Allright, Rephrased- Starting A Grip Federation

Bob Lipinski

Well, I might be around. I've got a messed up weekend. Just keep me updated.

Jedd,

10 o'clock in the evening in the U.S. will mean it's either 3-6am in the morning here, and I'll be snoozing in bed.

East coast of america is 5 hours behind me.

David

Jedd, I did contact Kevin Fulton once before for you. I am attempting to contact him now also. Haven't been having any luck though. He's had the Super Grip Challenge since 1999. I think we'd be missing out on a great amount of knowledge by keeping him out of the loop on this. He's a COC also and a strong dude.

I'll be leaving town for the weekend as soon as I get off work so a chat session probably wouldn't work for me. Bad timing on my part.

Jedd, I did contact Kevin Fulton once before for you. I am attempting to contact him now also. Haven't been having any luck though. He's had the Super Grip Challenge since 1999. I think we'd be missing out on a great amount of knowledge by keeping him out of the loop on this. He's a COC also and a strong dude.

Ben,

I will search through my PM's and see if I still have the one you sent me with his email, also.

Thanks,

-Jedd-

I still dont know if I like this whole idea. Kinda shuts out the small time guy just trying to host a contest.

Look at the monopoly NASS has. Hell, I tried promoting a strongman contest for next year, and I basically got a lot of, "Well, if you sanctioned it with NASS and people could qualify for nationals, then you might get some serious competitors." This was even wih the possibilty of $5000 in prize money!

I just dont like the idea of people saying, "Well, your contest isnt sanctioned through the "XXX Grip Federation" so it isnt worth going to."

My 2 cents.

-Rick

Rick-

At this point, I don't think any of us are looking at that big of a deal.

If someone wants to put on a contest, just send us some results and if you wanna use similar rules then we will count them as records.

I've been seriously considering putting on a grip meet for some time. I've got the training hall almost complete. I've certainly got plenty of toys. I'm also starting a magazine in Jan devoted to grip, strongman & odd lifts. The regional meets could have a 1 page write up each & the nationals could have a 2 page with pics.

Tentative events

Bending (guess who's stock & rules)

Blob load - five progressive blobs to a bench.

2 pinched 25's for laps around the body

3" FBBC db DL or Inch DB's for reps (I have the 154 & 172)

Grippers

Scale weight DL & Hold. I'll soon have 4 50 lb scale weights, the old kind with the thick half round handles. If you lay them on their sides, it's 100lbs you have to squeeze the hell out of to pick up. Two in each hand, pick up & hold for time.

Maybe in late Sept?

Sounds Awesome John!

The only thing in my mind is that the GGC is Sept. 17.

Is this going to be a different regional meet than that GGC.

If so then it seems that it would work out great, but if not then you may force some competitors to choose which to compete in if they are two consectutive weekends.

Just a thought.

T

It usually takes a month for me to recover strength wise from a big grip competition.

Actually discussed it with my wife & October looks better. Probably mid to late Oct. I'll confirm it with her & then we'll see. That will be better anyway as it'll be nice & cool & if it's cold, I've got a woodburner in the shop. It won't take me any time to get it together, maybe I can talk Big Tony Scrivens into coming down & cooking ribs & such for everybody after the meet.

Might put together some other oddball events for after. Maybe a beer cap crushing max in a minute?

Anybody got a link to a Map so I can see where the heck Indiana is in the US?

-Jedd-

Thanks bro.

-Jedd-