My Training Log

Justin Reagan

Did some light bending today. My wrists didn't feel like they were up to a full bending/tearing workout, but I figured they could take a few light bends. Does this sound like a good idea?

easy TT x7

med TT x3

6" G2 x1 --this one felt too hard--quit there

I then did some thumb work--a set of 100 squeezes each hand with my little clamp.

Then some hand extensions--3 total sets of 50 with a rubber band (it broke before I did the second set with my right hand), 1 set of 50 with light resistance from my other hand (to make up for the broken band), and 1 set of 50 each hand with tougher resistance from the other hand.

Within 1 or 2 more days or so I'll probably be ready for some tough bending.

I've also been trying out some of the strange hand recovery methods mentioned on these boards. Contrast baths and wearing gloves to bed. These things actually feel like they will work. Go figure.  :D

Justin Reagan

good luck on bending

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justin Reagan

• Scott Styles

• bencrush

• dadams

In case anybody's wondering why I'm training a little less often, I've been trying to schedule my workouts around my newly given work hours. It's still not as many hours as most of you work, but I've gone from being a part time worker with 10 or 15 hours a week to being a part time worker with 30-35 hours a week. My managers finally realized that I'm not in school anymore as of last May. 35 hours isn't much to most of you, but it definitely is a change.

Justin Reagan

Also remember, my job is a retail job. I can work until 10:30 or 11 at night, and work at 7:00 a.m. the next morning. Nothing is set. That kind of stuff messes with my recovery a little bit.

Justin Reagan

Bending (again, in no particular order)

bright 60d x3 (kinked another couple, then remembered GatorGrip telling me to alternate intensity workouts with VOLUME workouts!)

easy TT x14

6" G2 x3

med TT x5

6" x 3/16" square zinc-plated x1

tried a sub-5" piece of this for the fun of it, then I remembered, DU doesn't take me very far with anything below 5". Still kinked it good, though.

I then bent my 12" spike a tiny bit more. I think I reached the hardest part of the bend. I'll get it eventually.

Card tearing

Gold Crown cards (used 1 deck and a few leftovers from another)

x25 (quartered)

x30 (not quartered--I just ended up shredding most of them when I tried)

x8 (into "eighths" -- all my tears are really odd shaped, so this sure was different)

"Horseshoe isometrics" x 3 really hard attempts

Sledgehammer levering

8 lb. (each hand)

Overhead x3 singles right, 2 singles left

Rear x 2 sets of 8

Twist x 1 set of 10 each way, 1 set of 20 each way

Gripper crushdowns #3 x 3 sets of 2

I'd like to bend at least one or two 60d's every workout. Eventually I'm going to do volume workouts with them. Eventually....

Justin Reagan

Edited by Justin Reagan

Bending looks like it is going well. Keep at it and I bet you get the 60d's for volume in a few months.

I think working working retail "part time" for 35 hours a week is harder than a full time 9-5, M-F office job. Irregular hours are tough. Are you looking for a full time position now?

Yeah, I've been looking for a full-time position. I have my B.S. in computer science, and I really don't want to work at Lowe's for the rest of my life. I've been searching and searching. I really don't want to go out of state, but I might have to.

Justin Reagan

Pretty good one today. I whacked my left knee against something at work a day or two ago, so it wasn't feeling really good. I did squats anyway. They didn't go as well as I had hoped, but I still felt pretty good about them.

Also, I decided to split my big movements (squats, presses, swings, rows, neck lifts) into two different workouts. I was pushing an hour per workout, sometimes more. I don't want to go much past 50 minutes. That's a lot of stuff to cram into one workout, especially when your favorite thing to do is grip and wrist work!

Squat

135x1, 185x1, 225x1, 250x1, 305x0 (not today, I guess), 295x1

Military press

45x5, 95x5, 105x5, 135x5

One arm DL w/ring handle

90x1, 135x1, 180x1, 225x1, 270x1x3 each hand

Block weights

Tosses

27.5x6, 4

I then decided to take the 27.5 for a walk. I recorded the number of drops with each hand as I walked with it out around a certain tree and back to the starting point twice. The tree is about 42 feet away. So basically, including going around it, the whole trip is probably about 175 feet. My goal with this, of course, is no drops.

Left: 9 drops

Right: 4 drops

DB curl

26 x10x2 each hand (don't worry, I'll eventually increase this again...)

Justin

Wrists were feeling pretty great today, so I did some bending.

