What Do You Keep Apart In Training

Cunny

I like to do pinch and rolling thunder(and thickbar in general) in the same workout and maybe 2-3 days later depending how my hands feel stick grippers in there.

• 1 month later...

I am finding that double overhand bending and grippers don't mix well. A better alternative to grippers after DO bending is to use a TUG #5 or #6 for the index and middle fingers. Grippers after bending is like deadlift after squats.

• 3 weeks later...

Pinch and over crushes/strapholds not a good mix for me

I separate my gripwork into sledge levering, pinch/block weights and grippers on different days. Pony clamp thumb work and wrist curls with any of those as recovery allows.

I am finding that double overhand bending and grippers don't mix well. A better alternative to grippers after DO bending is to use a TUG #5 or #6 for the index and middle fingers. Grippers after bending is like deadlift after squats.

I've had the opposite experience. Are you attempting the grippers while you still have a forearm pump? This will always kill my grippers, regardless of the offending exercise.

I've had the opposite experience. Are you attempting the grippers while you still have a forearm pump? This will always kill my grippers, regardless of the offending exercise.

No, I wait long enough. It has to do with working the first two fingers very hard with DO bending, followed by an attempt to work the last two fingers hard with the close portion of grippers.

However, I'm starting to train grippers differently lately, putting more emphasis on index and middle finger strength, less on ring and pinky. This might make a difference ...

Ideally, I'd do the following: DO bending followed by TUG #6 and TUG #7 index/middle finger closes. In a separate training session: DU bending followed by gripper work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Work everything all the time. It all grows together in time. It takes time to get strong hands. Key word is time. Take your time doing everything and it will happen.

I totally agree Eric....After bending something tough...if I snatch a gripper up right away and close it I smooch it and It feels alot easier...dont know why guess its the pump and all the strain it just stays for a few mins after bending.