• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• Mikael Siversson

• moser1972

• Arne

Congrats to all of you!

Anyone want to host 196 MB photos and movieclips from the contest? The lens had some dust on it, but you should be able to see what happens :)

I host the pics.

When I downloaded all the stuff, I upload it to my website and post you all the link.

Later

Thorsten

A big congrat to Arne as well for once again organising the Europeans. This man deserves a medal. :bow  :bow  :bow

Ha ha! Thank you! But you done much more work with calibrating, calculating etc!

Yes, well done Arne.  By all accounts it sounds as if things went well :)

Thank You! He he! I hope so!

I must also take the opportunity to congratulate Viktor who was in the lead throughout the competition right up until bending. There should be room for much improvement for next years Euro. Quite amazing that the European record holder in grippers is only 18 years old. Definitely a possible #4 closer in the future.

And I thank you, even if we don't always agree I have learnt a lot from you and your expertise :bow

But if I remember correctly i was NOT "a possible #4 closer in the future" a year ago, I take that as a big compliment :D

And a small correction, I'm 17, 18 26th of September.

Great job guys. Congrats David.

-Jedd-

And a small correction, I'm 17

OH MY!!!!!!!! 17!!!!! I look forward to seeing you on the #4 closers list. Very impressive job at the competition and ten times more impressive for doing it at your age. :bow:bow:bow

Congrats to the Swiss. :bow:bow He seems to improve every year.

Greg Amidon

Edited by gamidon

I must also take the opportunity to congratulate Viktor who was in the lead throughout the competition right up until bending. There should be room for much improvement for next years Euro. Quite amazing that the European record holder in grippers is only 18 years old. Definitely a possible #4 closer in the future.

And a small correction, I'm 17, 18 26th of September.

You sir are a stud.Pure and simple...an animal.

Only 17!?!?! :blink I am humbled just purely astonished. :ohmy

Congratulations!

Congrats to David for taking the win! :bow

Now my friend, I fully understand why I wasn't a real challenge for you in the latest two swiss grip comps!!! :D

Wow, what a day!!

I went from one surprise to another, and the tension was immense.

- first of all, the pinch: how can I be so BAD at this lift? I mean, I really struggled to get 67kg!!?! after two events, I was 8th overall and had lost my hopes of a good overall ranking (!).

- vbar went well, the bar was a bit slippery and this made it hard to choose the right weights to attempt (also failure often means skin tearing and then there would be a risk to have just zero points). Theo nearly bombed out: after having won the left hand, he failed his first 4 right hand attempts, but finally just took gold! excellent suspense!

- OHL. I was a bit nervous because everyone started at 200kg and my opening weight was 240kg. I was really going to look like an idiot if I failed, but went for it anyway. incredible prs for me (obviously). I would like to point out that on my failed attempt at the world record (322.5kg), it was my grip that gave. It was also quite clear that many people learned the technique on the day (which we can see with right hand weights being much bigger than left hand weight). I think most people had the technique right at the end of the event (in particular, Theo went from terrible to great technique).

- bending: suspense was high, because this was the decisive event, after about 8hours of competition! I had not bent anything hard since the SGC to let my hand heal, and this was maybe my best training decision lately!

Steve really lost the competition in this event. He definately should have trained the new rules, because he easily bent the nails he tried to around 40°. But reverse style is clearly not optimal to get to 60°. I was lucky to have some energy left and was able to pass forward. Also, Johan had a bad day (less than 1mm from the next gripper, unusually low vbar, and twisting wrists problem in bending).

The two guys who I think will be tomorrow's grip stars are

1) Viktor (obvisously) who just needs to train his bending a little. insanely strong at his age.

2) Theo. He also definately needs to train bending, but has only been doing grip for like 6months anyway. Truly gifted and strong. Clearly someone to look out for.

Again, a very special THANK YOU to Arne for the great organization and judging and to his wife for the nice barbecue!!

today my traps feel like they are going to fall off my back...

A classic one:

Quoting Mobster:

I dunno Viktor, I've just looked at why David said that and you have some good numbers. Your left hand gripper is good - I may just beat it (right hand I'll crush you he he), your two hand pinch is my equal.

:trout

Note the use of 'he he'. You'd have been disappointed if I hadn't made some rash statement (indeed I think you was waiting for one)...

I'll post a more detailed write-up in my log (only been home 1 hour) but in the mean time: As usual Arne and co (inc Mikeal) are to be congratulated for all the work both in the background and on the platform. Victor is, without doubt, a serious prospect for European champion. David 'The Swiss' was one of my choices and kicked ass. His work on the one-hand lift at (as per) his bodyweight is outstanding and he is so modest. I loved meeting the guys and blame the Germans for my extra fatigue - I think I tested everything they gave me at Arne's to try). Also a special thanks to Theo and his gal Yvonne for allowing me to trapes around all day Sunday (you'll love our commerative t-shirts we had made).

More later, inc photos.

PS: I am covered in mosquito bites :unsure

I loved meeting the guys and blame the Germans for my extra fatigue - I think I tested everything they gave me at Arne's to try

Hehe,

indeed we had some fun giving you tons of different grippers to close and bars to bend. :laugh

Oh, and yes mosquito bites are quite a problem today. :flame

Steve,

Well done on your performance. Just a bit more there and you'd have been on the podium.

Anyway, train specific now, and get ready for the GGC. Be sure to do this!

David

David, as we all know Steve can't even spell to specific training. I am hearing some stories of very strange kinking by Steve at the Euros.

Steve had a unique approach to the kink event in the weeks leading up to the competition. Total number of specific kink training sessions - zero

Contest preparation Mobster style. :mosher

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Check the German photos - there's a pic of me with a piece of paper in my hand looking confused... I hadn't a clue about the rules. Of course it says as much, while mentioning that I did some bar bending, in my training log. :dry

PS: I am covered in mosquito bites  :unsure

Args - I counted them: I've 52 bites! :whacked

Arrgghh I lost again - don't tell Mikeal ha ha. I have one gross looking one which is like a little bubble :cry