California State Iron Grip Championships

ironwarrior

A change of dates is fine with me, and it will save my ass with my wife. The 11th is our wedding anniversary. :trout Trust me I don't mind changing the date, even to thanks giving day. I'll be there what ever day is chosen.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ironwarrior

• Hubgeezer

• handgripperman

• supermagnamon

I could make the 26th Nov.date if it happens.

Mike the way it looks now my son's season will be over Nov.4th.Lots of injuries on the team. I have another commitment on the 19th that i made months ago.

What do you think Kevin about the 26th?

Hey Guys, I been a tad lazy/busy/tired/run-down the past 2 weeks...would the 26th work for everyone then? How about the 1st or 2nd Saturday of September? That way people who wanna take advantage of the 4(?) day weekend over Thanksgiving can do so. What's everyone's thoughts on that? My wife's very cool with my schedules...keep in touch!!!

And Geezer, glad 2 hear you can make it! Your CD has provided many an inspiration for more than one heavy DL!

:bow:D:bow

Nov. 26th works for me. Kevin did you get the pictures I emailed you.

Kevin, so you finally tricked her into marrying you?? Congrats!

I vote for the 26th, as it won't clash with Steve B's shindig, my kid can go, and I actually look forward to doing something like this over Thanksgiving weekend.

Also, Clay Edgin will have to come back to Salinas for Thanksgiving, as he has never been away from California before for Thanksgiving, so he would be heading back and would be participating...Of course I don't know this, I just know he misses his hometown so much he would not be able to keep away :tongue ...

Hmmm, yeah, I forgot about that "Who" CD I left at Kevin's gym in March. It had been so long, I forgot I owned it.

"Hope I die before I get old"

Pete Townsend, The Who, 1965, My Generation

Hubgeezer

Edited by Hubgeezer

the 26th is cool with me.

• 2 weeks later...

I am mentally set for the 26th of November, but I have not heard anything about this shindig.

Does anyone know anything about its status? Any new interest, any lessened interest?

My Rolling Thunder is down 15 pounds from 3 months ago and I have no idea why. That's too bad, I was looking forward to winning that event, but now I'll probably get whupped by guys younger than my children.

This is just to say I am still in on the 26th, and I am still in for Steve B's gathering in December.

Hubgeezer

i just spoke with kevin, today, since i he was the promoter and referee at the uspf powerlifting. i told him that so far, most of the votes were for the 26th, in which he was cool with. it's just that he's been busy with this meet, is the reason why he hasn't been prepared for our grip meet. i trie to close his IM#3 and handgripperman was right, that it's a hard #3. I did get the RT to 187lbs, but I was already tired, since I only did the deadlift for that meet, today. btw, the plate pinch event, in which i asked him on what device he was using, is actually the ironmind pinch block, just an f.y.i. that block is extremely smooth, and i couldn't even get 52lbs on it, even though i can pinch a 50lb block. how ridiculous is that? this one guy at the meet, who only did the bench that day, got it up with easy and i was shock, since he doesn't train for grip and that he has small hands. see you all there at the competition. btw, i forgot to ask him exactly what was the fee, though. sorry about that, guys. f.y.i from the last time i asked him, it was around 30-45 bucks, if i recalled properly.

• 2 weeks later...

I am leaving for a week. Are we on? Is someone going to check with Kevin? It seems like there is a sizable group psyched up for it, and I am planning on it, but I have not heard anything.

Hopefully, it's a go. Could someone find out and post? I am out of here.

Thanks,

Hubgeezer

i'll call him up and find out. i'll let you guys know what's up, as soon as i'm done talking to him.

I just spoke with Kevin. I called him at the wrong time, because he was at a HS football game. Kevin just had an Olympic Weightlifting meet last week. Another reason why he was busy. I wish that I could of gone to that one. Well, as far the grip competition. We are still on for November 26. He said that it will start around 10AM and that he will send us an e-mail with an entry form. I just want to compete right now. See you guys there.

