Folding Nails

mikebuck

I don't think people care about beating you in a comp.  Hell,  most probably don't even care about competing.  We are hear to learn and spend time in  a pursuit we all enjoy: Grip. 

Couldn't have said it better. I don't compete in grip as of now, and it may never happen - everything I do is just me against the steel (bending, pinching, grippers, etc.) and I compete against myself purely to best my old PRs. Competition only means something if that's your game, but for most of us, we'll just keep training in our own place for the sheer fun of conquering something new that we've never done before. If using one style make you happy and you accomplish new things, more power to you - this isn't rocket science after all, it's grip work.

VeGripper

Welcome to Groundhog Day. . . .

I knew this thread would wind up like several other past "folding/bending" discussions. . .if "discussion" is the correct definition :blink .

FAIR DINKUM! the suggestion of having a separate forum for this issue might just have some merit.

I can't wait for the circular arguments to begin . . .and out of morbid curiosity I'll keep checking on this thread until it eventually gets locked (as I'm sure it will).

David

NB: The phrase "fair dinkum" can be substituted with "Shesh" for all you non-aussies :D

Edited by gripmaniac

By God Greg I hope you accept this challenge and squeeze some of the cockiness out of those self-proclaimed bending purists. Of course you will never win fair and square in their eyes because again you may not have used their style. Better yet use thier style and whoop thier ass at thier own game!

Why don't you step up to the challenge yourself and all the rest of you who complain so bitterly that I don't fancy your precious DO bending. Many of you would beat me in bending if DO is allowed and you should (I would hope) be able to use this hand and wrist strength to pulversive me in an allround grip competition. I am more than willing to travel to DieselCrew's GGC next year to give you all a glorious opportunity to prove a point. I am 42 years old and weigh 180lbs. Sweet victory is at hand for you all.

You know what Mr. Siversson I use DU style and I can also bend DO style. It has only taken me 50 days to go from a beginning bend of a Green Nail to Grade 5s. I will bend a Red Nail before the year is out you can bank on that. If you are 42 years old then by God your old enough to know exactly what your doing when you say things to instigate a needless argument, but you seem to get off on causing these threads to spiral out of control and end up locked. I have read your input on several posts where you seem to get schoolgirl giddy over making this simple bending style preference into some kind of martyrdom act for you. Grow the hell up man as for a challenge if that is what your seeking so be it, just ask how many people are going to be at the next event you are at. You don't have to try to pull people there by insulting their style and honor just to go up against you.

If I am not in the sand box (IRAQ) or the U.S. Army lets me have leave during that time frame I would love to meet you in competition or out back which ever you prefer, I think the latter apparently because you seem to try to make this thing real personal.

I have bent many more men than steel bars thus far so take that in whatever way you want.

See anyone can make this personal and insulting by insinuation. Hell I bet if I try hard enough I could even rival you in your record of locking threads for kicks.

There is an old saying that children used to be taught: "If you can't say nothing nice then don't say anything at all". I think this applies here on the grip board as well as life in general. Words can either be instructive, constructive or destructive only your mind, character and tongue (keyboard) control that.

Maybe this is how you keep yourself motivated, get people wanting to beat you so will have the incentive to train harder to try to prevent that from happening.

You want to bury the hatchet with this I am sure everyone involved would be more than willing to forgive and forget for the sake of moving on and would rather you share positive aspects of your accomplishments in the grip strength world. Only you can make that choice for yourself.

:blink Is this Days Of Our LIves or grip training can't we all get along. Some ways are harder for some and easier for others. No matter who bends it if the steel isn't straight in the end no matter how it got there it's bent at least the last time I compared a piece before a bend and after.