**DU

easy TT x10

med TT x4

6" G2 x1

bright 60d x6

I kinked 2 or 3 60d's before I figured out that I was doing something wrong. In my rush to get into position to bend the 60d's, I wasn't positioning the nail high enough. When attempting them, the nails were being positioned where they were poking directly into the middle of my thumb pad, and when I started to bend, the nail would slip in my hand. When I figured this out, they started going down. I have to put the nail on top of the thumb pad.

Many of the easy TT's were done in between 60d's, so I could get in the "groove" better.

Now for a little practice on the other styles--

**DO at ab level

bright 30d x7, easy TT x1

**For some reason, I wanted to try the real "slim style"-- hands out in front of the body, bending the nail down. I wanted to see how hard it really is

5.5" x 3/16" CRS x2

easy TT x5

I even crushed them down with my hands out in front.

It's not so bad like everybody says. :shifty Seriously.

**REV style

(right hand in front) easy TT x2, med TT x1

(left hand in front) easy TT x2, 6" G2 x1

Justin

Looking good, Justin.

I'll have to tryout your routine when I get to bend again.

Hopefully my hand will heal up so I can start bending again.

Luckily my shoulder problems have passed, for the most part.

Later, Jason

Today's workout was good. I was a little achey from all the slow, heavy lifting several days ago, so I thought I would concentrate on something fast and (relatively) light. The swing. The swing just makes me feel better after all those heavy squat singles I did in my last workout.

One arm DB swing

55x1, 75x1, 95x1, 105x1x3 each hand

Neck lift

135x1, 180x1, 225x1, 250xalmost -- I got it up, but I had to put it down before I wanted to. For some reason I was wearing different shoes. They made me a little wobbly on this.

Block weights

Tosses

27.5x12, 8, 8, 10 total tosses

Tried to give it a flip and catch it. I almost caught it once.

RT DL

90x1, 100x1, 110x1, 125x1, 130x1 each hand

Did 130 once more with my right hand, barely broke it off the ground with my left.

For some reason, I didn't believe 132.5 would get much air time today.

KBs

Swings, switching hands at top

24kgx20x2

Bottoms-up clean

16kgx5x2 each hand

Before I started bending, my wrists weren't strong enough for these. Now they're not much of a problem. Next time I might add a press--just for the fun of it.

That's it. Fun stuff.

I've also noticed that my wrists feel almost good enough to bend again. I might see what I can do about that tomorrow.

Justin Reagan

Two workouts to report (forgot to post one of them...)

Three or four days ago:

Tugged on #1 horseshoe

Tugged on my 12" galvanized spike (I think I've found what is called the "sticking point")

Kinked another 12" spike--this one is not galvanized

Card Tearing

Gold Crown cards:

x22 (quartered)

x32 (almost quartered--but I shredded 2 or 3 cards on the second half before I tore through it)

Sledgehammer levering

8 lb

Back: 2 sets of 8

Twist: 1 set of 10, 1 set of 20

Front: 2 sets of 8

Today:

I knew today wasn't a 60d bending day (just by the way the TT's and G2's felt), so I did some volume bending work, with just DU. My hands probably wouldn't have taken kindly to any more bending, no matter what style. I tried to work on being explosive, although the last few G2's weren't very fast.

TT(easy) x12

TT(med) x1 (this was the last one I'm able to get of these, so from now on the easy TT's will be known as simply "TT's")

6" x 1/4" G2 x14

Justin Reagan

I also had an unofficial "workout" the other day--actually the same day as my last bending workout--that consisted of the lifting of lots of heavy chunks of wood. I loaded lots of big stumps onto a log splitter for my gramps. That kind of stuff can make you sore if you're not used to it.

Justin Reagan

Today's workout was pretty good.

Squat 45x3, 135x1, 185x1, 225x1, 250x1, 300x1

--I actually missed the first attempt at 300. Then after I stripped the bar and reloaded it, I just reminded myself that I need to KEEP PUSHING when I get to the sticking point. All too often I don't think about that. My mind just sees it as impossible to finish, and then WHAM!--it's on the safety bars. I wasn't going to let that happen with the second attempt. It was a little tough, but I got it.

Military Press

45x5, 95x5, 105x5, 135x5, 135x2, 1, 1, 1

I wanted a second set of five with 135. Not today. I still did five total reps, though. Just not in the same set

One arm Deadlift (ring handle)

90x1, 135x1, 180x1, 225x1, 275x1x 3 right, 2 left

The second and third attempts at 275 were HARD.

