is there for actually more than you can do with the regular gripper. As far as materials the springs are the same, more machining IS required to make one due to the radius of the bottom cut AND if you bother to weigh this stubby guy you would find a similar volume of pricey aluminum used in the handle.A great product and value...but, what do I know....RS

Sure wish you hadnt said that :(

Man......

My names Rydini and Im a grip addict... where do I sign :cry

Hmm, anyone working with the Tugs notice any great or even mild increase in gripper closing capabilities?

Would like to know the same thing. Could someone try working out exclusively with a TUG and see how they are the next day, sore, etc...? I'd say tell us if it improved their overall grip but I think that'll take too long of a time.

[i'd say tell us if it improved their overall grip but I think that'll take too long of a time.

I think that is the magic ticket... improve overall grip by working overall grip. I honestly don't see how just working 2 fingers at a time, is better than just gripping hard with all 4. JMHO. ;)

[i'd say tell us if it improved their overall grip but I think that'll take too long of a time.

I think that is the magic ticket... improve overall grip by working overall grip. I honestly don't see how just working 2 fingers at a time, is better than just gripping hard with all 4. JMHO. ;)

well think about where you work and all your fingers are the employees . while you are doing your job and doing it hard. there are people going through the motions and getting the same pay as you . pretending to work :whistel your fingers are moving but usually the stronger ones the thumb middle and pointer are doing all the work the other two are faking it :D

It's just like say benching.... Sometimes the best thing to do isn't bench, but maybe dumbell bench or narrow grip bench. Different weaknesses can hold you back, and doing the same movement over and over just plays to your strengths.

Like anything else new, I'll use them seriously for a while, and if they don't work good the first time, maybe try a second and third time.

• 2 weeks later...

I played with a Tug at GG2 at Steve B's house and I really liked it. There are a lot of different ways to close them and they work great for working one finger at a time.

After paying for X-mas I plan on buying a few Tugs and I will post about the training gains made with them.

I got my tug #5 and I love it. For me its a much better feeling for 2 finger work. It is a perfect strength for my 2 small fingers. too easy for my ring and index fingers but like I said perfect for my 2 little fingers. Im going to order the #7 for my ring and index fingers. The reason I like it better is that it fits perfectly in my hand and gives me a full range of motion. with a normal gripper I have to fight somewhat to get it where I want it and its usually hit and miss. You can actually fit 3 fingers on the tug barely and progress that way. Hope this helps someone. . .

Austin

I have a 6 and 7, and I can almost close the 6 with pinky+ring fingers. I use the middle finger on the very edge to help cheat shut some reps.