Where Does An Rb 260n Stand In Comparison

GatorGrip

Where does an RB 260N stand in comparison to the other grippers.

Ironmind Captains of Crush Grippers

Heavy Grippers

PDA-SOS Grippers

I am just curious to know where this gripper stands in forced required to close or difficulty compared to some of the others.

I tried the search with no good results - So don't waste my time nor anyone else’s with one of those "Why Don't You Try The Search Before Asking" asinine comments which a couple of you out there seem to love to plaster to your comrades posts. (you know who you are!) :angry:

I would rather have several replies from my fellow Gripsters that can give their opinion on their gripper or knowledge so I can get an average strength guestimation. :help

The more opinions the better - thanks my fellow Grispters :D

If Greg's is about a 2.7, then those RB grippers really do vary! Mine is at least as tough as my 3s, maybe slightly more (I haven't closed either of them, but I've gotten my IM 3s a good deal closer than the RB260!)

I've got respect for those that can crush the 260 :bow

VeGripper

If Greg's is about a 2.7, then those RB grippers really do vary!  Mine is at least as tough as my 3s, maybe slightly more (I haven't closed either of them, but I've gotten my IM 3s a good deal closer than the RB260!)

I've got respect for those that can crush the 260  :bow

VeGripper

Ryan is yours the Narrow??? the Narrow is easier than the normal RB260

I'm screwed!!! Like I mentioned earlier GatorGrip, I purchased 4 RB's thinking all would fall between my IM 2 & 3 and during last weeks post a multitude of guys came out and assurred my that my 240n / 240 w / 260 n and 260 wide will ALL be harder than my IM #3. Hmmmmm now I gotta find a nice frame for these black handled grippers. No way ... "Persistence prevails when all else fails". I'm gonna start crushing on the 9" extensions WT made me until I close these bad boys. I suppose I shouldnt get my panties in a wad until the RB's arrive and I try them.

Later The Norwegian Titan (Now its 1:21 am Florida time)

This RB260 Narrow question was asked because the gripper came to me as a test run from a former soldier friend. I received it in the mail today and I had to force myself not to tear the box to shreds like a kid on Christmas right there at the mailbox. So I did the next best thing without losing all 3 of my cool points-I did a speed walk across the grass and think God it rained yesterday because I could have started a wildfire. :laugh

Well I got it in the kitchen for a knife but my hands tore it open as I was walking over to the drawer.

I took hold of it in my right hand of 7" whole inches and gave her a squeeze like I paid for it. To my amazement I torqued it down to probably a hair less that 1/8" so I let the dogs out and as I stood there I kept trying to see if it was an illusion but I kept getting it down to about 1/8th until my strength started going and of course the 1/8" turn to 1/4" so I quit while I was ahead.

So I wanted to make sure it was more than an IM #2 because this was the first Robert Baraban Gripper I had ever really seen and touched.

It is good to find out you may not be as weak as you think you are!

Thanks for the incoming replies guys-keep them coming it only helps to repair my ego from that Red Bend gone bad. :blush

GATOR

Greg,

I totally forgot that RB does the narrow spread grippers, too - I bought mine some time ago, and I don't even know if the narrow spreads were available at that time (well over a year ago). Mine have some beastly spreads on them, wider than any other grippers I own. That probably explains it for mine being so damned tough!

Just thought I'd post a link to a pic of 2 of my RBs (that are currently en route to GatorGrip) as far as spread difference. Keep in mind, the 240 isn't considered a "narrow" but just happened to come a far narrower than the 260:

RB Spread Pic

A good difference in the spread on these - the 260 is the widest gripper I own (and set really high), where the 240 has a slightly narrower spread than most of my other grippers and is set much lower. I'd measure the spreads, but I've already sent them out!

VeGripper

:D

Just thought I'd post a link to a pic of 2 of my RBs (that are currently en route to GatorGrip) as far as spread difference.  Keep in mind, the 240 isn't considered a "narrow" but just happened to come a far narrower than the 260:

RB Spread Pic

A good difference in the spread on these - the 260 is the widest gripper I own (and set really high), where the 240 has a slightly narrower spread than most of my other grippers and is set much lower.  I'd measure the spreads, but I've already sent them out!

VeGripper

Holy Smokes!

Those are the famed Black Ops grippers :fear that sneak up on an unsuspecting gripster and wail that ego good. Thanks for the trust and proactive generosity to let me take a whack at those RB bad boys. ( I didn’t even ask, now that is a friend folks!)

Your kindness never ceases to amaze me Ryan. You are sowing seeds that will come back to you one day 7 fold, pressed down, shaken together and overflowing.

You are building Great Grip Karma so you will slam that #3 and the Red someday soon I pray but have no doubt about those two nemesis’s falling in the future. I expect the first to fall will no doubt be that old Red Nail. :rock

I've seen a RB260 which is easier than an easy 3# - it was around a 2,7. My Rb260 is a 3,2 perhaps. Another RB260 was harder like a 3,3....

I've seen a RB260 which is easier than an easy 3# - it was around a 2,7. My Rb260 is a 3,2 perhaps. Another RB260 was harder like a 3,3....

There we go again! Those mutant RB grippers that are running around. What year, or how old is that RB260 of yours that is a 3.2?? Do you consider that normal, or is normal a 2.7??

If'n I order me one in the next month or so (RB210) it better be harder than a #2, but not no beast #3 or some flimsy trainer!!

Edited by LAHotSauce

Those are the famed Black Ops grippers  that sneak up on an unsuspecting gripster and wail that ego good. Thanks for the trust and proactive generosity to let me take a whack at those RB bad boys. ( I didn’t even ask, now that is a friend folks!)

Your kindness never ceases to amaze me Ryan. You are sowing seeds that will come back to you one day 7 fold, pressed down, shaken together and overflowing.

You are building Great Grip Karma so you will slam that #3 and the Red someday soon I pray but have no doubt about those two nemesis’s falling in the future. I expect the first to fall will no doubt be that old Red Nail.

Where did that neat-o black ops smilie come from??? I couldn't even copy it.

RL

There we go again! Those mutant RB grippers that are running around. What year, or how old is that RB260 of yours that is a 3.2?? Do you consider that normal, or is normal a 2.7??

If'n I order me one in the next month or so (RB210) it better be harder than a #2, but not no beast #3 or some flimsy trainer!!

Be clear that there's a significant difference between the RB260N (narrow spread) and the RB260 (wide spread). Expect the RB260N to be in the 2.6-2.7 range and the RB260 to be around 3.2-3.3.

The RB210 (wide spread) should be harder than the 2. I estimate mine to be around 2.4-2.5.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an RB210 wide and its a hard gripper id probably rate it about a 2.6-2.7, be some time before im crushing it.

I recently acquired a newer RB260N via a trade. I put it at 2.75. It is a tad easier than my Grand Master. The Grand Master is significantly easier than my 2004 #3.

Hubgeezer

My RB 210 (Black & Chrome) is a tad harder than my #2 maybe a 2.1 or 2.2?

My RB 240 is a little under my #3.

BTW I find the knurling on the RB's to be superior to the IM CoC's, it seems finer but more "grippy" what do fellow RB owners think?

I have several RB's and I find the knurling to be slightly different that IM's but I don't have a preference between the two. However, my HG's could certainly benefit from less slippery knurling.

.. neilkaz ..