Ttown's Log

TtownCrush

Well, after taking about a year off from grip training I've started myself back up a few weeks ago, and decided to put the grippers away for a while and do something else. After all the positive talk of blockweights I've decided to make that my main objective. I may do other things here and there, but I really only like to focus on 1 thing at a time. I've found if I work multiple parts of the lower arm, whether it be grip work,wrist work forearm work, etc, I can't gain as much in either aspect as I can if I just focus on 1 thing.

I think having a workout log will be very beneficial for me, since typing up my workouts as I do them is a lot easier than writing it down. I'm always misplacing my papers and what not. So, everyone, feel free to critique, advise, compliment, or anything else you'd like here on my log. I'd appreciate any and all feedback.

Well, todays (8-25-05) workout went a little something like this...

Warm up- stretching out the wrist, and individual fingers. Then messed around with the dexterity balls a bit. I have both big and small ones. I also like to press my fingers individually against the thumb, making an O (hope that made sense)

Block Weights

17.5 pounder (blocks from a 35 hex dumbbell). That's all I have at the moment. Like I said I'm just getting back into the whole grip thing so I'm starting off a little on the light side. I decided to master this block in many ways before stepping up. Anyway, I did...

3x two second hold, each hand(everything will be with both hands unless other wise specified.)

3x four second hold

2x two second hold across the face(as opposed to width)

3x four second hold across the face

Cool down- play with the dexterity balls for a few minutes, then go and rinse my hands with very warm (but not quite hot) water for a few minutes. This warm water rinse really makes my hands feel nice after those four second holds across the face.

I like to work with these block weights twice a week, usually Monday and Thursday. Sometime in the week, I like to do a little extensor work with rubber bands.

Well, have a good one(if you're still reading :upsidedwn )

-Kevin

I have the same size block. Besides times holds I toss it from hand to hand for somewere between 20 and 60 reps. I also get a couple of buddies together and we play hot potato with it--just toss it high and without a spin and one of the others catches it in a pinch grip from overhead. It's a lot of fun and keeps you on your toes.

I've got a 20lb block I like to play around with by tossing too. Another good one to do outside as you get stronger is to throw it so it will flip over once, then catch it. This is hard.