Crushing Apples With Your Hands.

Gluteus Maximus

:) It is.

I had to look twice for the potato squish.

Hey, I read Brookfield doesn't do much with the grippers- has his own caveman program. Hodge started with the apples and pliers back when he was in college, in the 50's- no grippers back then [i don't think.] There must be something to the rugged stuff. I think it worth investigating. :online

The most amazing stuff I have ever seen. Does he have a video out? Is he a member of the gripboard? Where does he live? I want to go to his house to have him squeeze my hand and break it just to say I had it broken by him.

What has he done on the Coc's? I'm still in awe....................

Are people crushing apples with puree strength, or is "sauce" involved? I sense there is a "juice" connection if you seed what I mean. :whistel

:mellow

They can't do that.

:angry:To hell with Rick Flair! :angry:

I wish I would have been there. Limb from limb man, limb from limb.

I can't knock HHH too much though- He's got a hell of a way with women. :shifty

I'm a wrestling fan and can't tell if you're serious or not, but come on! This was staged!

:) C'mon man, yeah I was kidding. I would still beat down Rick Flair, though- just out of principle. :cool

I'm a Dan Hodge fan. :D

the brookfield video is awesome

Did you watch all three? :D

:online I watched the two you had in your post. No offense to Paul Doire; I commented on Brookfield's because his included the potato. ;)

I believe I read an article somewhere by John Brookfield and he said if you can close a COC #2 you have the strength to crush and apple, but the feeling would be and is quite different.

Are people crushing apples with puree strength, or is "sauce" involved? I sense there is a "juice" connection if you seed what I mean.  :whistel

:mellow

Old juice tends to be bitter. < <

You should go see Hodge. Even at 72, I'm sure he'd make a connection. :whacked

the brookfield video is awesome

Did you watch all three? :D

:online I watched the two you had in your post. No offense to Paul Doire; I commented on Brookfield's because his included the potato. ;)

I mentioned all three because there are actually 3 Brookfield clips in the gallery, on pages 2-3, I think. I think they're all entertaining and worth watching, especially the first two. :cool

Edited by ryaneverk2

I think theres a big difference in how you crush the apple. If you dig your finger tips into it, apples are stupid easy. HOwever, When I grasp an apple in the palm of my hand, and wrap both my thumb and fingers all the way around it, I find it close to impossible, that it, applying the pressure with my finger print/pads area not finger tips. Anyone else agree?

Yes. Totally different.

:blush By the way, I know the title has 'apple' in it; but Hodge would also break pliers with one hand. Any comments on that? :unsure

Edited by Gluteus Maximus

For Oldguy's apple crushing certification, apples from the same branch of the tree are used so everyone starts with a level orchard. :whistel

The most amazing stuff I have ever seen.

He is even MORE amazing in person! I met him a the 2004 AOBS.

Does he have a video out?
Yes. The kettlebells are the most recent I believe.
Is he a member of the gripboard?

No, not that I know of.

Where does he live?
Pinehurst, NC
I want to go to his house to have him squeeze my hand and break it just to say I had it broken by him.

You're sick! :help

What has he done on the Coc's?
He's the 2nd certified Captain Of Crush. He has closed the #4 with one finger assisting.
I'm still in awe....................

I haffta admit - I am too! :happy

Dude,

Brookfield's site is http://www.samsonscroll.com where you can find videos and such, not to mention his books.

He also does "Grip Tips" on the Ironmind site.

I agree..... I've watched those clips many times, and I'm still in awe. :D:help

I showed it to some of my friends and they can't believe it either. Ryan u get that Ivanko SG yet? If so how has it been, worth the money?

I showed it to some of my friends and they can't believe it either. Ryan u get that Ivanko SG yet? If so how has it been, worth the money?

sending PM... :cool

• 9 months later...

What is the "proper" way to cush and apple or potatoe? Driving the fingertips in or wrapping your fingers around and squeezing?

The first way is rediculous with apples, but the second method is very difficult.