Bbb Brief Results, More To Come

John Beatty

Guys-

A really good time with great people. I've been blessed to be a part of two sports now that the people are simply the best. This was a great group of guys, super exchange of info & helping each other. PR's falling like rain, feats of strength so mind blowing they beggar description.

How's 3 different #4 closes. An RB300, and two #3 closes. More guys close #3 & harder than guys that didn't.

Bending a battle to bend FBBC Bastard level stocks. Dave M & Steve M Banging their way through the 5/16 round down to & including Grand Bastard level.

Scale weight hold nearing 1 min. Not an easy feat to pick it up at all. Much less hold them.

Placings

Big Steve - 1st with 8 points

Dave M - 2nd - 21pts

Josh Dale - 3rd - 21.5

John Beatty - 4th - 30

bencrush - 5th - 40.5

Justin L - 6th - 44

Greg A.- 7th - 47.5

Jerry D - 8th - 51.5

Travis N - 9th - 61

neilkaz - 10th - 64

Scott S - 11th - 73

If I'm forgetting last names, It's due to exhaustion & coming off the adrenalin. I had a blast, hit big PR's (#3, certified Bastard), ate myself into a coma. Absolutely great to meet everyone. Will definitely be an annual meet.

John

Three DIFFERENT #4 closes?!!!!! :blink

Fantastic!

Points seem to indicate that Big Stever really dominated.

Look foreward to more details.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

Guys-

A really good time with great people. I've been blessed to be a part of two sports now that the people are simply the best. This was a great group of guys, super exchange of info & helping each other. PR's falling like rain, feats of strength so mind blowing they beggar description.

How's 3 different #4 closes. An RB300, and two #3 closes. More guys close #3 & harder than guys that didn't.

Bending a battle to bend FBBC Bastard level stocks. Dave M & Steve M Banging their way through the 5/16 round down to & including Grand Bastard level.

Scale weight hold nearing 1 min. Not an  easy feat to pick it up at all. Much less hold them.

Placings

Big Steve - 1st with 8 points

Dave M - 2nd  - 21pts

Josh Dale - 3rd - 21.5

John Beatty - 4th - 30

bencrush - 5th  - 40.5

Justin L - 6th - 44

Greg A.- 7th - 47.5

Jerry D - 8th - 51.5

Travis N - 9th  - 61

neilkaz - 10th - 64

Scott S - 11th - 73

If I'm forgetting last names, It's due to exhaustion & coming off the adrenalin. I had a blast, hit big PR's (#3, certified Bastard), ate myself into a coma. Absolutely great to meet everyone. Will definitely be an annual meet.

John

That's awesome, you guys!!! :bow Hey, Neil. I thought you weren't going to enter? I bet you're glad you did?! :laugh

Just got home. Man this was a great event. You couldn't ask for a better group of guys. They helped me to match my PR in grippers, break my PR in bending, and break my PR in plate hula. The support was incredible. Competitions are where it is at for getting to the next level.

I've got to say though, the thing that stood out the most to me is how great John is to his kids. His little girl would come out to check on us ocassionally, and he always made time to make her feel special. This was on top of running the contest and placing 4th. It really made an impression on me as to what a good guy he is.

Sounds like John's place was THE place to be yesterday! Great job, guys!

Congrats to all, and to John of course for running it.

Look forward to the results.

I'll put the top 3 up in the Top 3 contest section.

David

Well I would like to brag and say I was one of the #3 closers. That was my only goal going in and I finally got it... I am very happy. Josh Dale is a beast. He closed a #4 and was awesome in every event. He closed a #4 along with Dave and Steve. Dave came within a playing card of closing the harder #4 but didn't have the gas to finish it. Steve M closed the #4 and was so happy he was running around with it held shut so everyone could see it closed after the judge called it good.

BenCrush is aptly named, he was closing everything in the place before during and after that contest. He closes stuff with very little set or none at all. He is amazing. A bunch of people got PRs on everything. Travis M was just going nuts on the steel.

That Scale weight hold is brutal. Real cool to do but holy cow was it tough. I got to meet a bunch of guys and everyone was great. Thanks to John and his friends who put on a great contest and were really nice people.

BTW the blob medley was the most awesome event there.

Steve M did not lose a single event. He pulled his A game from down deep and put a clinic on.

