Weight Loss Journal

SHRUG

SUP guys, I am starting a weight loss journal. In it I will enter my meals as well as my cardio vascular activity log and my body fat percentage (after I get back to school and can use the hydrostatic weighing tank). I will of course also enter my body weight.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 5:15pm: 304lbs

Down from 313lbs about 2 weeks ago. My evening meal will consist of 20 ounces of skim milk and several bonless skinless chicken breasts. I will also have a salad with no dressing. Supplements that will go with this meal will be 6 liver tablets and 6 mass amino tablets, all the supplements I am currently using are Beverly International unless otherwise noted.

Cardio for today was 1 mile of medium paced jogging and 1 mile of fast walking. I will walk an additional 2 miles after my next meal if there is daylight left.

Edited by SHRUG

SUP guys, I am starting a weight loss journal. In it I will enter my meals as well as my cardio vascular activity log and my body fat percentage (after I get back to school and can use the hydrostatic weighing tank). I will of course also enter my body weight.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 5:15pm: 304lbs

Down from 313lbs about 2 weeks ago. My evening meal will consist of 20 ounces of skim milk and several bonless skinless chicken breasts. I will also have a salad with no dressing. Supplements that will go with this meal will be 6 liver tablets and 6 mass amino tablets, all the supplements I am currently using are Beverly International unless otherwise noted.

Cardio for today was 1 mile of medium paced jogging and 1 mile of fast walking. I will walk an additional 2 miles after my next meal if there is daylight left.

Wow, that seems like a lot of milk to be drinking to lose weight.

Oh well, good luck on your diet. I'd add that, if you get hungry, you can eat almost an infinite amount of non-starchy vegetables without gaining weight. In fact, when I made my main meal of the day steamed vegetables and tofu and beans, and stayed away from fatty foods in general, the weight dropped off me incredibly fast. I mean, I could almost see it marching off my body. And I still ate a LOT. It's just that what I ate was incredibly low calorie.

Incredibly healthy, too.

Morning was real crazy with my rehab and all, I was there for like an hour and a half. Anyway here is what I had for lunch:

12 egg whites mixed in skim milk in the blender.

I will be taking liver tablets and amino tablets at 3:00 so that is only like 20 minutes away.

More to come later.

Hey there, nice you are planning to lose some weight. It takes a lot of discipline to stick to the plan, but i'll encourage you J!

Are you eating those eggwhites raw? Í hope not, because that doesn't do much except upset your stomach and getting you some salmonella bacteria...

The eggwhites I had today were raw, I have been drinking raw eggwhites for about the last year and a half and I have never had any problems. I got a little bit of an upset stomach a few times that only lasted like a day but I think I have built up a tolerance to them now and become immune. My dad and I got some raw milk straight from the cow from a farmer friend ours. We did not know that you need to build up a tolerance to this as well and my dad got real sick for like 3 weeks. I had very mild symptoms and was better in like 3 days and the discomfort was very mild.

Raw egg whites contain a protein called Avidin which binds Biotin and inhibits its absorption. An occasional raw egg white is fine but a regular consumption of 12-24 per day is likely to produce a biotin deficiency. Signs of Biotin deficiency include scaly inflammation of the skin and hair loss. Of course the main risk is Salamonella.

Did not eat as many meals as I should have today, I was just to busy doing stuff and did not have time to prepare my meal last night which makes it hard. Anyway my evening meal went like this.

Tuna on a roll with salad and some seasoning. I will have some fruit later as well as a protein shake.

its better to cook the eggwhites and eat the yolk raw or just eat the whole egg raw but the yolk is the best part i often just eat the yolk and throw the whites away

Don't get in too big of a hurry.

It's not a race.

IMHO,Just a pound...pound and a half a week(weight loss)...so you can continue to get stronger at the same time.......there are 52 weeks in a year :D plenty of time......it's not like you got the Mr. Olympia coming up in a few months. :laugh

I'd throw in a big broccoli,romaine lettuce and cabbage salad every day...with some tomatoes and sliced carrots and a dressing made with pure olive oil and a dab of flax oil & vinegar.Get some good fats into the diet.

Also a couple of apples a day would help.You need some fibre and a lot of nutrients in the broccoli.

Thanks for the input Tom, your continued advice in this thread would be greatly appreciated. By the way I have not posted for the last 2 days because I went to Ozz Fest, so that explains why I have not been around. I did not drink a single beer though and I tried to eat as lean as I could but it was not what I normally would have consumed obviously. Anyway I got to go to re-hab now but I will continue the log as soon as I get back with my mid morning meal, later guys.

Thanks for the input Tom, your continued advice in this thread would be greatly appreciated. By the way I have not posted for the last 2 days because I went to Ozz Fest, so that explains why I have not been around. I did not drink a single beer though and I tried to eat as lean as I could but it was not what I normally would have consumed obviously. Anyway I got to go to re-hab now but I will continue the log as soon as I get back with my mid morning meal, later guys.

How was OzzFest?

Congratulations on avoiding the beer. You are a bigger man than me.

;)

Good luck!

Ozz Fest rocked :rock. The best bands in my opinion in order where: Black Label Society, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath. The other bands left something to be desired and Mudvayne absolutely SUCKED! All my buddies were drinking in the parking lot and getting hammered, then they drank even more after they went in. I stayed clear of the stuff and drank several bottles of water.

Ozz Fest rocked :rock. The best bands in my opinion in order where: Black Label Society, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath. The other bands left something to be desired and Mudvayne absolutely SUCKED! All my buddies were drinking in the parking lot and getting hammered, then they drank even more after they went in. I stayed clear of the stuff and drank several bottles of water.

Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden, definitely rule. :mosher