What ONE Feat Of Grip Would You Choose?

Sybersnott

The Inch dumbbell would be tempting, but I'd covet a rafter chin-up even more. I'd probably be the heaviest guy to have performed one. If I am allowed to go into absolute fantasy land: One-hand rafter chin-ups.

Hello Everybody,

A feat of strength that not many seem to recognize but is in fact more prestidious than the Inch, closing a no.3 (or a 4), lifting the Apollon Wheels etc, is one only Ronnie Tait has ever done. Granted it's his pet lift but it is extremely hard and has NEVER been duplicated.

Ronnie's lift was to pinch lift lever 90lbs using a a brick as the pinching portion of the lift and a series of small weights added to this via a steel rod. The total weight bolted on was 90lbs and NO ONE has ever done this except Ronnie. Ronnie used to place it on a bottle and balance it there so it isn't a matter of just lifting the thing to do the lift. David Horne told me that it was ridiculous and that he coudn't even budge it!

Ronnie was featured in the September issure of Iron Grip Magazine and is still bending nails at 85 years old. He is a Strongman and his feats are exceptional.

If I could do just one grip feat it would be this.

Nick

I want to lift John Grün's (Marx) two original challenge dumbbells next time I'm visiting Luxembourg. I hope I can visit Luxembourg early this summer.  

Read more about them here:

Arne,

Don't forget to get some pics of that when you get there!!

Nick McKinless,

Man, where have you been?  Glad to have you back on this forum!!  You've missed some great topics!!  :D

Guest farm&fire

Hey AnimalCage, if you want to make a more lasting impression on the young boys you should go for a feat involving pulverising small round objects :p  I think if you could crush a walnut or potato in your hand it would really give the potential courters something to worry about.

I like the squeezing water from a stone trick, or squeezing a lump of coal into a diamond. My grip 'fantasy' would be to be able to take any object handed to me and crush/pulverize/deform it by squeezing with one hand.

Cheers,

B.Raps

B.,

True, any feat that is impressive-looking should do the trick.  I kinda like the sound a phone book makes when it is torn.  I need to learn to do it slowly, deliberately, while staring deep into their eyes.  Of course, then my daughter would slap me, and I'd cringe and say in a nasal tone "Ow!  What'd ya do that for?"  As they walked out the door, she would be telling him how my face turns purple when I try to bend small nails, and they'd have a good laugh.  I know her, she'll totally ruin the effect.  Women!  (Sorry, Elizabeth!)