Blocks

Deadlift:

27.5 x 2 singles each hand

27.5 (+10) x 10 singles right, 6 singles left

27.5 x 4 singles left (to make up for difference in number of singles)

DB Curl

26x10x2 each hand

Block hold until drop

Right: 29 sec, 20 sec

Left: 10 sec, 7 sec

My right hand is much better at block work. I've finally figured this out for sure.

Justin

Two more to report:

DB swing

55x1, 75x1, 95x1, 111x1, 105x1 each hand

Neck lift

135x1, 180x1, 225x1, 250x1

RT DL

90x1, 95x1, 100x1, 120x1, 135x1 each hand

Block:

DL (by the face/on its side/whatever)

27.5x1x5 right, 3 breaks left

KB swing (switching hands)

24kgx22, 22, 12

DB curl

26x10x2 each hand

Today:

My hands and wrists felt like they could do some major bending today. Of course I was wrong.

Bending:

DU:

TTx3

6" G2 x3

60d x1

The 60d took about 3 or 4 tries to get it. I have 4 more kinked ones now, also. That stinks.

Reverse:

(right in front) TT x2, 6" G2 x2

(left in front) TT x2, couldn't get any more

"Slim style"

5.5" x3/16" CRS x1, TT x5

This is the only style where I felt halfway decent doing it this time

DO (at ab level)

30d x3 , couldn't get any more

It's been a week since I last bent much of anything. I figured that would be enough rest. Maybe it's all the other grip work I've been doing???

Justin Reagan

Today I was feeling exhausted and achey all over. I was going to do my regular squat/etc. workout, but I don't think it would have done me any good. My hands and wrists were the only parts of me that felt like they could do something. I did a little bending. Some DU volume bending, and nothing else. Also, I'm going to try to lay off the 60d's for a couple workouts. I think I'm wearing myself out trying to bend 60d's in every bending workout. I just used my really hard HRS and CRS instead. This is the stuff that, not too long ago, stopped me at a 7.5" or 8" piece.

TTx9

6" G2 x7

1/4" HRS:

7" x2

6.75" x3

6.5" x1

6.25" x1

1/4" CRS:

6.75" x3

Justin Reagan

Yesterday (actually the day before yesterday, since it's past midnight here)

Squat

45x3, 135x1, 185x1, 225x1, 275x1, 305x1, 275x1

One arm DL, ring handle

135x1, 180x1, 225x1, 285x1x2 each hand

I'm gonna hit 300 pretty soon!

Block weights:

Approximately 175 ft. walk w/ 27.5 block

Right: 1 drop

Left: 6 drops

DL by face:

27.5x1x7 right, 2 left

--I'm thinking about buying a 70 lb hex DB and cutting it up pretty soon.

DB curl

26x10x2 each hand

Justin

Three to report this time. It's been hard keeping up with everything. Can't say for sure what days these were on, except the last one, which I finished about 30 minutes ago.

****First:

First, I decided to try some behind the neck bending with short bars. I just recently got one of the "strongman reports" from Dennis Rogers, and this is what he talked about. All I had was 5/16" HRS.

20"x5/16" HRS x1 , 16"x5/16" HRS x1 (very easy, but at least I got the feel of it)

Tugged on already kinked 12" spike. I don't think it moved.

Card tearing:

(Gold Crown cards)

x20 (quartered)

x34 (almost quartered--just one half)

x34 (quartered)

x20 (quartered)

Tugged on perfectly straight horseshoe. No movement.

Sledgehammer levering:

****Second:

DB swing

55x1, 75x1, 95x1, 111x1x2 each hand

Neck lift

90x1, 135x1, 180x1, 225x1, 250xnot quite (swinging too much)

Rolling Thunder DL

90x1, 100x1, 120x1, 135x1 each hand

135x1 right hand

VB lift (with my 2" Ironmind loading pin)

90x1, 115x1, 140x1, 165x1

These are pretty fun.

Block:

DL:

27.5x1 each hand

27.5 (+10) x1x10 each hand

These are feeling pretty good.

Hammer curl--I found that these work the sore muscles in my arm better than regular curls

26x10x2 each hand

I was going to do the KB stuff, but we just bought my dad a new heavy bag/speed bag setup. It sounds like a better thing to do for cardio work as it gets colder. Cold metal (its outside) + bare hands + high reps=bad, bad combination. At least for me it is. Block work I can handle, even in the cold. Just no KB swings or snatches.

