T_rex's Kta Log

t_rex

Well I just ordered KTA... Finally. :blush

I'm just awaiting my serial to be emailed to me now.

My goal gripper will be my hard HG300 and/or my medium #3.

So let the carnage begin... :laugh:rock

Grats! It's a great program. I say that even though I haven't officially started on it; I've just wanted to build up some general soft tissue toughness and hand strength first, because KTA is the kind of thing that is really hard and takes a lot of commitment, and I don't want to do it halfway, once I start. But I've been using the concepts and some of the specific exercises to train with, and my grip strength has remarkably improved in a short time.

I'd encourage you to pay the extra $15 to get access to the KTA forums and track your workout there set for set. It made the difference between me getting through the program and dropping out. Wannagrip was really good about keeping up with my log and guiding me through the rought spots.

Well I just ordered KTA... Finally. :blush

I'm just awaiting my serial to be emailed to me now.

My goal gripper will be my hard HG300 and/or my medium #3.

So let the carnage begin... :laugh  :rock

T-rex..have you been gripping for a little while at least?

Read and reread the KTA e-book over and over till it's memorized. You are about to embark on one of (if not the) toughest gripper programs in existence. It starts

sort of easily but builds to incredible intensity..be prepared for the battle of your life.

Be prepared to get your grip stronger than you ever thought possible...You will meet up with Mr. Pain..Mr. I am Gonna quit right now...Mr. My hands hurt too much.

Ignore them all and follow the program and you will get a tremendous benefit not only in hand strength but in overall gripper knowledge.

Best of luck..PM me if you'd like with any questions.

Good luck bro, you'll be closing the #3 in no time.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Friday - 12th Aug.

Well I began today, all went well and I will report back at the end of each week and see how my hands are feeling. :laugh

Monday - 15th Aug.

First day I'm actually feeling it. My hands are noticebly weaker than the were the past few days. Though no pain... So far. :laugh

Thursday - 18th Aug.

First rest day today... I just want to keep using the grippers, though. :laugh

My hands are feeling perfect still. But we'll see if they still are after week 2. :P

Edited by t_rex

Yes, as Bill would say "Greasing the groove"!

Friday - 19th Aug.

Well I began week 2 today.

I have a feeling that my hands are going to be sore by the next rest day.

I ended up choosing to do the maxium amount of singles listed for week 2. I'm not going to go easy on my hands. :laugh

The first time I did KTA, I tried to do the max and ended up dropping in the middle of the 3rd week. The second time, I did the minimum volume and just barely made it through. The minimum is still a ton of work, but seems easy in the first 2 weeks. You're just conditioning your hands right now for the later weeks. Don't go overboard, or you'll have nothing left to draw on when you really need it.

• 2 weeks later...

I missed the Thursday workout, then had to go away for the weekend, so I missed out on all those days. :( Damn!

So I am going to start again in a week or two.

Start over..you weren't that far into it..make sure you stay this time...haha

You've got to just take the grippers with you or stay up when you get home to fit the workouts in. I had to do one of my KTA workouts during week 2 in a hotel lobby with a bunch of people around. They looked at me a little weird, especially when I broke out with the pony clamp, but nobody said anything. I also had a number of nights where I had to stay up an extra 20 minutes past my bed time to get my hand health in. Since you are working out so often, you have to be willing to accept not every workout will be under optimal conditions.

If I had some prior notice for that weekend, I would've taken the grippers. But I only had about an hour to get ready and totally forgot about my grippers. :laugh