Grip And Forearm Training

Nitro

To start off I'm new to the board.Alot of great info here and learned Alot by doing some searches.For some reason I always wanted strong hands,forearms and grip.I began doing wrist curls as my only forearm excercise at the gym.I didn't really focus on forearms that much.I never had trouble with grip in the gym other then doing shrugs.I have pretty strong traps so I was holding alot of weight and that was the only time I had trouble with my grip. Right now I started getting into grip training.I bought an Ivanko supergripper and made a wrist roller.I've been doing alot of reading about grip strength and forearm development and my interest in it has skyrocketed.Lately I temporarily gave up my schedule going to the gym.I'm more focused on grip and forearm right now.My goal is to build massive forearms AND have crushing grip strength.I was wondering if my current workout would be enough to build strength and size.

I first do the supergripper.1st set is warmup.2nd set is 8 reps.3rd set is 6 reps.4th set is 4 reps.5th set is 2 reps.All sets going up in resistance.

Then I do stand up wrist roller up and down with heavy weights.I also do it behind my back standing on a chair.I add weight to each set and by the 4th set i do it until I can no longer roll it up or move my hand.My forearms are really pumped and burned after that. After a 2 minute rest I get the gripper and squeeze it until I can no longer even completely close my warm up setting one rep.

I also work my pinch grip holding 2 weights together and do pushups on my finger tips too.

I rest for about 5-7 days and repeat.

I was doing wrist curls and reverse wrist curls too but I figured my current workout would be enough.

So what do you think? Will this workout that I'm doing now build size to my forearms AND give me crushing grip strength?

Edited by Nitro

It's just my opinion but I think you're going at it all backwards. A good whole body workout will develop more size and strength than ANY forearm workout ever thought of - even in the forearms. Growth is about hormones etc and keeping it simple - big compound movements like squats, deadlifts, bench, cleans and whatever will cause more growth than any or all lower arm exercises. I don't know this as a fact but I'd bet money that every man on this board that does all the so called world class grip feats is also pretty darn strong overall. My advice is sure, keep doing your forearm stuff - but don't quit squats, deads and other heavy overall movements. I'm also a big believer in levering - I think it is the best insurance against injury in grip training. Especially the rotation movements. You might also check out David Hornes workout for people starting out in grip training. Luck to you!