Imtug......wow!

1stCoC

I just recieved the Irond mind TUG and let me tell you a world of new training possibilities for grippers AND related grip feats. Wow, what a bell ringer!I will set out training my tired old index and fore finger right now!RS

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gerryg

• 1stCoC

• Oldtime

• Blackheart

I just recieved the Irond mind TUG and let me tell you a world of new training possibilities for grippers AND related grip feats. Wow, what a bell ringer!I will set out training my tired old index and fore finger right now!RS

Are the Tug wire size the same as the grippers?

How hard is it to close the Tugs?

Is a 3-closer able to close the IM-Tug6, a 4-closer able to close the IM-Tug7 (with index and middle finger)?

I can't wait for my new little friends...

That endorsement sold me. I'll be ordering when I get hom later tonight.

I just find it ironic that Ironmind, the same company that has changed cert rules so the lists don't get too long, has created a product that they say will help people trying to close the next gripper.

Still wondering why something that has half the materials as a normal gripper has the same price tag.

Still wondering why something that has half the materials as a normal gripper has the same price tag.

To Make money.

These things are probally useless.

Edited by Oldtime

Hmmm, coming from a guy like mr. Sorin, these babies are worth a try! Like Flo, i am wondering what kind of strength a regular #3 closer would have to get for a TUG... What's in a name...

There a bit pricy to just go out and randomly buy a bunch.

Btw, otherwise you could just go out and cut your regular grippers in half :yikes and put some tape on them...

what are these IM tugs my friends? And another question 1stCOC is Richard Sorin himself???????????

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/...cts.asp?dept=46

These things are absolutley pointless.

1/3rd the material to make it, and same price.

There is absolutley nothing you can do with these that you couldnt do with a choker and a normal gripper.

Edited by Oldtime

I'd like to see the actual poundage rating on these. I think I'll stick to the regular grippers and close them 2 fingers inverted or 2 fingers right-side-up, if I want to only hit 2 fingers. JMHO. ;)

But closing for eample a trainer with the middle and index finger side to side is difficultbecause the range of motion is much bigger than normally closing a gripper.

As i said in my post I got mine today and I love it so far.

But closing for eample a trainer with the middle and index finger side to side is difficultbecause the range of motion is much bigger than normally closing a gripper.

Thats why i said

"there is nothing you can do with these grippers that you cant do with a regular one and a choker".

Ok yea, they might be cool, and "neat-o" but there is no use for them, just a money maker.

Edited by Oldtime

I agree $$$$$$$

I got a tug like thing from hardware store for .69 cents. It's a little pony clamp. I use the grippers I have, the scout, cub, trainer, and #1 for this use too. They do look cool.

"For example, use IMTUG1, IMTUG2, or IMTUG3 if you are training with a Guide, Sport, or Trainer Captains of Crush Gripper; go up to the IMTUG6 or IMTUG7 if you're working on closing a No. 3 or No. 4. Use the following chart to help you choose the right IMTUG based on your current level of training with our Captains of Crush Grippers. And remember, you can train one finger or two at a time."

I don't know if I could part with $20 bucks for one of these. I think I'll continue to use my pony clamps and/or lower grippers for this stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have some of them or play around with them.

The last thing I need is more grippers. Especially when I can make due with what I have. I think they'll need to haul my rear end away in a straight jacket if I was to order what appears to be 1/4 of a gripper and yet pay the same price too.

Wait...I hear the sirens!

:blink:D

I actually need to assess my grippers and unload some of them.

Heh, over a year ago I emailed Randy and told him about my cutting 1/2" off the ends of my #3 handles and making it tougher than a #4. Where's my check? :)

Bill ill take a #2 off you if you it. Or something close to a #3 or a #3...lol

• 2 weeks later...

After using the Tugs I just like them better...The quailty and usfullness is there for actually more than you can do with the regular gripper. As far as materials the springs are the same, more machining IS required to make one due to the radius of the bottom cut AND if you bother to weigh this stubby guy you would find a similar volume of pricey aluminum used in the handle.A great product and value...but, what do I know....RS

After using the Tugs I just like them better...The quailty and usfullness is there for actually more than you can do with the regular gripper. As far as materials the springs are the same, more machining IS required to make one due to the radius of the bottom cut AND if you bother to weigh this stubby guy you would find a similar volume of pricey aluminum used in the handle.A great product and value...but, what do I know....RS

You know just enough to at least convince me :D;)