Congrats to all!

Josh and Steve, you guys need to start going up the MMG ladder!

WOW - sounds like an awesome day for everyone. Congrats to everyone!!!!!!!!!

:mosher Way to go guys sounds like some good stuff wish I could of made it.Hope someone got some pics can't wait to see.

Congrats to all.

Sounds like an awesome event.

Can't waít to see the full results. :D

Any video footage availabe?

Congrats to all, especially Steve for such a dominating performance! :rock

Awesome performances everyone. Does not surprise me to hear of these extraordinary feats coming from these extraordinary guys. great job.

-Jedd-

:help John..thanx once again for putting on such a great contest and congrats on your PR's.

Big Steve is simply awesome, and for you all who haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting him, he also is an extremely nice and helpful guy. :bow:bow

Steve won every event except grippers where he tied for first/second/third with Dave and jad, all three closing and "easy 4". (Are there really any easy 4's ? :erm )

Josh Dale (jad) simply can do amazing things for having only 7 5/8" hands and I was impressed by how focussed he was. :mosher

As for Dave Morton, we all know what awesome things Dave can do..he was amazing to say the least :rock

Bencrush is aptly named since this guy can close just about any gripper and close them endlessly without tiring. :D , superb crush, Ben has !!

I had a blast and am really happy I competed. I really need to learn how to set a gripper to close more than a #2, and I'm too clumsy for something like plate hula (but believe me I will practice for next year if it is included) I did like the scale weight hold with it being the only event I placed well in. (Hint..I think thumb strength means a lot for it, and my right thumb isn't so bad) ...and gawd..my bending sux :help

Congrats to all looking forward to seeing you there next year !! .. neilkaz ..

Edited by neilkaz

:yikes The back yard bastard bash was awsome! I had trouble washing my self this morning I am sore all over but it was worth it.The guys that were there were all top notch guys everyone helped everyone and it showed I think everyone hit new pr's and I blew through all of mine due to the helped that I recived form everyone threre. Thank you to all that was there it was an awsome site to see and to be apart of.If you thought about coming and did not you missed out on some totaly awsome feats of strength.

Jerry Donaldson (aka Johns welder)

:yikes  The back yard bastard bash was awsome! I had trouble washing my self this morning I am sore all over but it was worth it.The guys that were there were all top notch guys everyone helped everyone and it showed I think everyone hit new pr's and I blew through all of mine due to the helped that I recived form everyone threre. Thank you to all that was there it was an awsome site to see and to be apart of.If you thought about coming and did not you missed out on some totaly awsome feats of strength.

Jerry Donaldson (aka Johns welder)

Jerry ..nice meeting you and congrats on a great showing in the contest. ! The stuff you weld up for FBBC is certainly first class.

.. neilkaz .. heading upstairs to take the second of what will be several Aleve's today.

Steve won every event except grippers where he tied for first/second/third with Dave and jad, all three closing and "easy 4". (Are there really any easy 4's ?  :erm  )

WOW.Way to go Big Steve.

Winning EVERY EVENT....crazy.

Definitely backs "it"up with this win.

I've got to say though, the thing that stood out the most to me is how great John is to his kids.  His little girl would come out to check on us ocassionally, and he always made time to make her feel special.  This was on top of running the contest and placing 4th.  It really made an impression on me as to what a good guy he is.

I agree with you 100%. One of my favorite parts of the contest was afterwards when John's little girl strolled over and pinched two fives. John, his two monsterous training partners, and Big Steve all went nuts. It was great. That's what's its all about IMO.

It was a brutal contest.

Ben took tons of pics and Josh filmed a lot of the BBB on camcorder.

Great Times.

It was a brutal contest.

Great Times.

Travis..I like everyone else, was extremely impressed with your bending.

Travis almost took out a Grade 8, needing just a bit more kink to be able to crush it down.

A pleasure meeting you .. neilkaz ..

It was a brutal contest.

Great Times.

Travis..I like everyone else, was extremely impressed with your bending.

Travis almost took out a Grade 8, needing just a bit more kink to be able to crush it down.

A pleasure meeting you .. neilkaz ..

Thank you for the kind words my friend.

I was very impressed with your 25 second hold of the two 50 pound weights.

Outstanding.