Jeffreys Grip Training

turtlefiend

I got my grippers about a week ago. I bought all of the COC grippers. Out of the box I could close the guide, sport, trainer, and 1. I'm not really sure what kind of routine I should get into, there are so many suggestions on this site, I've spent a great deal of time reading them.

I've been working with them every other day. I start by doing reps on the trainer, not many, just to warm up, I guess. Really, I don't know how it works. I've been lifting weights for about two years, so I've tried to just do it like I would with anything else. Start out really light to warm up, then move to moderate "weight" for as many reps as I can. I usually finish by trying to close the #2(which is my goal... for now)I tried doing negatives with the 2, because that seems to be a very popular subject with grippers, but once I remove my other hand, it just springs right open. The closest I've gotten on the 2 is down to maybe 1/2 an inch. Once last thing. I've watched a lot of videos, but just don't get the whole setting thing, it seems to me I should just pick up the friggin' things and try to crush them. Most likely, I'm wrong.

I'm about 6' , 180 or 190 and my hands are 7 3/4''. Any advice is appreciated.

do your self a favor just order kta and save some time i have had grippers for about 2 years and stumbled on this board i did them here and there and was 1/4 from close on a hard no 3 now after all that time seem like everyone getting kta is closing the 3 so i got it and will begin it in one more week and hope to pass the 3 and go on to__________? :whistel

Good luck turtlefiend.

Check out sybersnott's stuff.

:rock

Edited by Gluteus Maximus

Good luck turtlefiend.

Check out sybersnott's stuff.

:rock

Where would I find it at?

The best thing you can do for yourself is to get KTA!!!

The sooner the better. I went from closing the #1 to closing the #3 on it. Case closed!!

I started the Gripboard on 9/27, KTA a few weeks later. In January here is what KTA did for me:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=1652

Sold yet?

Edited by pdoire

The sooner the better. I went from closing the #1 to closing the #3 on it. Case closed!!

I started the Gripboard on 9/27,  KTA a few weeks later. In January here is what KTA did for me:

Sold yet?

Thanks for the information. What exactly is KTA?

I started the Gripboard on 9/27,  KTA a few weeks later. In January here is what KTA did for me:

Sold yet?

It is the answer to your gripping goals. Here is the link:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=3319

Sold yet?

It is the answer to your gripping goals. Here is the link:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=3319

Are you in any way affiliated with KTA? If not, it must be friggin awesome.

You should sell cars.

OK, I read about KTA. Is there any way that I can get a hard copy of it?

I'm not entirely comfortable with the way it works.

Edited by turtlefiend

I am only affiliated with KTA from my use and good results from it and finding out about it from this great board. No you cannot get a hard copy, but for the price of a gripper you can get something that is worth the price of a hundred grippers. It is protected by the author and Admin of this board and rightly so. It is available in e-book format only. Buy it!

The proceeds help support this board that you are learning about grip on!

Edited by pdoire

I am only affiliated with KTA from my use and good results from it and finding out about it from this great board. No you cannot get a hard copy, but for the price of a gripper you can get something that is worth the price of a hundred grippers. It is protected by the author and Admin of this board and rightly so. It is available in e-book format only. Buy it!

The proceeds help support this board that you are learning about grip on!

I just finished reading gottabends story of using it, it really seems like it would work, and I haven't heard any negative words about it. I guess it would be my best bet.

You will not only be strong..but apparently smart too.

Steve is doing great with KTA, as many others have.

Steve=Gottabend

P.S. I do sell something I sell mortgages....and apparently KTA..but for very different reasons!!!!!....lol

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered BB Super Advance and Super Master today.

I guess, aside from paddle balling the 2, I'll try to close the super master. Is it hard? Also, I'm learning a lot. Strap holds are my best friend. I guess I should post my routine.

3-5 attempts on goal(usually 5)

3 strapholds w/ 10 or 15 lbs. on 1.

2-3 negatives on 3

My last exercise is kind of weird. I have a power rack, with a high/low pulley attachment. I set the pins about waist height and put the bar on them, all the way to the back. I can then use the low pulley standing with a short, straight bar attachment, crushing the pulley handle into the racked bar. I'm cheap, it's sort of like a ghetto Go-Really grip machine.

I do 3 of these.

Is this too much?

I do this routine 2 days in a row, then pinch on my Titans Telegraph Key, then take a day off.

I got a big rock the other day. My brother went camping and brought it back. It's like 3 1/2 inches wide at the top and weighs 30 lbs.

I thought I could use it to work on pinch. It's really rough on my hands, 100X rougher than the grippers.

Closed the 2 for all 5 attempts the other day, still waiting on the super master.

Keep going on the #2, you'll have that BB super master in no time ;)

Thanks for the encouragement. :D

Closed 2 w/ paddle ball between handles, not as hard as I thought it would be. Still waiting on BB grippers to arrive.

I finally found a place to buy some chalk yesterday, so I did pinch last night. Managed to get my 40 lb. dumbell off the ground by the end.

Got BBSA and BBSM yesterday, closed BBSM to about a quarter inch.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to rip a deck of cards in half today. Ridiculously hard. I think I should look to see if there is some sort of technique before I try again. The most I could do at once was like 20.

Got BBSA and BBSM yesterday, closed BBSM to about a quarter inch.

great job, take that BBSM down and look up some articles to help you on technique for ripping cards.

Thanks for the link to the article and the support. I think my hands are just too weak to rip a deck right now. It's the initial tear thats a mystery. Dropped strapholds out of my routine and filed my 2.

Now my routine is like:

5 attempts on goal

3 sets to failure on hardest gripper i can rep(2 righty, SA lefty)

3 negatives each hand(3 right, SM left)

3 sets on ghetto grip machine

Thinking of dropping pinch out all together until I get where I want to be with crush.

I think grip may be something I have real potential in, it seems to be coming pretty naturally.