The Greatest Distance Driven To Bend A Red?

EricMilfeld

Walter Kelly Crews and his beautiful wife and daughter stopped in for a visit here in Ft. Worth on July 28th and 29th after driving all the way from Alaska. Their final destination is Florida where they will be starting anew after Gator's discharge from the Army. And for those of you wondering if the Million Dollar question was answered during our meeting, yes, it was. GatorGrip is just as nutty and verbose in person as he is here on the board, but in a very entertaining and genuine way I might add. He's the real deal, and then some, in both physical strength and character.

I knew the Gator was strong, but I had no idea he was THIS strong. We started with some bending.

He requested a little instruction, which I was more than happy to give. We then wrapped him up a Red in cowhide and Gator prepared for battle. And what a battle it was! For what must have been ten minutes he gave it his all in what at times appeared to be a futile fight against the Red Giant. But in the end Gator stood victorious, as he held up his very first vanquished Red Nail. His inner strength was further made evident by the fact that he continued the fight despite the wives' laughter

at the crimson hues of his straining face! Almost as remarkable as his Red conquest was the fact that he demonstrates great all around hand and wrist strength, though his training regimen consists almost entirely of bending. I always knew bending was more of good full upper body workout than often given credit for. Kelly performed a 282 pound v-bar lift on his first ever attempt at the exercise! He also came within a quarter inch of closing my average strengthed #3. And he really ticked me off when he matched me pound for pound on the 1 1/2" thick double handed pinch. We both did 165 with the block of wood.

Well, thanks for listening, and congratulations again Mr. Crews!

Eric, excellent report! What a chance meeting between a guy from Alaska/Florida, and one from Texas :) Gator easily has the most motivational and enjoyable posts on the board, unreal to hear he is the real deal also in grip. Bending, pinch, vbar, grippers, enough said.

Great write-up about an awesome meeting, Eric. And congrats Gator, whenever you get to read this!

Thanks for the report Eric...and GREAT job Gator!!

That's great to hear Eric, thanks for the writeup.

Great job Gator!!! I knew you'd bend the Red. :rock:rock

-HH

HO-LEE-CRAP. :bow That is extremely impressive! And what an astounding overall level of grip strength.

Eric sounds like it was a good time by all.Way to go GAtor :bow

No doubt, Eric has been missed!

Great job MR. Crews!

Well that's great, to hear Gator bent a RED, I knew he had it in him for a long time, now that he know he can do it, he'll be knocking them off in 20secs. flat and cutting half inches off them.

Way to fight the Red down!

Congrats Walter.

Eric, nice to see you finally back.

...........great job gator, awesome determination!

:bow:bow:bow:bow

burner

Always good to hear about Walter's accomplishments - fantastic stuff, for sure!  Way to go, Gator - keep up the good work!

Gator I knew you could bend the red...congrats on the feat of strength buddy, your in a new elite group now :bow:bow:bow Just as you gave me praise for closing the #3, I give you praise for taking down the red in nothing but style, your the man :rock:rock:rock

Edited by BigT

Not to "steel" Gator's thunder here. but in response to those who've asked, my absense is a result of additional responsibilities placed on me at work, due to a promotion. I'm not just your run of the mill gas hauler anymore, but am now your run of the mill gas hauler/supervisor. It also doesn't help the situation much that I bought a Harley 1200 Custom recently and can't keep my butt off it. I'm stiil bending and working my grip in general, but because I've dieted down to about 188, a 5 3/4" Red is all I'm good for these days. I'll try and drop in from time to time, and who knows, I may find time to become a full blown addict again, but I do miss you guys.

OUTSTANDING!! A great accomplishment!

Great job to both of you guys. It just makes me mad that there is now one less gripboard member from Alaska. Now it is just Deaner, Me, and Sundown. Gator will be missed up here but look out Florida.

Eric,

Glad to see you are still hitting it big even if your silence made some of us think other wise, we all knewyou could not give it up.

-Sean