Age 47

3rd in British Grip Champs 2005

Steve Gardener (England)

From London.

Bw 263lb (18st 11lb)

Height 6'3”

Age 41

British Grip Champs 2nd in 2003, 2005 3rd in 2001, 2004

Has competed twice in the European Grip Champs gaining 4th spot and once in the 2004 Global Grip contest once again gaining 4th place.

World Record holder on the Weaver Stick Lift.

Co-inventor of the Millennium Dumbell and one of only 3 men to have lifted it.

Frank Henritzi (Germany)

From Butzbach, Germany

Bw 91kg (14st 4lb)

Height 1,86m

Age 37

Swiss Grip Champs 2nd twice in #3 and #4.

German Grip Champs 2nd in 2004

Münsterland Grip Challenge 2nd in 2005.

Competed in this years European Grip Champs attaining 5th position.

Only German to lift the infamous 50lb blob. Loves bending steel, and has bent the red bar from IronMind.

David Horne (GB)

From Stafford, born in Johnstone, Scotland.

Bw 231lb (16st 7lb)

Height 6’ 2”

Age 43

European Grip Champs winner in 2004.

British Grip Champs winner in 1994, 95, 96, 97, 98, 01, 02, 03, 04. 2nd in 93 and 3rd in 92.

British Nail Bending Champion in 2002.

British Armwrestling Champion in 2001.

World record holder in the Two Hands Pinch Lift with 105k, One Hand Lift with 300k in each hand and Table Top Wrist Curl with 302.5k.

Has lifted many of the famous stones including Dinnie Stones, Blue Stones of Old Dailly, Blue Stone of Old Hartley, and the Inver Stone.

Dave Johnson (England)

From Stafford.

Bw 12st 8lb

Height 5’ 7”

Age 31

Bent a 280k Challenge bar, and two 6” nails taped together. 3rd in British Novice Champs 2003.

Amaury Macaire (France)

From Paris, France

Bw 154lb (11 stone)

Height 6’

Age 29

Swiss Grip Champs 2nd in 2004, and 3rd in 2005.

French Grip Champs 3rd in 2003.

Steve McGranahan (USA)

From New Castle, PA, U.S.A.

Bw 330lb (23st 8lb)

Height 6’

Age 41

Battle for Grip Supremacy, U.S.A. winner in 2003, beating the likes of Rob Vigeant, Dave Morton, Tommy Heslop, and Jedd Johnson.

Professional strongman who appeared on the Jay Leno show on TV ripping packs of cards with one hand whilst holding the pack in his teeth! He’s also the only man to have snapped the ‘red’ bar from IronMind, and has also closed the #4 gripper.

Nick McKinless (England)

From Cheltenham

Bw 220lb (15st 10lb)

Height 6’

Age 35

Australian Grip Champs winner in 2002 and 2003.

British Grip Champs runner up in 1997 and 1998.

British Strength Set Champ in 1996 (Powerlifting rules).

Has lifted many of the famous stones including Dinnie Stones, Blue Stones of Old Dailly, and the Inver Stone. One Hand Deadlift with 221kg on an Olympic bar.

Richard Scott (England)

From Stafford

Bw 78k (12st 4lb)

Height 5’ 9”

Age 22

British Nail Bending Champs 3rd in 2002.

Captain of Crush.

Jim Wylie (England)

From Stafford, born Kingswinsford.

Bw 220lb (15st 10lb)

Height 6’ 4”

Age 29

British Grip Champs winner 2005, runner up in 2002 and 2004.

World record holder in the One Hand Vertical Bar lift with 163.8k, and also with a hook grip of 243k.

Marc Wylie (England)

From Stafford, born Kingswinsford.

Bw 240lb (17st 2lb)

Height 6’ 4”

Age 36

Captain of Crush. One Hand Deadlift of 90k on a 2” barbell. One Hand V-bar of 151.6k.

Champion of Champions Grip Contest 2005

Invitation only for top 3 positions in recognised grip contests.

