Definitely Out Of The Champions Contest!

David Horne

Either way (one or two handed) the contest will be a great one! I hope everything turns out good for you David!

Geo,

Make sure you introduce yourself, and any other gripboard guys who are coming to watch.

Shane,

Cheers. Yes I hope it does, as there is a lot of exciting things in the pipeline for next year.

David

David, sorry to hear the injury will keep you out of the comp. You've earned some time off to let it heal properly.

BTW, you mentioned it was nagging you for a while. Can you trace it to an incident where the initial damage occurred (Armwrestling, or whatever) or do you think it's just cumulative wear and tear? Hindsight is always 20-20, but your experiences may help some folks who are in a similar situation decide to back off or get checked out.

Very sorry to his this David.. Hope you get well soon. I also had a shoulder injury, and i am finally getting a bit better after 8 months! My collarbone had popped out of the socket in went back in wich made my rotator cuff function improperly..

Get well soon, and the wise thing to do is just rest.

Myself Dave and our friend Richard trained tonight and had a good time. Hopefully it helped cheer Dave up a little. I know how frustrating it is to loose the use of one arm for a while. It seemed a little strange to see Dave's wearing my old sling too!

I still can't work out how you did it though Dave - looking back it's still a bit fuzzy..? Especially as none of the grip events were particularly hard on the shoulder.

Theo,

Cheers!

Pat and Jim,

I think there may have been some early stuff happening when I was armwrestling. But that came and went without much problem. Recently though I first noticed it doing the lever to head, and on the day I really did damage it I had a nasty hot piercing pain in the shoulder. Of course I should have left it, but didn't. I finished off with l-flys to warm it up/make it feel beteer, and then tear!!

So all the signs were there, I just wasn't paying attention to them, just blanking them out with painkillers.

So guys, please heed the signs if you wanna be able to drive a car and put your clothes on by yourself! :(

David

David,

You did exactly what I would have done had I felt soreness of that nature. It is a shame that it did not help you in this case. Best of luck in your full recovery, for sure.

-Jedd-

:D man that sucks,was looking forward to seeing the legend in action i have heard and read so much!rest easy and see you on the day! :bow