• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikael Siversson

• mobsterone

• David Horne

• Arne

V-bar is Theo or Johan. Johan certainly has the capacity to blow everyone to bits in the v-bar but he has yet to prove that he can do it in contest (setting WR that is). He is after all the current European v-bar champion. I will be very disappointed if the Swedes again fail to break those 150k (one hand) and 295k (total) Swedish v-bar records. Do I have to do it all myself in December? :trout

V-bar is Theo or Johan. Johan certainly has the capacity to blow everyone to bits in the v-bar but he has yet to prove that he can do it in contest (setting WR that is). He is after all the current European v-bar champion. I will be very disappointed if the Swedes again fail to break those 150k (one hand) and 295k (total) Swedish v-bar records. Do I have to do it all myself in December? :trout

I think the V-bar is ok for the moment. I did 130X130 without warming up. I didn't try any heavier.

Well I don't think anyone will have to worry about me taking anyones medal anymore since it seems the easiest nail will be 7"x8mm. And my bending have NOT been going well this month, barely able to kink 7,5" yesterday for no apparent reason.. :help

It seems my hope for easier stock was in vain.

The easiest nails used for the LGC is 7 1/2'' 8mm HRS. It is reasonable to expect a higher standard at a European Championship. Almost all Swedes competing at the Euros are far too relaxed in their attitude towards this particular event; bending steel. The Germans are more serious about this and will dominate the Swedes with ease in bending. At the very minimum one would need to bend a couple of dozen bars once a week or so. It costs a bit but so does all other sports.

The easiest nails used for the LGC is 7 1/2'' 8mm HRS. It is reasonable to expect a higher standard at a European Championship. Almost all Swedes competing at the Euros are far too relaxed in their attitude towards this particular event; bending steel. The Germans are more serious about this and will dominate the Swedes with ease in bending. At the very minimum one would need to bend a couple of dozen bars once a week or so. It costs a bit but so does all other sports.

Of course a higher standard should be expected, but I can't see the logic in going from 0 points to about 75 points in an event?

You kinked a 7 1/2'' at the last LGC with only very little bending training. Are you saying that after three months of hard bending you have had zero progress, or have you just been a bit slack with bending, grabbing a bar once a week or so? If the latter scenario is true then you deserve to get zero points in this event.

You kinked a 7 1/2'' at the last LGC with only very little bending training. Are you saying that after three months of hard bending you have had zero progress, or have you just been a bit slack with bending, grabbing a bar once a week or so? If the latter scenario is true then you deserve to get zero points in this event.

Well I actually got stronger, could kink a 6" to 30 degrees, then I changed my method a bit (used double 5,1mmx6" nails instead of 8mm stock since it was cheaper) and when I tried 8mm again a week ago I was WEAK :(

But I got myself to blame...

Good luck to all the competitors especially Mobster.

Steve I like your usual high self confidense,Just do your best and try and get a PB in evey event then you cannot do anymore than that and if beaten on the day it will be by a stronger man :D

David the swiss is my pick for the most inproved and a top 3 i hope :D

If Arne can harness that massive wrist strength he has into bending,he will be an awesome bender :D

Well I actually got stronger, could kink a 6" to 30 degrees, then I changed my method a bit (used double 5,1mmx6" nails instead of 8mm stock since it was cheaper) and when I tried 8mm again a week ago I was WEAK :(

For most people there is not much difference in difficulty between a 7'' and a 7 1/2''. The extra leverage gained by the longer piece is negated to some extent by the fact that the hands are too far apart for maximum stability during the kink.

Thanks David and Gary, I am honoured (but sceptical)!!

I don't see myself beating Mobster. pinching is always crappy, as is bending now with the new rules and a nagging injury still hurting with pinch and bending.

V-bar we will see it will depend on a number of factors such as skin and bar state.

grippers no progress for me.

for me the results will be:

1 : Johan

2 : Viktor

3 : Steve

we will see, it will be close in many lifts and also overall of course. I hope we will have live overall scores to see where we are at.

For most people there is not much difference in difficulty between a 7'' and a 7 1/2''. The extra leverage gained by the longer piece is negated to some extent by the fact that the hands are too far apart for maximum stability during the kink.

Let's hope so :)

I won't complain, just telling people not to hope for any wonders ;)

Thanks Swiss. That's how I have it. I'm no way near my top form and have injuries of my own but think I can do well enough across the board for a top three. I will NOT win any single event. But will place and get enough points overall to do well. Worse case, if one or two have come up a notch, is 4th.

Gazza - I can spare some so David Hu is welcome to a cupful ;)

David Ho - if I was crestfallen with my lack of top placings in spite of feeling good I wouldn't come back for more of the same. No one wins all the time and someone has to come 2nd and 3rd. It happens. Better to try and fail etc etc.

Just saw in this thread that I`m listed on the competitors list...

The plane takes off from Varna Airport in Bulgaria at 23:55 on friday. So I won`t be home before 03:00. I haven`t trained for this competition either. But I will come and look after my beauty sleep. :)

Looking forward to meet You! :rock

For those who are interested. :mellow The calibrated grippers strength use on EM: 2,05, 2,38, 2,69, 2,81, 3,00, 3,25, 3,34, 3,54, 3,65 and 3,89. Good Luck!

Arne

What are your predictions for the top 3 in grippers :D

As a Judge I don't know. ;) As a privatperson: maybe Steve, Viktor, Johan or David? Or anyone else

For those who are interested.  :mellow The calibrated grippers strength use on EM: 2,05, 2,38, 2,69, 2,81, 3,00, 3,25, 3,34, 3,54, 3,65 and 3,89. Good Luck!

Hrm, Arne there is no 3.34. The gripper I sent you is 3.38.

For those who are interested.  :mellow The calibrated grippers strength use on EM: 2,05, 2,38, 2,69, 2,81, 3,00, 3,25, 3,34, 3,54, 3,65 and 3,89. Good Luck!

He he! Yes of course! :inno

He he! Yes of course! :inno

Good luck to every competitor!

Well, see ya'll saturday, i'm off to bed, and have a nice drive ahead of me.. Around 900km... Hope to see everyone, and have a blast at the competition!! Good luck!