****Third:

My hands and wrists felt great. If I'm only going to be able to bend once a week (because of slow hand/wrist recovery), I had better make it a good one.

Bending:

(DU)

TTx6, 6" G2 x5

60d x6

med 60d x1

hard 60dxalmost--I got a pretty good bend going--I just couldn't finish it

IM blue x1

TT's are pretty challenging in all the other styles, so I used quite a few with those styles. I really want to be decent at all styles.

(DO at waist)

5"x3/16" CRS x1, 30d x2, TTx2, 16dx1 (I just had to do one--I bought a pound of them)

(Slim style)

TT x4

(Reverse)

Left hand front: TTx2, 6" G2x1

Right hand front: TTx2, 6" G2x1

Gripper crushdowns

#3 x1x5 (as explosively as possible)

And that's it.

Justin

Edited by Justin Reagan

I've found that I get bored and burned out easily if I just stick to a very few things. If I didn't do a lot of things like this, I'll end up getting too bored and totally changing everything around. Which means no progress on anything. Right now I'm progressing on everything. The progression sure is slow, but at least it's there.

Two more workouts:

A couple days ago:

Squat

135x1, 185x1, 225x1, 275x1, 305x0 :angry: , 305x1 (hard)

One arm DL w/ring

135x1, 180x1, 225x1, 290x1x2 each hand

Block work

DL by face: 27.5x1x7 right, 2 left

Hammer curl

26x10x2 (I might increase it next time)

Today:

Short behind the neck bending: 5/16"x24" HRSx2 at oncex1

this felt great!

Braced bending (thought of an obvious way to train to completely bend one of those 12" spikes)

5/16"x12" HRS x2

5/16"x8.5" HRS x1

5/16"x9.5" HRS x1

kinked two more 9" pieces of this--I had two types of HRS--these were harder than most of the other pieces

****all of the above was done with two 3' pieces of 5/16" HRS. I cut the straight ends off after I did the behind the neck bending. Re-using steel is a good thing when you have to buy it at a hardware store.

"Horseshoe isometrics"

Tearing (gold crown cards)

x17 (into eighths)

x18 (into eighths)

x20 (just quartered)

x34 (quartered)

x36 (quartered)

x37 (quartered)

Sledgehammer levering

Bending (DU, mainly for form purposes--nothing hard)

TT x3, 6" G2 x5

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

A couple to report

First:

DB swing: 55x1, 75x1, 95x1, 115x1 (right), 105x1 (left)

Neck lift: 135x1, 180x1, 225x1, 250x1

Rolling Thunder: 90x1, 100x1, 120x1, 135x1x2

2" vb lift: 90x1, 115x1, 140x1, 170x1

Block DL: 27.5x1, 27.5 (+10) x1x30 (right), 17 (left)

Hammer curl: 32x10x2 each hand

Hit on heavy bag for a while (I sometimes do this as a separate workout, but I don't post it)

Second:

Bending:

(DU)

TTx2, 6" G2 x4

60dx3

hard 60dx1 (PR!!)

IM bluex1

I then majorly kinked a G5 (PR in itself!!), wobbled another, and kinked a piece of 7" x 3/8" aluminum

(DO, waist level)

30dx3, TTx2, 40dxkinked

(Slim style)

5"x3/16" CRS x5

Didn't do reverse this time. I've noticed that, for some reason, it really irritates both of my biceps when I do this style. Every time. Not sure why.

Justin Reagan

Two workouts and several "mini-workouts" to report.

I'm always getting behind on reporting my workouts. It's been a week since I last posted one.

As you can see, outside workouts are getting shorter as it gets colder....

First little one (same day as last bending workout):

Card tearing:

Gold crown cards:

x14 (eighths)

x16 (eighths)

x38 (quartered)

x40 (quartered first half, accidentally shredded 5 cards of second half before tearing it)

First workout (several days ago):

Squat: 135x1, 185x1, 225x1, 275x1x5

Ring DL: 90x1, 135x1, 180x1, 225x1, 300x1, 300x1 (just right hand on the second single)

Block Row (taking it easy for today): 27.5x10x2 each hand

Then I hit on the bag

Second little one:

Bent a little horseshoe (then crushed it down--didn't make a heart--for some reason the one side crushed down and ended facing the wrong direction--does this make sense?)

Second workout:

(Very important in bending, so why not devote an entire workout?)

