Champion Of Champion Results

David Horne

The world record was 163.8k held by Jim Wylie until I beat it and then of course Jim took it right back. You and Nick never broke the 163.8k figure, so no world record for you.

David

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• gazza

• David Horne

• Cunny

Mobster, You always have to try it on don't you ;)

It's what someone else told me so I thought, without checking, it was true.

Graeme

I use the same camera as you a minolta.

And the model?? (like getting blood out of a stone - he's one of the most generous guys you could meet but ask for the name etc of his camera?)

Hi Everyone!!!

I have been back in Sydney for just a day and I must say its nice to be warm!!

I havent opened the tapes of the competition as yet as I need to find more hard drive space to store all the footage! Hopefully Ican produce a DVD of good quality for everyone to see what an incredible weekend we all had. I am aiming at the end of July as I am busy, busy, busy....everyone involved will get a copy for free.

I cant really add much to what's already been said. The warmth and friendship shown by everyone was outstanding. You're all my friends and I urge us all to stay in touch and keep the friendships alive.

David and Elizabeth. Thank you both for not just the competition but for the weeks building up to the event. It was the best part of my week driving up to see you both, train with David and take the piss out of the boys! Oliver, Alex....let me know how the 'squat off' went...David, mate, I did my best and AGAIN you pulled it off...congratulations and my hat goes off to the greatest exponent of grip in the world bar none.

Big Steve...I am still in awe of your out of this world strength!!! We will be talking in the near future because I have to learn how to do some of that stuff...what a gentleman, a great Strongman performer and a an inspiration to everyone. I wish we had more time to talk but we will via the wonder of the net of course.

Steve G...brilliant peformance. Mega strong in the grip...bring up your pinch mate and get that left had half decent and we're all in trouble. And close that No.4 too!!!!

Franky!! As Big Steve said..that is one strong German!! Casually at night after the event, David and myself mentioned we'd never seen a Red Nail bent...Franky steps up and bends one right there and then...amazing!

Jim is just getting better and better! He's oozing with talent and he has the tools to win. Mate as always it was a pleasure to train with you and now to have competed with you.

Marc...damn! Marc...uumm...why not do some consistent training mate?!? Like Jim you've got the tools...use 'em buddy!!! Awesome to see you bend that nail with your daughter watching...brilliant stuff!

Richard...mate top performance and PB's all over the place. I reckon if you get your bodyweight up your lifts will go up too.

Andy...if this was a bodyweight based competition you would have done some serious damage! Great all round lifting, phenominal V-bar work and solid grit and determination in EVERY event. Wonderful to watch.

Dave...great to see you competing mate and as always strong all round. Your bending is outrageous and it was nice to see that tearing your hands apart doesnt stop you lifting BIG!!!

Elizabeth and Magnus...stirling job with the reffing and the MC-ing!

Mike and Oliver...great work loading and spotting us on the Lever event!

Alex...good job filming!

Gazza...cheers mate...great having you there and your enthusiasm is second to none!

If I missed anyone I apologize...it was a BUSY day for me!!

Oh yes...thanks to the sponsors too...thats a first for me to actually win something other than a trophy!!

I was aiming for a top 3 place in this competition so was ecstatic at my result. I PB's in 2 events and hit top lifts in the others. It was a great build up and great competition. In my opinion the greatest grip competition ever, simply because the lifting across the board was of such a high standard.

Thanks again to EVERYONE involved...

Nick

Nick,

Glad you're back safe and sound. You left at just the right time, it's gone very cold here this week. Brrrrrrr

You did incredibly well, and as I said before you were dogged to the end. It's only a matter of time till you beat me in a contest. Then I want to hear 'The King has lost his crown!' :laugh

I look forward to us doing battle again next year.

Soak that sun up my very good friend,

David

hi nick

glad to here u had a safe journey and again well done in da comp.

those press ups u done in daves garden on da sunday are getting closer and as i said i will do them wen i next see you lol

cheers for everything mate

from mike :bow