• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• gazza

• David Horne

• Cunny

Wow! Wow! Wow! Where do I start? Head is still foggy but I shall do my best.

1st and foremost I give God all the glory and praise for the traveling mercy He gave me, the strength about blessed with, most of all the friends I have.

Guys I am humbled at the kindness showen to me whilst I was there. :bow

Gazza, you blessed me friend with everything I needed for three days, the rooms, the foods, and watching over my every need. I pray that God blesses you richly Mate. My wife and I spoke well of you last night of how kind you are my friend.

And please tell Mike that the walks and times of chating will never be forgotten. Sorry about the very heavy bags Mate but blame that on David. LOL.

David and Elizabeth and ya'lls families. Thank you! Thank You! Thank you a 1000 times for the warm family home you guys asked me into. I was without want. Elizabeth you my friend are a great cook as well as the strongest woman I know. I saw you doing things that few men can do and the ez and grace they were done was truely world class. OUTSTANDING! :bow Please thank your family for letting me stay there. They blessed my heart with their kindness. My hat is off and I am bowed. Cheers!

Gentleman of the Board:

David Horne is the best competitive Strongman in the field of grip ever! A world class Gentleman! Always willing the lend a hand to help and goes out of his way the bless. Talked with me about what I should do during the comp. and to go slow then hit the mark. This was well learned after my bomb on pinch. The moneies spent to get over there could fit in a spoon compared to what to the knowledge and wisdom David shared with me in the field of training and competing in grip.

David has and will continue to be at the top if the grip sport world. Cheers to you mate!!!!

Nick, wow man you are very very very strong. At 225# and your all around grip strength, body lifts, presses, and etc... there is none stronger. You have shown me what I need to shoot for in over all body strength. Thank you my friend. It was an honor to see you work so gracefully. The 50kilo plus doughnut press one handed for 11 at your weight is off the chart Mate. And that was just one of many world class feats you did. Please continue to raise the bar. Cheers my friend!

The right handed Cockney wonder. The man who scared the crap out of me when you closed that 3.59 gripper. Just when I thougth I had 3rd locked you do this to my heart. Guys Steve Gardner has a crush that surpasses world class. If this was not enough he almost closes Jim's #4 from way pass even a set. Was one of the greatest feats I have seen in the way of crush. AFTER ALL HE DID! Sick my friend just sick!

Jim Wyle thank you my friend for all the tips and help with my weak points. The things you help me with pushed my on when I was down from my pinch lift. You lifted me up with your of me well being not just strength. I can not wait to train with you again over here. My jaw was on the flood and standing and yelling when you V barred. I is a thing that has me perplexed but when the greatest does it, it's a thing to just admire. Thank you for the drive to better myself and all the smiles.

Franky I hope is all well with the shoulder op. Your world class bending will be far more better when you are all healed up. Guys Franky is steels worst enemy. He makes all who is around him laugh in awe at the ease in which he melts the hardest of bars. He is a great coach to all that wish to learn. Get well soon Germanys best! :bow

Andy Christe, Dave Johnson, Marc Wylie, and Richard Scott, I was a great joy to watch you men at your best. Talking to you guys during the comp. and at the supper tables and the training times we had will never leave me. At your guys body weight and the kilos that are lifted. Still has my head doing all kinds of math. The training that you guys have done over the years and being around greatness all the time sure has rubbed off on you. Competing with you Mates was an honor and a joy. Thanks for all the smiles, handshakes and cheers. I am very blessed and humbled at all of your kindness that was shared. Thank you kindly for spending time with me. :bow:bow:bow

Steve,

We were just as honoured to have you stay. It was a fantastic week!

The competition was great, but as always the times after and before are special.

Can't wait for the next one.

Elizabeth says 'Thank you!'- she loves the praying man.

David

Steve,

A BIG thank you for the kind words, I can only say that it was an honour, not only to meet but also compete against yourself and some of the strongest guys in the world of grip.

The whole weekend starting from the competition through to the "playing" on Sunday will not be forgot.

Also Samantha (My daughter) said thank you for ripping the pack of cards/Bending the nails and that she took then into school and told everyone about you.

(She still thinks her Dad is the strongest :D )

Till next time

Marc

Steve,

it was an honour and a pleasure to meet you. :bow

Thank you for your encouragement during the competition and your kind words in your post.

hopefully we'll meet again some day,

More photos in my gallery enjoy :D

As i have said before it was the best 4 days of my life,Awesome strength/grip feats,great food,great hospitality,great chat :bow

Big Steve

Glad you made it home safe and sound buddy,as all the other people have said an honour to meet and have you over here,

Your bending feats are off the wall and the way you entertain people especially the youngsters is really something special to watch and be a part of :bow

The honour and pleasure was all mine matey :bow

You still owe me a pint of guiness :D

More photos in my gallery enjoy :D

As i have said before it was the best 4 days of my life,Awesome strength/grip feats,great food,great hospitality,great chat :bow

Gary - straight up - some of the very best grip strength photos I've ever seen. What camera do you have as I'm thinking of upgrading?

Steve

Doesn,t matter how good the camera is bro if ya aint got an eye for a good photo,the camera is only a tool :D Not bad cosidering i have only had the camera for 2 weeks and am still getting used to it.

How much do ya want to spend on a new one,i can help ya there if i know how much ya spending,jessops do some good trade in deals.

I got mine off ebay but i new what i wanted.

The photos on the board have had to be compressed so have lost quility,i can send you a cd will some photos on at better quility if you want to use them for anything.

Dont own a scanner donated mine to someone a long time back :D I use the camera software and paint shop pro.

Steve

I got mine off ebay but i new what i wanted.

The photos on the board have had to be compressed so have lost quility,i can send you a cd will some photos on at better quility if you want to use them for anything.

Dont own a scanner donated mine to someone a long time back :D I use the camera software and paint shop pro.

And I'm still using that scanner cheers :D I also brought my camera off of e-bay and am currently using a Fuji Finepix S5000. Please send me a CD - that would be great. Now tell me what you're using ya bugger - I was thinking of moving up to a Fuji Finepix S9000 / 9500 (UK/US versions) :cool

Bencrush

There will be a DVD comeing out as Nick Mckinless is putting one together.

Between Nick,Alex Horne and myself there was about 6hrs of video shot of the comp during and after and the next day round at David Hornes house,there are things going on the DVD not mentioned or shown on here yet(2 of these things will be worth the price allown and are a 1st on the gripboard or anywhere in grip(those that seen these please keep it 2 yourself for now :D ).

Plus there will be the world record pinch by David Horne and the V_bar would record by David Horne only to be broken by Big Jim minutes later,plus lots more.

I know that Nick will do a 1st class job just like he did in the competition.

Nick and I had the v-bar record for a few brief minutes (tied) then it was David followed by Jim's monster lift - as expected. I was hoping for a 180-kilo / 396-pounds lift. So Nick and my glory may have been fleeting but we did hold the record (as evidenced by Mikael's all-time list showing Nick and in 3rd place spot).

Working in the film industry as Nick does and with some of the suggestions that were mentioned I'm pretty sure a first class job is in the offing.