Date

Sat. November 12th, 2005

Start

10am

Spectators entrance fee

£2

Events

1. Two Hands Pinch Lift

2. One Hand Vertical bar Lift

3. One Hand Thumbless Grip Deadlift using an Olympic Bar.

4. One Arm Hammer Lever to Head

5. Weighted Gripper Holds

Venue

Great Haywood Memorial Hall,

Great Haywood,

Nr Stafford,

Staffs

England

Sponsors

Stan Pike http://www.hand-grippers.com/

Fat Bastard Barbell Company http://www.fatbastardbarbellco.com/

Dave Lowe T-shirts

John Wood http://www.functionalhandstrength.com/

Gary Hunt

Whey Consortium http://www.wheyconsortium.co.uk/

Nick McKinless

Robert Baraban http://www.handgripper.net/neu/www/index.php

Diesel Power http://www.dieselcrew.com/

London Kettlebells http://www.lkbshop.com/

David Horne & Elizabeth Talbot

1 stone = 14 pounds = 6,35kg

Yeah, 23 stones are many ... :D

Nice Daivd. By the way what's a stone weight. Cuzz I have a bunch of them. :blush

• 4 weeks later...

Gonna bump this one up as I wanna see as many British GB members make their way to Stafford on the 12th to see some serious grip power and feats of strength. At just £2.00 for guests on the door it's gonna be a day of inspiration. I think Big S will have some of his DVD's with him and for sale (be a bargain) and there's talking of a video after the event so you could get yer ugly mugs on that.

The more of you come and cheer on the athletes the more we lift and the better we do. It'll be your chance to meet and greet some of the big names from the world of grip and hopefully be inspired to go away and become Captains of Crush thus making the GB THE place where grip nuts become strong.

So make a date - check the info - and we'll see you there.

Here's the post code for map finders / route planning

ST18 0SU

Here's the hall so you know what to look for.

0293ib.jpg

no image buddy :(

:D will be there for sure,got me map sorted door to door 75 miles,on a good day travelling at warp factor 3 take me about 50 mins,but taking it easy about hour half! looking forward to meeting you all,i might have the opportunity to meet big Steve a few days before the event i beleive he is flying in early next week and hookin up with my mate Gazza!see you all on the day its going to be mad! :yikes

Ooops.. Ofcourse i know what it means :devil:)

Edited by DuTCH

:tongue I wouldn't mind but it's not like he's actually gonna be there anyway... tsk. Can't get the staff, mutter, mutter...

Well just when you think all is well. The bottom falls out. Threw a disk out in my back last Friday. Yeah me. Spasming like crazy. Could hardly breath walking dog this morning. Had to hold my breath with each step. Those who pray, pray please! Thanks!

Best of luck. Only the week before last I had to take 4 days out with mine and we all know about David and Jim.

To be the best and push ourselves means going closer and closer to injury. David has been getting daily massage and I had a very good session just the day before yesterday. You wont lose much strength in the time left and may still be able to make a good showing. Besides the guys would love to see you. So rest, get massaged and manipulated and get well.

Steve,

So sorry to hear the news. I know how you feel. Just get to the docs and see what the problem is, and ask if it's ok to carry on. If so, get some treatment as soon as you can.

Best of luck,

David

Yes 3 massages a day (so painfull), along with all the other stuff comes to over 3 hours a day. Lucky I work from home, as that's the only way I could do it.

But it does work.

David

If it's a disc bulge (as mine is/was/still is) then 200-400mg of an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen 2-4 times a day will help (higher amounts at your bodyweight). I took 2 x 400mg a day. One a.m. and 1 post training - both with food. You'll need a couple of days rest before you can be manipulated and heat pads help as well.

I know how you feel Steve, try taking 2 Aleeve only when its real bad and ibuprofen the rest of the time. My disks been killing me since last febuary but the whole month of october I did hyperextensions and took care of it and its feeling alot better.

It was a good one guys. I was doing 1035# rack pull, at the top of the movemant I felt it slide out. It will be fine. Went straight to my Dr. about 20mins after in happened. Had to unload 22 plates 1st, holding my breath the hold time. Done this thing about 5 times in my life. It's something you never forget. Getting through two shows Sunday should be fun. But such is the life of a strongman.

Being doing a few things for rehab already. Just have to wait for it to kick in. I think thats why I was so bad this morning. Ice is my friend. Not worried God is in control. Look at the bright side, hands are resting a lot.