Just Started Tearing Things!

thanatopsis

I just started tearing things in two yesterday... Clay's phonebook post inspired me! I tore 3x 1/2 catalogs from work. Thats about 3/4" thick and it's really heavy duty paper. I'd like to try a whole catalog fresh once my forearm muscles recover... they are way sore! I don't think I've ever had a better forearm workout in my life. Probably since when I was done with those 3 tears I kept trying the whole catalog then I messed with a full size phone book just for the extra training (I knew I wouldn't rip it, obviously).

This is fun stuff!

http://arawndark.netfirms.com/650.jpg

I quartered 650 pages worth of phone book today! I'm still not nearly 100% recovered from my efforts on Monday... so after several more days of rest I intend to make an attempt at the full sized 1300 page book!

(you have to copy and paste the link to the address bar to work)

wow man, good job so far.

i got into tearing shortly after i started grip work, and i know what you mean. it is completely addicting (the job isn't over until you have conquered the full tear), and it provides a really nice forearm blast.

keep it up. look forward to reading about the full phonebook tear soon.

remember, it is only paper. just 1350 pages worth. :flame

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

*update*

I've been keeping at it guys! Last Thursday I ripped a 1000 page phone book and FOUR of the FULL catalogs (where I was doing 1/2s before). Friday I did another catalog, and Saturday I did another, plus I did one yesterday for my manager at work since he was always elsewhere when I was doing it before :)

Amazingly I've done all of this and feel LESS soreness in my hands and forearms than when I did my first 1/2 catalog. So I think I'm on my way to having some good hand power!

I find sticking tearing into my routine almost impossible. Besides powerlifting, I bend, pinch, crush, lever, and train support. Tearing just takes too long to recover from.

Yah, it really does take alot of recovery! I only did so much last week since it was my week off the gym. Normally I'll do 1-2 things a week and thats about it.