Pinch Apparatus Prices

David Horne

Well I got the quote today off the company, which was basically the same as what it had been. Elizabeth has just spent an hour finding the best postal costs via courier companies.

Here are the prices for each country or as in the case of the U.S., part of the country.

You will notice that some prices provided are for more than one set of apparatus. It is much cheaper per item to ship 2 or 3 sets of the equipment to the US than it is to ship just one, so if you can find a friend or two in your area with whom you could share postage, you will be able to get the apparatus more cheaply.

UK

Cheque/cash/Postal order only

2 outer discs only + postage = £40.02

2 outer discs and inner rubber discs + postage = £111.20

FRANCE/GERMANY

Paypal or cash sent at your own risk.

2 outer discs only + postage = £52.21

2 outer discs and inner rubber discs + postage = £124.03

For other european countries, please ask for a quote.

USA (NJ 07000-07999 or NY 10000-10399)

2 outer discs only + postage = £84.06

4 outer discs only + postage = £135.09 (£67.54 each)

6 outer discs only + postage = £187.27 (£62.42 each)

2 outer discs and inner rubber discs + postage = £168.20

4 outer discs and inner rubber discs + postage = £204.92 (£102.46 each)

USA (all other areas)

2 outer discs only + postage = £106.62

4 outer discs only + postage = £161.29 (£80.64 each)

6 outer discs only + postage = £213.60(£71.20 each)

2 outer discs and inner rubber discs + postage = £193.07

4 outer discs and inner rubber discs + postage = £230.63 (£115.31 each)

AUSTRALIA

2 outer discs only + postage = £126.16

4 outer discs only + postage = £207.24 (£103.62 each)

6 outer discs only + postage = £286.38(£95.46 each)

2 outer discs and inner rubber discs + postage = £230.21

4 outer discs and inner rubber discs + postage = £312.44 (£156.22 each)

David:

I have a few questions please:

For a complete setup - all I need is 2 disks and the inner rubber disks, right? You are just saying 4 outer disks in case somebody wants 2 setups, right?

Does this come with the pipe for in the middle?

Thanks

Smitty,

Yes, all you need is the outer 2 discs and inner rubber spacers. I'm sure you will have a length of 2" tube/rod, and collars to fasten. Adding these brings the price up even further, especially the bloody postage!

Our middle bar is 30" long.

The 4 and 6 outer disc only prices are for those who want to club together just for these items, hence making it cheaper for each pair.

David

What's the diameter of the discs?

how wide are the rubber spacers and how many are used? As id like to purchase one of these but the price shoots up when the rubber spacers are added and i might be able to get hold of some rubber that size.

The rubber spacers are either 10mm or 6mm thick and you can add as many as you require to get to the thickness you want. Save yourself money as well by coming to pick them up, you're only down in Birmingham, yes?

David

yeah im in birmingham, where abouts are you then your not far according to the map.

ahh thats not too far then, ill have to see what my money situation is like, just paid for my holiday :). How long are you going to be selling them for.

I don't know how long really. Just trying to help the organisers get some Pinch apparatus for their comps.

David,

Please put a aside a pair of discs for me. I'll set up the PayPal thing and order them in about a months time. For anyone considering buying a pair, please add the Euro standard one hand lift handle as it would basically be shipped for free (I would guess). Could you please give us a quote for a handle to be included as well. Would its addition bump up the postage David?

It will be cheaper to send the handle seperately, and also it may damage the plates if sent with them.

David

Cost of the One Hand Lift Handle

£18

Postage costs

UK £5.50

Europe £6.50

USA and Rest of the World £12.50

David

I don't understand the set-up of this can someone please explain it or post a pic.

Take a look in the gallery - subcategory: Europeans 2004!

Ok I see pinch part is that one disc or 5?

What is all the talk of spacers and discs?do they hace to have a certain distance from the weight to ensure balance?

In that photo there are 6 discs, the two outer steel discs and 4 rubber discs inside. You can widen or lessen the thickness by adding or taking away discs inside.

The discs are always centred on the bar.

David,

Do I get 4 rubber disks with this setup?

USA (all other areas)

2 outer discs and inner rubber discs + postage = £193.07

Also - are 4 rubber disks used in competition?

In a given competition any number of rubber discs can be used. Assume one competitor wants 52mm width. You would load the bar with 4X10mm rubber spacer, which together with the two 6mm steel discs would make around 52mm. If someone wants 62mm you would need yet another 10mm rubber disc.

Smitty,

You actually get 6 inner rubber discs. 4 @ 10mm and 2 @ 6mm, combined with the outside two discs being 6mm each gives a possible total of 64mm thickness (just over 2 1/2").

David

One question: to record official lifts can you use something different than the rubber discs between the two metal discs?

One question: to record official lifts can you use something different than the rubber discs between the two metal discs?

In my view no (although you would not need the rubber spacers David can provide, any good quality rubber spacer would do). Rubber yields very slightly, which means that the steel plates will not be perfectly parallel. The width will be a tiny bit greater at the bottom compared to where you grip them. This makes the lift a fraction harder. With a solid piece of wood for example, the width where you grip the plates could be either less than the nominal width (if the wooden spacer (s) does not have perfectly parallel sides), the same as the nominal width, or wider than the nominal width (for the same reasons as the first example). Thus, the chance is that the lift will be slightly, slightly easier with a wooden spacer than with a rubber one which will yield ever so slightly to the pressure you apply.