Trying To Close #2....still Can't

Davek

Looking for a new routine to help me close my #2. I am about .5inches off...sometimes only .25inches from shutting it. I have a T,#1,#2 Grippers and the elastic bands from iron mind. Any help? Looking for a change of pace. O by the way I weigh 140lbs, can close #1 pretty easy.

you might want to try the high volume thing

You may want to get a slightly heavier gripper.

I would suggest a Supermaster.

It may be a little more than slightly harder, but if you work with it for a while, your #2 will get easier and easier until you hear that sweet little click!

T

yeah id go with getting a couple of inbetween grippers and slowly work your way up to #2

I have a six day cycle. Use #1 on day one....do, sets of 5 throughout the day......on day #2 I use my trainer.......same thing...............on day 3 i use iron minds rubber bands................then repeat, and after 6 days I take a day off.. Wish they made a 1.5gripper!

I have a six day cycle.  Use #1 on day one....do, sets of 5 throughout the day......on day #2 I use my trainer.......same thing...............on day 3 i use iron minds rubber bands................then repeat, and after 6 days I take a day off.. Wish they made a 1.5gripper!

Do a search for JAG. Theres a way to MAKE a 1.5 gripper!

I recently closed my #2 after being stuck at about 1/4=1/8" away for several weeks. I took 1 week off to rest a strained tendon and then I used a standard 1 day on, 1 day off routine. I also purchased a Beef Builders Master gripper which I could close on the first day. I would arm up with 1 rep from each gripper (as much as I could close each of the harder ones anyway) and then did 3 max attempts on the #2 with a 3 minute rest period between attempts. Then I used the #1 for 5 holds of between 5-10 seconds each, with a 3 minute rest period between attempts. Then the next day I took off for rest and repeated this process every other day. After the 5 day on I was able to close my #2 for the first time. I have been using that method for about 6 weeks now and I can rep my #2 for 12 reps and I am about 1/16" away from closing my BBSM.

Hope that helps.

pc

pork chop that's excellent progress! congrats!

davek, feel free to read my blog to see how i've been training, i am now within 1/2" of the #3 and as of a month ago closed my #2 for the first time

and closed my BBSM's right out of the package.

look into the JAG, i would also recomment buying some heavier grippers for heavy negatives, and also taking it cool maybe working 4 days a week or even 3, but good work on using the bands, extensors are VERY important

UWBodyBuilder, Thanks! Sounds like you are making great progress yourself!

I forgot to mention that I also do thumb and index finger pinches for negatives and 10 second holds with a clamp that I bought from home depot for $3 and the expand your hands bands from IM.

UWBB is right, don't neglect your extensors!

pc

Edited by porkchop

• 2 weeks later...

I know its a hard thing to do, but a good break can do wonders, Remember your body gets stronger when we rest not when we are working out all the time.

I mashed the #1 straight away and worked on the #2 for 2 months and was almost there, I stopped training 2 weeks before my wedding and then closed it for the first time on my honeymoon! :D

Thanks guys.  Just picked up the go really grip machine too

You sir, have just made possibly the smartest purchase for your crushing grip that you could have made. I prefer the BB myself, but who gives a shit about brands, just crush the ever living hell out of that machine and it won't let you down.

• 3 weeks later...

you can train with blocks and pinch grip using your thumg and the last two fingers. this really helps. and yeah go cheat shut and hold with one hand for about 5 to 8 seconds.

edit: and if you have a thick bar, use it. if you only have a normal dumbel then add a tape around the dumbel until it forms at least 2.5 inch thick.

Edited by Alawadhi

I know its a hard thing to do, but a good break can do wonders, Remember your body gets stronger when we rest not when we are working out all the time.

I mashed the #1 straight away and worked on the #2 for 2 months and was almost there, I stopped training 2 weeks before my wedding and then closed it for the first time on my honeymoon!  :D

Maybe you should have been squeezing something else on your honeymoon?? :):)

Man we are all hooked...

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/12 I was more than 1/4 inch from closing the #1. As of yesterday, about 3 weeks later, I'm 1/8 inch from closing the #2. I'm pretty sure that's because of doing negatives. First on the #2, then throwing in some on the #3, though I couldn't get the #3 in very far of course.

The very day after I first tried a negative on the #2, I suddenly was able to close it far more than before. I've only been doing negs for a week and a half.

I'd definitely say you might do very well to go for a stronger gripper or two to shock your muscles into adapting quickly.

Try KTA it may bring you to the #3!!