I'm Going For It

burner

To the Gripboard,

Just wanted everyone to know that tomorrow I will be calling IRONMIND to set up the certification date for the RED nail certification. I will keep this post updated with the date and time of my attempt. For those of you who helped me get to this point you know who u are. The attempt will be video taped and posted as soon as possible. Public thanks will come when my cert is verified. Just to give u all an idea of where I'm at. I currently bend reds with leather in under 15 seconds and I knock em down with IM pads in around 20 - 25 seconds. I hope I can do the board proud and join that very very elite list of the best benders in the world. :rock

Peace,

Sean Sparandero

AKA: burner

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• burner

• FrankyBoy

• GatorGrip

• Lyle

Sean you are machine and I am sure you will do yourself and the whole board proud. We all gain from the experience of others in some way here.

I will be watching for your name on the Ironmind Red Nail List and congratulations in advance my bending brother! :mosher

KILL IT & Make IM see RED!:rock

Good to hear you're going for it, Burner! I'm sure you'll do well with getting those reds in the times that you've listed, so do us proud and get that certification!

VeGripper

great job and i wish you the best on your cert. kill that red

gl on certifying and bend that red, burner. :mosher

Man I Wish I had never met you in chat! :laugh

Just awesome!

With your power that cert will be very easy.

Make me proud! :happy

Nail it!

Best of luck, looking forward to seeing that video.

Dax

BURNER DID YOU BEND ANY WITH THE IRONMIND PADS I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH HARDER IT IS THANKS AND GOOD LUCK :D

Man I Wish I had never met you in chat!  :laugh

Just awesome!

With your power that cert will be very easy.

Make me proud!  :happy

haha, Burner maybe after this you can teach Franky a thing or two about bending :laugh

Just kidding...

-Jon

Burner's a big bad dude with a heart of gold. Nail it Sean!!! :rock

Much like riding a bike, once you nail the red you will have the confidence and know-how to always do it. Good luck brother.

Mike

Edited by mmainlands

Hey Guys,

The office was closed yesterday for the holiday, but I got a hold of them today. The customer service rep said that Dr. Strossen should be calling me within 3 to 4 days.

THE RAGE IS BUILDING!!! :mosher:mosher

burner

Edited by burner

congrats burner it's great to see a fellow gripboard member knocking down a red, this gripboard should be called home of the Red Nails :laugh:laugh

Good luck! :bow

Just a quick update and some useful information.

I'm still waiting for strossen to call me, it's only been a couple of days. But i've been implementing some information from red nail benders that have taken me in my opinion to another level with my cert times. Most of you probably already know these things, I'm always the last to find things out. :(

anyway here they are: chalk up the IM pads on both sides, wrap them very very tight by having someone pull on the other end as you roll up the bar, drop a bunch of powder where the nail will sit before you start the roll, wrap one end at a time and hold it in place with a rubberband, put the nail down and get your head right, practice having someone cut the bands off the wraps right before you hit the bar ( if wrapped tight you should not have a problem with this), turn up the music and destroy!!!!!!! :flame

by implementing ALL of these techniques I have taken my red nail bends with IM wraps from 20 -25 sec. to 11 seconds!!!

using some or all of these things will definitely make your quest for the red a reality,

Once again, the wealth of information and desire to improve on this gripboard is second to none!:mosher:mosher

............countdown to the RED

Peace,

burner

Hell yeah, Burner!!

It took Strossen nearly 3 weeks to get back to me, and then I couldn't meet the witness for another 2 weeks, so for the time being,

just keep practicing, and don't hurt yourself.

:mosher

Rock on Sean, it's a done deal.

Strossen is traveling to about a million different weightlifting competitions, so it might be a while before you hear from him, but all the best of luck to you when it is time!

-Jedd-