Vision's Old-tyme Gryppe Thread...

Vision

Well, a brand newbie has descended upon the board to pick people's brains for ideas and develop a grip that shatters handbones (hopefully not mine). Here be my thread for talking grip exercises, my routine, and any suggestions/critiques/ideas that you folks might come up with to help me improve my grip game.

As I said in the newbie intro thread, I climb a 20foot rope using just my arms, I have a plate-loaded gripper, and I'm going to purchase a few Captains Of Crush Grippers today.

My usual routine is using the plate-loaded gripper every 3-4 days and climbing the rope the next day, so I train grip four times a week but I have come to realize that is not enough, so I shall start this thread and record my results here for people to see and critique.

Thank you for letting me join the board, and I hope to tell tales, regale, and make you all laugh!

Peace and chicken grease!

Well, I bought the 100lb trainer gripper from the Captains Of Crush series and managed to do it 55 times each hand while driving home. It was pretty easy actually, so I'm ordering the others and I'll have them in a week or two.

WHOO-HOO!!!! :D

Thtas great I am sure you will slam the #1 shut also. Will be interesting to see how you do on the #2...Good Luck!

Nice job Vision, keep slammin those grippers.

Thanks guys, I have been doing gripping with the plate-loaded gripper for about 8 months now. I worked up to doing 200lbs for 1 rep on the plate loaded gripper and I can do 150 for 25.

My normal routine goes:

Plate-loaded Grip Machine

1*25 (25lbs)

1*25 (50lbs)

1*25 (75lbs)

1*25 (100lbs)

1*25 (125lbs)

1*25 (150lbs)

1*10 (175lbs)

and on the days that I try for singles...

1*5 (180lbs)

1*3 (185lbs)

1*1 (200lbs)

I have to say, it felt like my fingers were coming off when I was doing the 200. I prefer to develop endurance because I have good endurance...better than raw power anyways.

We'll see how it goes in the coming weeks.

I have to say, it felt like my fingers were coming off when I was doing the 200. I prefer to develop endurance because I have good endurance...better than raw power anyways.

We'll see how it goes in the coming weeks.

You should work on your weaknesses, even focus more on them. But good job with the trainer, le us know how the #1 and #2 go.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I'm back.

Jacked up in a serious way. I just bungeejumped off the highest bungee jump in North America.

My grip contributed somewhat because I was walking the plank and I had the railing in a deathgrip. I wouldn't be surprised if I left fingerprints in the iron railings...lol.

Time to update this stuff. I'll do my routine and come back to post it later.

Peace.