Washers

handgripperman

I was wondering if someone new a place to buy washers that hold grippers to parallel like #2 #3 E #4, etc. ?

I use jubilee clamps to hold my grippers at parallel, there good as you can adjust the width.

I am not familiar with jubilee clamps, what are those? Also, what size washer do you need to choke grippers down to parallel? I presume that there are different sizes depending on what gripper you want to choke. If anyone has info for different grippers, sharing it would be much appreciated. Specifically, I am looking for ones to fit the BBGM, IM#3 and BBE.

Thanks,

pc

I got a pile of washers at:

http://www.mcmaster.com

FAST service.

T!

Hey T, what item number or at least size of washer did you get for each size of gripper? I know the springs are different diameters and that might affect the inner diameter of a washer--am I right?? If you could post these, I'm sure a bunch of guys would get some.

I dont like using hose clamps because I put it on my Hard elite and the hose clamp broke in pieces

I've had my #4s and a world class in a hose clamp and they didn't break but I use 2 clamps on them. One half way on the gripper at the top and one beneath that one I could show you a picture if you are interested.

Edited by patrick

I've been doing the same thing using two hose clamps on anything even slightly harder than a #3. It works.

• 3 weeks later...

i've been using hose clamps for a while and they work wonders.

Could someone with a picture of 2 hose clamps on a gripper direct me to a link? I'm not sure I'm picturing it properly. Thanks.

Could someone with a picture of 2 hose clamps on a gripper direct me to a link?  I'm not sure I'm picturing it properly.  Thanks.

that would go the same for me. i only use one hose clamps. :online

• 2 weeks later...

Muffler clamps also work well, they are adjustable, one holds my 4 easily. They are cheap and readily available. They do chew up the top of your gripper a bit, but all chokers do a little and my 4 is a frankenstein anyway.