I just spoke with Kevin. I called him at the wrong time, because he was at a HS football game. Kevin just had an Olympic Weightlifting meet last week. Another reason why he was busy. I wish that I could of gone to that one. Well, as far the grip competition. We are still on for November 26. He said that it will start around 10AM and that he will send us an e-mail with an entry form. I just want to compete right now. See you guys there.

Hey Guys, it's your fearless Meat-Director here...finally got this @#$%^&* computer to go (stay) online again...it would stay connected for about 3-10 seconds then disconnect. Went on for weeks, and no one could figure it out. I finally found someone who was able to fix the problem, (in fact he just left, after midnite!), soooo, here I am!!! My apologies for not keeping in touch. Sucks that we rely so heavily on something that can turn on us at any moment.

Anyway, I'll email everyone the entry form tomorrow night, don't worry about late fees, but if you can RSVP (via email or cell phone) to let me know you're coming I can get an accurate headcount for awards, Power Bars and Gatorade.

Clay, when do you need those awards by? And yes, deception comes in handy when you want to marry the girl you've been seeing for 10 years!

:help:help:help:help:help:help

Edited by ironwarrior

Hey Guys, it's your fearless Meat-Director here...finally got this @#$%^&* computer to go (stay) online again...it would stay connected for about 3-10 seconds then disconnect. Went on for weeks, and no one could figure it out. I finally found someone who was able to fix the problem, (in fact he just left, after midnite!), soooo, here I am!!! My apologies for not keeping in touch. Sucks that we rely so heavily on something that can turn on us at any moment.

ah man. i should of told you, kevin, that i fix computers. i would of come by and fixed it for you in exchange for working out at your gym. no worries. at least, i posted it online for a f.y.i.

ah man. i should of told you, kevin, that i fix computers. i would of come by and fixed it for you in exchange for working out at your gym. no worries. at least, i posted it online for a f.y.i.

Hey 'sickos', Can you all do me a favor and let me know what bodyweight (in pounds OR kilos [i can convert very easily]) you plan on being for the contest...? I'm pre-producing the trophy plates with the gripper image and it'd be great if I can have them all done right, with the weight classes all correct. What I'm tryin'tasayis: Don't come in heavier or lighter than your intended weight class....PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!

Lemme know via this forum or direct email if you're too embarassed at warrior01@earthlink.net (don't forget to take into account that Thanksgiving falls before the contest so adjust your bodyweight "predictions" accordingly...

Also, I picked up some dumbbells (both hex AND globe style) from Venice Beach, plus another ton (literally) of olympic plate this past weekend, so don't expect the nice, tidy, clean hardcore gym you're all so used to...C Ya all next Saturday, Happy/Safe Thangsgiving!!!

KM

Mike, you're CD is safe...the sounds of Roger Daultry will be in my head for years to come! :laugh

Hey 'sickos', Can you all do me a favor and let me know what bodyweight (in pounds OR kilos [i can convert very easily]) you plan on being for the contest...? I'm pre-producing the trophy plates with the gripper image and it'd be great if I can have them all done right, with the weight classes all correct. What I'm tryin'tasayis: Don't come in heavier or lighter than your intended weight class....PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!

Lemme know via this forum or direct email if you're too embarassed at warrior01@earthlink.net (don't forget to take into account that Thanksgiving falls before the contest so adjust your bodyweight "predictions" accordingly...

Also, I picked up some dumbbells (both hex AND globe style) from Venice Beach, plus another ton (literally) of olympic plate this past weekend, so don't expect the nice, tidy, clean hardcore gym you're all so used to...C Ya all next Saturday, Happy/Safe Thangsgiving!!!

KM

Mike, you're CD is safe...the sounds of Roger Daultry will be in my head for years to come! :laugh

i plan on weighing a skinny 285lbs on that day.

I live in La Habra and I'd like to come to the contest...is there an entry form with all the info? I know I'd probably get my butt kicked though...

Give me your email and I'll send you the entry in a WORD document attachment...and don't worry about embarassing yourself, ya gotta start sometime and somewhere; a good "butt-kicking" can work to your advantage...besides, I'm sure your strength is mighty respectable; I mean, I think I'm the only weak dude on this forum. Get to know the guys, and the neat thing is, they're all supportive of each other, and will be glad to give tips, training advice, etc.

