Painkillers, Massages And Painkillers!

David Horne

Thanks guys for the info.

Mikael,

I had dropped all upper body stuff for the last 4 weeks since the start of the problem. Now of course I have to drop everything as I can't even put my t-shirt on by myself! In fact I can barely move my arm around. I haven't slept well today because of the pain, and will now dose myself up again for the holiday travelling to come.

I'll visit the docs again when I get back.

David

He hasn't said he wont...

Ah but that leaves you with a chance now Steve.

Doesn't it just. I always had a chance, as do all competitors, it just lowers the odds. The reality of David's injury is that it can happen to any of us and at any time. I'm still working with my slipped disc - the one I had in May. I doubt there's a single high level grip athlete without at least some kinda twinge. Let us keep our fingers crossed that no one else drops out and that David's injury is healable.

:D some Spanish R & R :cool,and cold beer might help numb the pain,hope you are feeling better and back on track real soon!

Dang David, sorry to hear about that.....rest up and try to enjoy your holiday.

Rotators are a bitch!

Doesn't it just. I always had a chance, as do all competitors, it just lowers the odds. The reality of David's injury is that it can happen to any of us and at any time. I'm still working with my slipped disc - the one I had in May. I doubt there's a single high level grip athlete without at least some kinda twinge. Let us keep our fingers crossed that no one else drops out and that David's injury is healable.

Steve I was just hoping your ego would answer me. :D

Good luck on the day.

Steve I was just hoping your ego would answer me. :D

Good luck on the day.

I know ha ha :kiss

Ok just reading this. Not a good thing. Injuries! Man, I hate them. David please get well soon my friend. I am sick reading the posts. That will be a long trip not to go heads ups with the Legend David Horne. When I 1st started this thing called grip I use to look at the England galleries pics and say to myself wow them guys are strong and would it be an honor to pull weight with them fine Gents. I see now it ain't about weight or competion. But meeting some great Men with great hearts and who love the sport we call grip.

I would say rehab, acupuncture, chiropractic and some Meds like Soma which is a muscle relaxer and Perecets for pain.

Ok just reading this. Not a good thing. Injuries! Man, I hate them. David please get well soon my friend. I am sick reading the posts. That will be a long trip not to go heads ups with the Legend David Horne. When I 1st started this thing called grip I use to look at the England galleries pics and say to myself wow them guys are strong and would it be an honor to pull weight with them fine Gents. I see now it ain't about weight or competion. But meeting some great Men with great hearts and who love the sport we call grip.

We rag on each other in the run up to the events, it's a personal battle on the platform but once off all men are equal and it is as you say - we all love grip.

Hi all I´m in Menorca, off the Spanish coast.. It´s a lovely hotel and it´s lovely and warm. Been down to the sea, beatifull water. Noticed they had this computer here so I thought I´d say hi, is´nt technology wonderfull!!!!!

Anywa, getting heat on my shoulder, painkillers and rest. It´s not any better, but let´s hope for a bit of improvement.

Pat,

Yes, rotators are something....

eeeeeeee

Steve,

We´ll still have a great time wether I lift or not, believe me.

Pat,

As we will in 2008 when you and Steve Weiner come over.

All for now, off to get more sun :)

David

Enjoy the holiday David, hope your shoulder will be better soon!

I hope your shoulder is getting better soon, David! Best recovery wishes from Germany!

Flo

Thanks guys.

The weather is lovely and warm. I have a nice tan. The swimming pool water is freezing, dunno why, just is. Coldest water I´ve ever been in. Anyway, I have been going into this and just stand there in the water, and have now been able to raise my arm about a third of the way up. This is good, but it still is very painfull. I then come out into the sun and get all that heat on it whilst getting a massage. I think this is helping greatly. But I still fear there is a major tear or detchment in their as the pains are very jabbing.

We will find out when I come home and visit the docs. My best hope is a partial tear, which at least won´t need surgery.

Right off for food.

David

Glad you had a good holiday and that things seem to be improving.

I've just got back from spain myself and the swimming pool was bloody freezing there too! They also had a number of hot tubs around the indoor pool and one small ice cold tub. The longest I saw anyone, who dared enter, suffer the cold tub was 10 seconds. In a competition with a friend I managed a full ten minutes! Reminded me of some of the ridiculous competitions we've had down at your gym in the past...!

Jim,

Sounds a fun comp! :)

Our hotel ran 3 competitions a day, from shooting to ping pong. I managed to win 3 events even with one arm and then get presented with bubbly and medals at night. Great fun.

One game I liked was Sjoelbak, which is a shuffleboard game from Holland. May get a board.

See you on Tuesday. I'll do some right hand grippers and Triple Hub.

David