Zercher

dadams

What is it. I was just wondering. and what does it work?

If you talking about the "Zercher Squat" it is like a tweaked out variation of the front squat. Kind of resembles lifting stones as far as body positions and what not.

Go to

www.dieselcrew.com

and go into the video section, they some footage of them in there somewhere if I am not mistaken.

Or visit the www.usawa.com website. It goes something like this: Deadlift the bar to your knees. Balance it on your knees. Squat down and secure the barbell in the crooks of the elbows. Now rise out of that squat position with the barbell secured in the crooks of the elbows still. Now lower the bar to the knees. Balance the bar on the knees and pull the bar off then lower it.

I'm sure the website explains it a little better than I did.

A Zercher can be taken from a rack, placed in the front arms, then squated.

Diesel Crew does a variation of the lift by taking the bar from the floor, not using their hands to lift it from the ground then moving the weight into the arms. I believe they call this exercise prisoner squats.

zerchers are def hardcore as they tax your entire core, legs, lower back, and ability to take in pain. if you are going to try them out, make sure you have some chalk to protect your the base of your forearms.

DieselCrew's prisoner squats are something else; I have yet to work up the guts to attempt these things heavy from the floor.

I didn't know about these until NOS III but you can do stiff leg zercher deadlifts from the floor as well. They require a wide stance and I wouldn't start heavy because the tendons of your knee need to adapt. Don't forget one arm zerchers. Basically anything done in the crook of your arms is a zercher. If zercher is in front of whatever lift you are doing, the weight is in the crook of your arms. Try a search in the Geoner forum as well as this one and you should find some good discussion and some good #s top shoot for.

A Zercher can be taken from a rack, placed in the front arms, then squated.

Diesel Crew does a variation of the lift by taking the bar from the floor, not using their hands to lift it from the ground then moving the weight into the arms.  I believe they call this exercise prisoner squats.

Oddly enough the Prisonner squat is the name givin to body quats with the hands behind the head.....

You should look at the gallery of david horne, performing a HEAVY zercher!