Sledge levering (each hand):

Twist: 2 sets of 10

"Ballistic" (as in David Morton's and Greg Amidon's article): 3 sets of 3, both front and back

Overhead: 7 singles

Third little one:

Found the little horseshoe's twin--bent it into "S"

Fourth little one:

Broke a length of #16 jack chain three times--new, and very fun!

I just put some gloves on and pulled it apart with my hands

(bending, tearing and now breaking are all very, very fun)

A little strongman work each day is fun.

Justin Reagan

Edited by Justin Reagan

One day, I'll be doing those horseshoe isometrics with a normal horseshoe, and the horseshoe will actually move. It's going to happen--I just know it... :D

A couple workouts:

First (really long):

DB Swing: 55x1, 95x1, 105x1, 105x1 each hand

DB Clean and side press: 55x1, 75x1, 95x1

Neck Lift: 135x1, 180x1, 225x1, 250x1

After this, I just decided to do a bunch of different lifts and stuff. I don't know why. I've decided it's not going to be a regular thing. I just had some extra time on my hands.

KB bottoms-up C&P: 16kgx3x2

Block toss: 27.5x16, 12 (tried to flip it a few times--not quite)

Rolling Thunder DL: 90x1, 100x1, 140x1 (PR), 150x1 (big PR for the right hand, but not quite with left hand)

VB lift (2"): 150x1, 160x1, 175x1 (PR right hand, broke off ground with left)

Chin-up: BWx5, 3, 2 (My goodness I'm weak at these)

OH Sledge lever 8x 2 singles each hand

Broke #14 jack chain twice

Hit on bag and threw 10 lb. medicine ball back and forth with my dad (total of about 20 minutes for both combined)

This workout would have taken an hour, but I really wanted to hit on the bag and throw the med ball around.

Second (really short):

I'm not sure why I stopped doing ab work. Maybe that's why the squats haven't been as stable as I like.

Turkish getup w/DB: 32x1, 55x1, 65x1, 75x1

Windmill w/DB: 55x3x3

"Gladiator Press" (I think that's what it's called--it's where you get into the one arm side pushup position with the bottom arm extended and press a DB with the other hand): 15x1x3

One arm OH squat w/DB: 32x3x3

Justin Reagan

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, I've got my focus back. More bending and gripping oriented, less unnecessary stuff. Even some gripper work. I had started to get mad at myself for always adding new stuff.

Some supply changes are in effect. It doesn't look like I'll be able to get 2 for a dollar Gold crown cards at Wal-mart anymore. Anywhere else have these? My local supply of TT's has stopped also. Now for the good part--The Lowe's I work for now has galvanized 60d's! They are 23 cents per nail, but at least we have them now.

Practicing "slim style" bending has been postponed, as TT's were about the only thing I could do. (I could use 3/16" steel, but I don't have any at the moment. I might buy some later on, though)

This is a long post, as there are 6 workouts included.

---------------------------------------Workout #1

Bending

(DU)

TTx2 (last of these, and the place in town that sold them has stopped carrying them)

6" x1/4" G2 x15

Blue x1

6.5"x1/4" HRSx1

6.75"x1/4" HRSx2

5.75"x1/4" HRSx1 (and this is the HARD HRS!)

6" x1/4" HRSx1 (the easy stuff)

(DO at waist level)

30dx12

Bent a used horseshoe halfway (not isometrics!!!!!). This one wasn't worn that much, and it was just a little rusted.

Card tearing

(Gold crown cards)

x20 (quartered), x34, x30, x41, x23 (quartered)

Chain breaking

#14x1, #16x1

----------------------------------Workout #2

Squat

135x5, 185x5, 235x5 (sets of 5 keep me warmer in 20 degree weather....)

Block DL

27.5x1, 27.5 (+10) x1x15R/10L, 27.5x1x5L

KB Snatch (not good in cold weather outside--my fingers almost fell off. Really....)