KM

Wow a ton and you couldn't even spare one dumbbell for a kid. HOW FRUGAL! :angry:

my weight is 215lbs

Hey, you are up almost 20 pounds. Is that all muscle?

I am 222, about the same as the March contest. I got down to 211 but went off my Weight Watchers diet and well...

My son will not be coming, but is probably coming to the December 10 shindig.

I am looking forward to this. Despite a few derogatory comments by Kim concerning "Contests", they are a great opportunity to show personal improvement, test yourself in a game-like situation, bring out the best you have, and have fun. With this particular group, I don't think it makes or breaks our personal egos much, it's just good clean fun.

I know what Kim is talking about, as I discouraged my son from coming. He is new enough at this stuff that I could see him bummed if he didn't do what he thought he should. I don't want to get put on a bummer because he takes it too seriously, so it is better that he not be in a "Contest". Then again, my kid would kick my ass in the Wrist Roller, as that is my weakest event, and I thought it might be good for him to do that to me....Naaahhh...

See you guys in a few days.

Oh yes, poor Kevin Meskew is trying to get the right amount of trophies, people in the right weight classes, etc. Don't forget to email him your bodyweight or otherwise RSVP to him.

Hubgeezer

Thanks Mike for that reminder...so far I've 2 in the 225s, and 1 in the 250+ classes. I still hafta check my emails tho so hopefully I can gather more info soon.

225 class

Hangripperman

HubGeezer

250+

supermagnamon

Also a coupla days ago a member from La Habra (Powerbird) chimed in about some interest in the competition, and I asked him to leave me his email so I could send him the entry form, but I haven't heard back....any of you hear from him? He sounded like a beginner but hey we all gotta start somewhere, eh?

KM

Enjoy your Thansgiving!

My Turkey being cooked>>>> :flame

my weight is 215lbs

I am 222, about the same as the March contest. I got down to 211 but went off my Weight Watchers diet and well...

I am looking forward to this. Despite a few derogatory comments by Kim concerning "Contests", they are a great opportunity to show personal improvement, test yourself in a game-like situation, bring out the best you have, and have fun. With this particular group, I don't think it makes or breaks our personal egos much, it's just good clean fun.

I know what Kim is talking about, as I discouraged my son from coming. He is new enough at this stuff that I could see him bummed if he didn't do what he thought he should. I don't want to get put on a bummer because he takes it too seriously, so it is better that he not be in a "Contest". Then again, my kid would kick my ass in the Wrist Roller, as that is my weakest event, and I thought it might be good for him to do that to me....Naaahhh...

Oh yes, poor Kevin Meskew is trying to get the right amount of trophies, people in the right weight classes, etc. Don't forget to email him your bodyweight or otherwise RSVP to him.

Hubgeezer

KM

Wow a ton and you couldn't even spare one  dumbbell for a kid. HOW FRUGAL! :angry:

ALL FOR THE SAKE OF CHARITY MY GOOD MAN...

Thanks Mike for that reminder...so far I've 2 in the 225s, and 1 in the 250+ classes.  I still hafta check my emails tho so hopefully I can gather more info soon.

225 class

Hangripperman   

HubGeezer

250+

supermagnamon

Also a coupla days ago a member from La Habra (Powerbird) chimed in about some interest in the competition, and I asked him to leave me his email so I could send him the entry form, but I haven't heard back....any of you hear from him?  He sounded like a beginner but hey we all gotta start somewhere

HEY, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE??

Steve B, Meat Loaf, Fat Boy, where are they?? I will send something to all 3 of them...

Hubgeezer

my weight is 215lbs

Hubgeezer

I was like 217lbs last contest. and about a month and a half ago I was pushing 240lbs

Hey guys Kevin just emailed me and he wants to know everybodies weight class's.

He's trying to make name plates for the trophys ahead of time. You can contact him at warrior01@earthlink.net