What Percentage Actually Get Certificates?

gunnaknow

To add my two cents' worth...

I did the KTA early this spring at the end of which I was able to close my 2004 #3 with a parallel set - any time, any place. Wanna posted video for me. Should still be in archive.

Problem was, I could slam it with a parallel set but missed every time with a CC set. I let my gripper-specific training slip a little until recently - was often doing no more than 1 casual gripper workout/week although I remained faithful to the block work.

I'm now able to close my #3 - almost TNS and definitely CC close. Surprised me that I could slack that much and not lose what I'd gained. Plan to hit it harder in a month or so in preperation for cert.

So there's my excuse: KTA got me there and then I was just a lazy ass and let the hassles of life get in the way and delay the inevitable. :-)

Good luck to you all. Ain't this grip addiction a hoot!

I would bet the number of not certified closers is quite high.  Some people just don't care about stuff like that (even though they like grip)  case in point is my brother who can SMOKE the 3 no set but has not taken any steps to get himself certified?!?!?!

I'd guess less than 1/3 of the people that have closed the #3 will certify.

IF that is close?(1/3)That would make the number of 3 closers( a guesstimate at best) somewhere around 500.

I personally know of 4 people(living within 25 miles of me...or closer ;) )who have closed it-3 of them 'no set'-and I'd guess there are quite a few more out there.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2