24kgx10x2

Hit on heavy bag for a while

------------------------------------Workout #3

Bending

6" polebarn x1

6" x1/4" G2 x7

60dx6, galv. 60dx1

Bluex1

6.5" x 1/4" HRS x1

6.5" x 1/4" CRS x1, 6" x 1/4" CRS x3 (one was a little below 6")

6" x 5/16" fully threaded C. bolt x2

hard TT x2

6" x 3/16" square ZP steel x1

40dx3

-----------------------------------Workout #4

Grippers

5 negatives each hand--hard #2 w/ left, #3 w/right

Strapholds (#1) 1.25x5 sec., 5x5 sec. x3

Bent another slightly used and rusted horseshoe halfway

Bending (nothing much, just to keep in the groove of it--tried to be explosive)

(DU) 6" x 1/4" G2 x10

(DO, waist level) 30d x3

Card tearing

(Gold crown cards) x20 (quartered), x34, x40

Chain breaking

#14 x2 (this stuff was black and "poly coated"--I think it's a little tougher)

SH levering

(8) Back: 2 sets of 8, Twist: 2 sets of 10, Front: 2 sets of 8

Then I did a few sets of 3 "ballistic levering"

----------------------------------------Workout #5

Squat

135x5, 185x5, 240x5, 205x5

Block upright row (I was going to do some more pinching, so I kept this relatively "easy")

27.5x7R, 6L, 7R, 6L, 6R, 4L

Rolling Thunder DL

90x1, 100x1, 125x1, 140x1 (L), 150x1 ®

2" VB lift (also not very friendly to frozen fingers)

150x1, 160x1, 170x1 (just right hand, barely came up with left)

Pinched 2 25's for 5 singles left, 3 singles right

Pinkie/Ring finger pinch (for the grippers)

2 10's x4 singles, 1x 5 sec. hold, 2x 10 sec. hold

------------------------Little miniature workout------------------------

Bent 19"x3/8" ZP steel around my neck

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------Workout #6

Grippers

Strapholds (#1 -- all 5 sec. holds)

5 x 3 holds

7.5 x 2 holds

4 negatives (on hard #2 left, #3 right)

Bending

(DU)

6" x 1/4" G2 x14

60dx2

Bent 7/16" x3' ZP steel around neck (I stink at this kind of bending--I can't even bend 1/2" HRS)

Scrolled (to the best of my ability) 3' x 3/8" ZP steel

More DU bending

6.5"x1/4" HRS x1, 6.75" x 1/4" HRS x1

6.25" x 1/4" HRS x1 (easy stuff--it comes as a shock when I explode into the bar)

Later, I bent a 4' piece of 1/2" rebar around my neck (good, cheap way to practice long bending--just be careful with the springiness) and made a fish out of it

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, I've had a few workouts I'm not going to post. Actually quite a few. Last week I bent a little bit almost every day. (not much more than a 60d a day) It was a week of rest. I've done lots of squatting, deadlifting, and oly lifting in the past few years, and I've never hurt my back. One day two weeks ago, I sneezed violently and felt like I strained something in my back. Go figure. Hence the week of bending/breaking/tearing. Even though it was more recovery for my back than anything, I actually enjoyed focusing on one type of thing: bending, etc. To make any progress at squatting and other things, I have to have my focus on that type of thing. But my focus is on feats of hand and wrist strength. No more stressful regular lifting for a while. I'm going to keep strengthening the rest of my body, but with something strange. Maybe something from Steve Justa's book. Like walking with weight or something. Just as long as it's nothing overly stressful. You'll notice that I didn't say "nothing too hard". Squats are hard and stressful. Walking with weight on my back or with a sandbag is hard, but not stressful.

Now to the last two workouts:

Bending

(DU) 40dx2, 60dx10

(Reverse--only one way--the other way irritates one of my biceps) 40dx6, hard 40dx1

(DO at waist height) 40dx4, 30dx3

(against shin) 10" x 5/16" tent spike (4 pack from K-Mart--I had to try them when I saw them)

I then had a movie break (Star Wars episode III--I can't watch that movie enough)

Coiled 4'x1/2" rebar--into a couple loops

Budged both of my half bent horseshoes with pipes on ends

Scrolled 3'x3/8" zinc plated steel

Grippers:

4 negatives each hand: hard #2 with left, #3 with right

Card tearing (Gold Crown cards)

x25, x30, x37 (been a while since I've done this)

Pulled on pre-kinked 12" spike (no luck)

Sledge levering (8 lb.)

Back: 2 sets of 5

Twist: 2 sets of 10

Front: 2 sets of 5

Wrist roller (1" PVC)

Hands down: 40 x 1 trip each direction

Hands in front: 10 x 1 trip each direction

Hand above and slightly in front of head: 5 x 1 trip each direction

Bending

(DU): 40dx2, 60dx3, galv 60dx1

My hands felt good today, so after I warmed up, I tried a G5 and one of my hard 60d's. Nope. Put a good kink in them, but I had to add them to my "partially bent" pile.

Justin Reagan