If You Could Only

bigDman

Okay say you could only have one piece of equipment to train your forearms besides the following grippers, extnsor bands, dexterity balls, and of course normal plates and normal dumbles and barbels

what would it be

Okay say you could only have one piece of equipment to train your forearms besides the following grippers, extnsor bands, dexterity balls, and of course normal plates and normal dumbles and barbels

what would it be

20 pound sledge.

After only using it for 1 workout, Formulator.

pardon me if this is a silly question but i've done some searching and am not finding this.

where do you get a formulator and what exactly is it???

pardon me if this is a silly question but i've done some searching and am not finding this.

where do you get a formulator and what exactly is it???

You can also buy The Formulator here...

www.theformulator.com

Edited by gerryg

thanks.

...seems likes a pretty simple device, except for the price tag :) .

thanks.

...seems likes a pretty simple device, except for the price tag :) .

i tried it once, and i was surprise on how bad ass the device, really is. i definitely prefer that device than wrist curls on any other device, on any given day. i want one for x-mas.

I like the IM heavy hammer with the 2" handle to blast forearms. I try using it with only 2 to 3 fingers, witch really strains your grip strength. I never played with a formulator but I have one on my x-mas list to. :rolleyes

now what would you say for an athlete training for lacrosse(mainly) and wrestling

Lacross & hockey ------> sledge hammer's. Everything else is a DISTANT second.

Just for the sake of discussion, what makes sledge hammer training so much more effective for the training for those particular sports over any other modality?

Just for the sake of discussion, what makes sledge hammer training so much more effective for the training for those particular sports over any other modality?

Because it "carry's over". :yikes

For golfers, they should be attaching 10lb weights to their clubs. Of course, they should REALLY yell FOUR when they are practicing to get a really strong swing. :kiss Make sure you have a good lawyer too in case of lawsuits after the weight flies off.

And those football players who really want to get ready for the big hits...make sure you practice driving your head full force into a brick wall. :whistel

Not being a hockey player I could see how the carryover from hammers would be great except for a wrist shot, in which case we are brought one again to...the formulator.

Edited by Number Ten Ox

For myself one piece of equipment? Hmmm, campus board or hang board? If I could get myself to really use it a hangboard is probably most beneficial. But a campus board is more enjoyable and would get used more. Hmm... Do boulders count as equipment? Ok then I pick the mushroom boulder in Hueco.

Mmmmm wheels of liiiife...

But seriously no one can really climb that thing. And even if you could why would you want to do a one billion move boulder problem? Get a rope.

Edited by Number Ten Ox

Dai Koyamada climbed it.

Of course I cannot, but how cool would it be to have something like that close to your house?

I do agree, climbing with rope is much more enjoyable.